Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback for Archwing improvements.

KubrowTamer

Momentum:
I both like and dislike the momentum. I feel like the momentum in movement should stay so long as there is no control input. I like how you can just let go and float forward, however if I dont like having it making the archwing feel unresponsive. The movement of the archwing should feel quick and accurate. If your strafing right and want to go left, you shouldn't have to wait for momentum to execute the move.

Dodging:
Currently this feels a bit pointless. There are 3 major issues i have with this. The first is the time after the dodge. In the animation there is about as much time after the dodge as during the dodge. This means you have an entire period in which you cant move and shoot and puts you in a position were the enemy can openly fire at you. The animation time after the roll should be removed and action should be allowed the moment the roll is done not 2 to 3 seconds afterwords. My second issue is the forward dodge. This dodge serves no purpose. Its easy to accidentally hit and lock you into an animation you dont want to be in. The forward dodge should be removed. My 3rd issue is it connection to momentum and distance. When you dodge the distance should always be the same. Currently if your moving fast and go to dodge it can send you flying out quite a ways. This can be slightly annoying when playing in the tight corpus maps. A comfortable max dodge distance should be put in place

Stoping:
A hard stop key should be implemented. Considering both F and R are not defaultly used because arch-guns do not reload this would make be an ideal place to put the button. This would be great so players can insta stop in an emergency and give more control to the player.

Gameplay variety:

When is say this I don't mean more mission modes "altho they would be welcome" I mean more general content for when your in mission. More enemy variety, More archwings, More weapons. Stuff to generally give the players more options to mix and match which would allow the gameplay in general to be less stale. Having more enemy variety also makes the gameplay more interesting both mechanically and visually. No more reskined enemies. Make them different.

Return archwing rewards to archwing:
Making arch-weapon rewards come from syndicates wasn't a good move. It makes it harder for newer players to get access to the weapon(s) they might be interested in. It also pulls gameplay away from the archwing mode making the mode feel useless to play. It was also already a complain that archwing wasn't rewarding enough so taking more rewards off didn't make sense.

While I never encountered usage of 'dodging' before, I am in total agreement with all that is said. Personally having more Archwing missions on more planets with more varied levels would be great, but that's just the top of the iceberg of things I'd like to happen, which is under this here spoiler.

Spoiler

1: More Archwing involvement in missions or vice-versa. See the Aquawing or Skywing modes - Uranus and Plains respectively - as examples of implementing this.

2: The ability to use some non-Archwing weapons in Archwing, and vice-versa, as they are both viable. May require stat rebalancing.

3: Allowing non-Archwing mods to be used in/on Archwings and their weapons. Due to said stat rebalancing, the Archwing-specific mods besides augments would become a waste of resources, unless they are buffed to compensate.

4: Allow Archwings and Archweapons to be used 'unconventionally' - Archwings as stabilizers for the hefty Archweapons to enable parkour even while using such heavy armaments.

5: Bigger Corpus Trenchway tiles instead of the overly restrictive ones which you can't navigate through without going at walking speed or bashing into everything and subsequently exploding.

6: More Archwing mission variants - such as strafing a Grineer Galleon's hull, Archwing Invasions, and hybrid modes which allow you to enter the interior tileset and exit it as part of the mission (looking at you, Grineer/Corpus Ship-to-Ship Invasions).

7: More unique Archwing enemies rather than just reskinned Ospreys and Dargyns. We've got Raptor 2.0s for example which could serve as Archwing's equivalent of Bursas, and the almost-never-seen Kuva Courier/Ogma/Dargyn. When will we fight Infested, Corrupted and Sentient forces in Archwing as well as on-ground?

8: More reasons to go Archwing, be it for Archweapon parts (which are currently Syndicate exclusives, forcing some of us like myself to desperately hope that Trade Chat may have them in stock (which they don't) ), bigger amounts of loot (higher credit/endo profits in comparison to normal missions), or other content that currently does not exist.

9: Right now, Archwing only exists to act as a deployable pair of wings on Plains/Venus_Landscape, to do Archwing missions that must be done, to complete bossfights and other Archwing content that has to be done - and in general provides little to no satisfaction for when you max it besides the highly unlikely potential of using Archwing to farm for Focus XP, which nobody does (as far as I know, anyway).

10: And that's not all. I might've missed out a lot of things.

2 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

While I never encountered usage of 'dodging' before, I am in total agreement with all that is said. Personally having more Archwing missions on more planets with more varied levels would be great, but that's just the top of the iceberg of things I'd like to happen, which is under this here spoiler.

Hide contents

1: More Archwing involvement in missions or vice-versa. See the Aquawing or Skywing modes - Uranus and Plains respectively - as examples of implementing this.

2: The ability to use some non-Archwing weapons in Archwing, and vice-versa, as they are both viable. May require stat rebalancing.

3: Allowing non-Archwing mods to be used in/on Archwings and their weapons. Due to said stat rebalancing, the Archwing-specific mods besides augments would become a waste of resources, unless they are buffed to compensate.

4: Allow Archwings and Archweapons to be used 'unconventionally' - Archwings as stabilizers for the hefty Archweapons to enable parkour even while using such heavy armaments.

5: Bigger Corpus Trenchway tiles instead of the overly restrictive ones which you can't navigate through without going at walking speed or bashing into everything and subsequently exploding.

6: More Archwing mission variants - such as strafing a Grineer Galleon's hull, Archwing Invasions, and hybrid modes which allow you to enter the interior tileset and exit it as part of the mission (looking at you, Grineer/Corpus Ship-to-Ship Invasions).

7: More unique Archwing enemies rather than just reskinned Ospreys and Dargyns. We've got Raptor 2.0s for example which could serve as Archwing's equivalent of Bursas, and the almost-never-seen Kuva Courier/Ogma/Dargyn. When will we fight Infested, Corrupted and Sentient forces in Archwing as well as on-ground?

8: More reasons to go Archwing, be it for Archweapon parts (which are currently Syndicate exclusives, forcing some of us like myself to desperately hope that Trade Chat may have them in stock (which they don't) ), bigger amounts of loot (higher credit/endo profits in comparison to normal missions), or other content that currently does not exist.

9: Right now, Archwing only exists to act as a deployable pair of wings on Plains/Venus_Landscape, to do Archwing missions that must be done, to complete bossfights and other Archwing content that has to be done - and in general provides little to no satisfaction for when you max it besides the highly unlikely potential of using Archwing to farm for Focus XP, which nobody does (as far as I know, anyway).

10: And that's not all. I might've missed out a lot of things.

Personally, I think arch-weapons and enemies in archwing mode need a total re-balance and arch-weapon mods should be taken out. I think arch-weapons should work off normal weapon mods. One of the complaints about archwing I see constantly is that there isn't enough mods to get the build you want. I think keeping a few arch-weapon specific mods might be a good idea to encourage some level of farming in archwing missions, but for the most part a conversion to regular mods might be a good thing. I think a lot of people don't enjoy having to pump endo into a variation of a mod when the normal mod could be used instead.

Archwing fix:

AW anywhere, maybe not practical but possible cause, why not?

I'd like to see pure archwing missions blended seamlessly into regular tiles.

Getting in and out of water feels clunky and restricted. A different type of transport for water, not the same as archwing.

Additional control for flight, you can't get those swooping/ banking maneuvers in there with only one stick for control.

A slight bobbing motion added for movement like when hovering, the actual flying pose is so stiff looking.

There should be a hovering limit added just above ground so as to not have u digging into the surface/geometry complicating/compromising your momentum.
An automatic kick-off of walled surfaces so you don't get into that infinite pushing into the wall effect while looking like your still flying.

When calling on AW I would like it better if if it just attached to me. Or have marker above it so it's not lost on the field in the chaos.

Ascend/ descend is far too slow for practical functionality, as so with the barrel roll. A Barrel roll should b quick and succinct to be of any use.
(I should be nimble like a gnat at a cookout) more responsiveness.

At afterburner speeds you also cannot ascend/ descend quick enough to avoid obstacles
You need be able to get up and back down quickly for evasion and maneuverability and it is currently not possible due to this (Maybe a quick double tap to gain ascension or descension).

Walking w/ AW still attached?

Added melee usage for AW
You also become de-Archwinged too easy.

The reference point for turning in AW seems to bend at reticle and not at your warframe? Hard to explain

I actually hate basically every Archwing Mission besides the Razorback Armada, and the forcefields in that mission seem clunky and anti-fun. Players enjoy /moving/ and shooting. Not being blocked and trapped in a corner and forced to kill something.

Could we have an Archwing mission that /isn't/ about defending a target or interception (which is defending a target in a more annoying fashion).

Or defending one target, like a large vessel would be much more appreciated.

It should also be noted that there do not seem to be any high level archwing missions save for the Razorback Armada?

The Jordis Golem battle is also a terrible mission, where a player can easily leave the bounds and 'flee the mission.' In addition the boss can get trapped inside debris, making the fight terribly long, as you can barely shoot him, but he can smash you trying to find a hole to shoot him through the debris.The ineffectiveness of melee throughout the battle is also annoying. Crafting and leveling up a weapon set for it to be unusable during a battle is terrible for a player investing time into something.

I picked up Strike Vector Ex last year and had a lot fun with it...it has some of the best flight mechanics for pop and lock combat since "Fall of Cybertron"...the issues it had was it focused solely on PVP, had a terrible story, and the music was awful...but flying around at break neck speeds and then popping into a floating gun platform with Armored Core like jet thruster mechanics to dodge with made it a real treat...

Arching on the other hand is just awful. I rather use my Operator to flash teleport all over the place or grab the Dargyn because that is at least is fun to use, even though it's weapons are just dismal because somebody wants to play it safe with throw away mobs out on the plains for some reason...(Players abusing the mobs, poor babies that they are).

But yes, Arching seriously needs somebody on the De team who wants to make it fun..real fun. not watered down fun just to play it safe.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

13 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I picked up Strike Vector Ex last year and had a lot fun with it...it has some of the best flight mechanics for pop and lock combat since "Fall of Cybertron"...the issues it had was it focused solely on PVP, had a terrible story, and the music was awful...but flying around at break neck speeds and then popping into a floating gun platform with Armored Core like jet thruster mechanics to dodge with made it a real treat...

Arching on the other hand is just awful. I rather use my Operator to flash teleport all over the place or grab the Dargyn because that is at least is fun to use, even though it's weapons are just dismal because somebody wants to play it safe with throw away mobs out on the plains for some reason...(Players abusing the mobs, poor babies that they are).

But yes, Arching seriously needs somebody on the De team who wants to make it fun..real fun. not watered down fun just to play it safe.

It's why it has always confused me as to why DE does not have a dedicated Archwing team but has a PVP team. Archwing is directly connected in some cases to normal missions and gameplay but not any of the PVP modes.

1. Underwater movement should be faster. I view being slowed down as a penalty (e.g. frost procs) and that extends to the long stretches underwater.
  2. More varied missions. After getting decent gear, I actually enjoyed Pursuit. It feels different and new from other kinds of missions.
  3. Rework Jordas and add another Archwing boss. The Jordas fight is really easy to cheese, especially with Amesha and Fluctus.
  4. Recognize Archwing for the idea that we're essentially star fighters. It's not uncommon for a group of small fighters to blow holes in much larger ships.
    1. I could very much see a hybrid mission where you attack the external defenses of a large ship and then breach it, finishing up the mission inside.
    2. I understand that sneaking on board ships and such is more in line with the stealth aspect of the game, but then ninjas mass slaughtering people really isn't part of the genre either.
  5. Some Archwing weapons need a serious overhaul -- Dual Decurions, I'm looking at you.
  6. Archwing melee weapons could also use some more variety. Right now there's no functional difference beyond stats for the melee weapons that I've seen.

Yeah, Archwing needs a lot of TLC.  It's just not... fun.  Shame, too: it's such a cool idea and the introduction was totally hype.

Seconding the idea of more missions where you swap between frame and wing.

I'd like to see something like "Tower Assault" that lets you buzz around the outside of an Orokin tower, completing various objectives to e.g. take down it's shields, open a hole, fly in, disable the neural sentry, plant bombs, haul ass out of there, etc.

I see it as similar to the Fomorian, only more involved and nicer to look at.