Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afuris Sound - I'm Crushed :(

BinaryJavelin

When DE patched the sound of the Gorgon and Dual Vipers, they also changed the sounds of the Afuris. This went overlooked by most people because of the bigger issue being the Gorgon, and the fact that nobody uses the Afuris because they kinda suck. I will freely admit, the only reason I ever used the Afuris was because of the way they sounded. That sound was an awesomely loud, angry, racket of a noise that was terrifically satisfying. Here's a link to the old sounds http://youtu.be/75kLJDabTqI?t=8s , for those of you wondering.

They sounded amazing with a maxed Gunslinger. And I was heartbroken when DE changed them to a totally different sound. Now, the sound is just a quiet sort of click or snap, with a little echo after it. 

So DE, could you guys please adjust the sound of the Afuris to sound at least a little more like they used to? Maybe just a volume increase? They are extremely quiet now. I'm not asking for a rollback, although I would be extremely happy with that, I just want a little bit of the old satisfaction back. In my humble opinion, the Afuris are a boring and bland weapon to use now, as they just aren't fun or satisfying to use. Mine have been gathering dust, waiting on a sound fix.

Many apologies if this comes off as hostile, I'm just trying to spark a little life back into an old favorite weapon of mine. 

This is the 2nd thread about this, but I'm fine with that. At some point DE randomly changed the sounds on a few weps (Boar, Gorgon, Afuris, etc). Some of them sounded amazing and I don't think anyone had any complaints about the sound so not really sure what happened there. I personally really prefer the old ones.

I did read somewhere that apparently they were testing new sounds and the current Afuris sound is gonna go, there was on proof of that though.

I honestly like the new staccato sounds, it fits the Furis well.

Supposedly, the current sound for the Afuris is bugged, and I hope it is a bug, cause they sound stupid. I've been using the Afuris during CB and long after the sound changed, I live with it ( barely ) cause they do nice damage in bursts.

I think an in-between of the two sounds could work well. Back the, it was a bit too exaggerated (though I'll admit it was awesome). Right now, it's way too much of a simple "click" and seems to lack a bit overall, even though it's fitting. They could still keep it "fitting" by adding a bit more impact to the sound.

I hope it is bugged, like Kanade said.

Edited by Casardis

. This went overlooked by most people because of the bigger issue being the Gorgon, and the fact that nobody uses the Afuris because they kinda suck.

Afuris don't suck !!! They do need a potato and some forma to get to a decent level, but they're tons of fun and great at getting you out of sticky situations. Also they just rip the Stalker to pieces :P

And yes DE, please bring that old sound back !

I like the new Afuris.

The old one made the gun sound a LOT larger than it really was.

That sounds like you're firing 9mms or something at rapid speeds, when the Afuris is about the size of a .22 in reality.

The new sounds reflect that.

Edited by Xylia

I would love to see sound selectors on weapons, maybe in the same way that they just did stances. I know that some people do actually like the new Afuris sound. I feel that being able to select a sound you loved would be amazing for people that feel either way. Either way, I hope DE will fix it soon, if it is indeed a bug, I really miss those old things.