Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious Clan Donation Problem. An Idea for the system.

CurlyB1991

Hello.

I'm a clan manager in a small clan with a lot of resource gathering. But the issue we are having is, we have to give very trusted permissions to brand-new members to make decorations, and then destroy them, to donate clan resources other than Credits. I'm not sure who i should have sent this to, and i know for sure you are all busy for Tenno-con. However this is a serious concern for all clans in the solar system. And i would like you all to consider a system to contribute resources to a clan without being a most-trusted member. There have been multiple people who haven't stayed in our family-oriented clan because there was no way they could contribute other than credits. This would be a fantastic addition to all Tenno if we did not have to destroy the Vault or worry that some non-trusted member would destroy our Vault or Trade Center just to donate materials to the clan. Thank you very much for listening to this Tenno and Clan managers concerns.

Much Praise to the [DM] team!!!

I'm the warlord of a 300 member mountain clan (and active), we have found you do not need trusted permissions in order to contribute decorations, so unless you are wanting it to be possible for some clan members to either donate personal decorations (which requires treasurer and is considered a trusted permission to me), or are wanting them to be able to place decorations without being able to destroy decorations (no permission, including decorator does this - decorator can destroy decorations) I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. 

If you are wanting people to be able to place decorations without destroying them, then, yes, I agree that would be a good addition. However, it sounds to me like you think that they need permissions to donate to decorations? (no permissions are required to donate to decorations)

On another note, I would also add it would be nice if people could straight up donate excess resources to the clan vault.

If I understood this correctly.. you're building decorations and then destroying them to get the resources donated to those decorations added to your clan vault so that you can use them for other donations..?

Why? What are you donating these materials towards for you to go about it in such a roundabout way? What's stopping them from just directly donating to anything that needs the resources? When I joined a clan I could immediately just donate without needing to be a most trusted member so this just doesn't make sense to me.

Warlord (one of 5) of a 1000 member, 5+ Year old clan here.

Only thing you really need to give your basic member is the ability for "Tech".

Donating personal decorations, resources, and credits are already innate abilities that do not require Treasurer, Dojo Decorator, or Architect.

You need to give people the role of "Tech" though for them to contribute to research items from Labs.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Yetchii said:

If I understood this correctly.. you're building decorations and then destroying them to get the resources donated to those decorations added to your clan vault so that you can use them for other donations..?

Why? What are you donating these materials towards for you to go about it in such a roundabout way? What's stopping them from just directly donating to anything that needs the resources? When I joined a clan I could immediately just donate without needing to be a most trusted member so this just doesn't make sense to me.

Sometimes it's easier for people so they don't have to go far from the spawn to track down something.

Would be nice if there was a direct way for people to donate resources to the Vault via the Treasury console or at the very least a better way towards an actual object instead of the unintuitive current system (ESC > Decorations > Decorate > 2).

Just to also clear something, people of the rank of Treasurer are the ones that can use items from the Clan Vault to fund an item.

Edited by Sean

sorry, first time using the forums, taking the tag megathread off, thanks for that. and unfortunatly our vault, even though we are a mountain rank ourselves, cannot seem to donate resources directly to our clan for research if clan members want, for example, the extra archwings we have yet to finish.

thats my whole point of this thread. it has nothing to do with decorations other than it is the only way for us to donate resources for research in our labs, by destroying decorations other clan members have put into them. which our guild leader will not give permissions to unless he trusts them for the sake of someone could accidentally destroy something by accident we did not want destroyed. thats all. its a research lab and other resource problem.

by the way thanks for the awesome feedback!!!

As the founder of my clan and someone along with other members of my clan who get into highly decorating the dojo, in my opinion what's wrong with the contribution system now is that especially for new players it is a complicated process. With the free camera movement and that is not including that you know how to get to that stage. When you do get to that stage, then you have to highlight a decoration that needs contributions and then contribute to it. A much easier system would be for members to access the clan vault while in there Warframe and contribute a specific resource that they want or that the clan needs. With de adding more and more decorations and the builds getting grander and grander usually only a few members act as the architects of the entire Clan and builds would go much faster if they had a ready supply of contributions from the other members. This would also speed up Warlords assigning promotions to members that contribute given that we have a tracking system now. PS please forgive the sporadic thoughts, I have ADD.

• 4 weeks later...

Da Famos Bubba i wholly agree with you and i hope [DE] hears this post. We need more than 12 clan members in a 140 clan member total, Rank 9 Mountain clan, being able to donate anything but credits due to the Donation-tied-to-the-Decorator-system. Everything the dojo relies on, its up to the 12 members to research. Since we are finished with Credits with all research. But god forbid if 12 of us can even take the time for [Hema] Research due to the outrageous 150,000 total [mutagen samples], not even wanting to start on that at this point because the people who have the samples can't donate!!! And we at this point and time still need 139,000 because its just 12 of us who can be trusted to not destroy the trade tower or other important functions to research something. So, yes, this is a big problem. Even if, [DE], we added the "Decorator" permission to everyone in a specific certain room so it can be called the "Donation Scrap Pile Room" this would still be an improvement. But nowhere can i or my other clan mates see this in function yet.

Edited by CurlyB1991
typos, pronunciation. might not have caught them all. :)

On 2018-06-27 at 4:48 AM, CurlyB1991 said:

sorry, first time using the forums, taking the tag megathread off, thanks for that. and unfortunatly our vault, even though we are a mountain rank ourselves, cannot seem to donate resources directly to our clan for research if clan members want, for example, the extra archwings we have yet to finish.

thats my whole point of this thread. it has nothing to do with decorations other than it is the only way for us to donate resources for research in our labs, by destroying decorations other clan members have put into them. which our guild leader will not give permissions to unless he trusts them for the sake of someone could accidentally destroy something by accident we did not want destroyed. thats all. its a research lab and other resource problem.

by the way thanks for the awesome feedback!!!

...... Just. Give. Them. Tech. Perms. I don't even understand why the hell you would do donations any other way OTHER than dirctly in to the lab you are doing stuff with. Your leader sounds a bit paranoid or just has no idea what he/she is doing.

give them this. Its the page from Support, and it lists EXACTLY what the perms can do.
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200049929-Clan-Alliance-and-Dojo-Guide

Edited by TheJagji