Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SACRIFICE SPOILER]

DJAnym

so this is what I don't understand. the whole "good" or "evil" seems turned out. at the end of the sacrifice quest, you get to choose what to say to Ballas, and somehow "Squirm like the maggot that you are" is good/light and "the cycle is broken" is evil/dark? what? how?

It's not so much good and evil in the traditional western sense, it's just Light and Dark in a more eastern sense dealing more with the emotional response to situations and less about the action itself. Thinking about the "morality" circle in this sense makes things a lot more clear I have found.

It was posted before by someone (I forgot where and by who) that the moral compas isn't exactly a good/evil meter rather an indicator of how the man in the wall sees us:

Light being he disagrees with us (quote from TWW if you choose to destroy the kuva : " You mad at me, kiddo? Did you forget? You owe me.")

the middle being him being neutral (quote from TWW if you choose to control the kuva : " Don't forget, kiddo... you're nothing without me.")

and dark being he likes us (quote from TWW if you drink the kuva : " Hey, kiddo, what took you so long?")

2 minutes ago, MortalMercenary said:

It's not so much good and evil in the traditional western sense, it's just Light and Dark in a more eastern sense dealing more with the emotional response to situations and less about the action itself. Thinking about the "morality" circle in this sense makes things a lot more clear I have found.

so basically saying "squirm like a maggot" is "light" because it has a bigger emotional and moral impact?

1 minute ago, DJAnym said:

so basically saying "squirm like a maggot" is "light" because it has a bigger emotional and moral impact?

Sort of, It is more emotionally charged, were as Moon is more emotionally distant, and then there is neutral which is kind of hard to put into words what it really is. Someone else described this well a little while ago on reddit but just try to think about it as more of an emotional level of response and not a good/evil level of response.

See it the same way Day Equinox is the offensive one (Rage,Provoke, Maim) while Night Equinox is the calm, healing one (Rest, Pacify, Mend).

Wrath of the Sun, Peacefulness of the Moon

In Warframe's universe, there is no sense of Good and Bad.

Edited by Chewarette