Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Volt's Speed ability on allies

mvaldess

I have no problem when a Volt player wants to use Speed in order to go faster himself/herself.

But, as an ally, I don't like been under the effects of Speed because Volt players put so much Power Strenght that make the game almost unplayable outside Eidolon.

I constantly get stuck in walls and can't spin with melee. I backflip to "opt-out" but they cast Speed every 10-15 seconds.

Can we have a way to avoid been affected by this ability or change the backflip for a rolling or a cap for the effect over allies?

Here's a solution, play a high power strength Volt for a few days and get used to the speed. It's something that you can learn to deal with yourself and the huge DPS boost that it gives you is worth the effort.

In a game that's all about power creep, you really shouldn't look down on a free DPS buff.

its another "i refuse to adapt to increased movement/attack speed" topic...

there are Opt outs, there have been suggestions to improve the opt out (30s+remaining duration lockout on recast speed for example)

ultimately however, right now its better to simply learn it and stop complaining or asking for change...

just suggest a change and leave out the "it bugs me" part.. its just annoying and the "it bugs me" statement just does nothing to improve the odds of a suggestion to try and improve anything.

People complain about their warfames moving to slow, and ability casts stopping them in place, and not being able to use some abilities while reloading makes things clunky. Its liek they all wanna go real fast, but then they get a frame that gives them the speed they desire, they complain about it.

8 minutes ago, -BM-Mitz said:

Have you tried asking the volt to cast less?

I know it's not much but a little gesture goes a long way for me.

That is an option, but that depends of the good will of the Volt player and I don't think we play Warframe to chat during the mission to explain ourselves.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Here's a solution, play a high power strength Volt for a few days and get used to the speed. It's something that you can learn to deal with yourself and the huge DPS boost that it gives you is worth the effort.

In a game that's all about power creep, you really shouldn't look down on a free DPS buff.

I don't like Volt, doesn't adjust to my playstyle, so I don't think I'm going to try that.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

its another "i refuse to adapt to increased movement/attack speed" topic...

there are Opt outs, there have been suggestions to improve the opt out (30s+remaining duration lockout on recast speed for example)

ultimately however, right now its better to simply learn it and stop complaining or asking for change...

just suggest a change and leave out the "it bugs me" part.. its just annoying and the "it bugs me" statement just does nothing to improve the odds of a suggestion to try and improve anything.

The problem isn't go a little bit faster, the problem is going a lot faster. I think I can handle a 50% of more speed but 150-180%... that's too much.

And if you read the end of my first post you will see some sort of suggestion: a way to avoid the effect, rolling instead of backflip, or a cap on the speed.

5 minutes ago, mvaldess said:

I don't like Volt, doesn't adjust to my playstyle, so I don't think I'm going to try that

I'm not saying you should main him or anything. Just run a couple high speed missions and get used to the speed. God forbid you get a little better at a game you enjoy lol.

29 minutes ago, mvaldess said:

he problem isn't go a little bit faster, the problem is going a lot faster. I think I can handle a 50% of more speed but 150-180%... that's too much.

And if you read the end of my first post you will see some sort of suggestion: a way to avoid the effect, rolling instead of backflip, or a cap on the speed.

as many have mentioned, and why i did not comment on it..

A: Rolling is a huge part of forward movement, speed increases it as well and such a methiod for opting out of speed would make the problem of having speed spammed worse in many cases while weakening the ability for those who want it.

B: Capping the speed, also a big no. going back to the "because preferances" reason.. you might not like it, but others do and many players play volt for his insane movement speed.

i do not think you read my post either.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

i came to this conclusion months ago in another "stop the speed" topic. its not a "auto opt out" that can be set in the menu or a chat command that ignores teammate buffs.. but it does the job of drastically reducing the need to "spam backflip" for those who don't want speed... 

if backflipping prevent speed from affecting you for 30s-1m+remaining duration at the moment of opting out, would it be as big of a issue for you?

this is a VERY old discussion. one that has already been partially addressed by DE in the past (there was no opt out originally).

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

25 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

B: Capping the speed, also a big no. going back to the "because preferances" reason.. you might not like it, but others do and many players play volt for his insane movement speed. 

Maybe a cap for the allies not the Volt itself.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

again, its not just volt. many people like volts speed buff and weakening it for them is as bad as weakening it for volt himself..

also there's players that don't like the volt's speed, or the limbo rift, or the extra power strength when you are a fast nova, etc.

would be nice to have a fast and easy way to opt-out the buff from other warframe.

There is already another topic for this discussion:

Volt's Speed buff is easily removable if you are not used to it using a back-flip. I believe learning to parkour under the influence of the Speed buff would dramatically increase the mobility skill of a player. Volt is not an issue in my opinion. It is frustrating at first, as all Warframe mechanics are, but learning them is something that does more good than harm.

34 minutes ago, mvaldess said:

also there's players that don't like the volt's speed, or the limbo rift, or the extra power strength when you are a fast nova, etc.

would be nice to have a fast and easy way to opt-out the buff from other warframe.

From the thread I linked above:

On 2018-06-21 at 11:47 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

The movement system in this game allows players to fly through tilesets. While you may not be used to, or may not enjoy 333-347% strength Volt speed, you can adjust to it overtime.

I believe that if you truly dislike specific Warframe buffs on your team, you can always not play with those players. This includes Volts, Limbos, etc. I understand your frustration, but I think the current Volt powers are properly tuned for the game.

I don't think we need opt-outs for every single buff as it would be highly annoying to accidentally hit these combinations and lose things like Nidus Link, Rhino Roar, Volt Speed, Escape Velocity, Jetstream, and many other augments/abilities.

49 minutes ago, mvaldess said:

Maybe a cap for the allies not the Volt itself.

No. This is a horrible suggestion and ruins the fluidity of the game for those that have mastered parkour maneuvers. We shouldn't nerf buffs because players cannot adapt and improve their mobility skills.

Edited by --Q--Voltage