Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Chromatic Blade Worth using? Excalibur Umbra mod setup

tinyranitar

Question

Hello, 

I am wondering whether or not Chromatic Blade (Exalted Blade Augment) is worth using?

The Status Chance bonus is nice, but is it better to just use another Status/Damage mod instead for better DPS and slight decrease in status chance?
Is the Elemental Conversion worth it?

Also if possible anyone can give me best mod set up on Excalibur Umbra?

Thanks in advance

Edited by tinyranitar
additional question

18 answers to this question

Just now, tinyranitar said:

I am interested. I'd greatly appreciate your help, thanks!

Arcane modifiers: Arcane Fury, Arcane Guardian

Aura: Steel Charge

Exilus: Primed Sure Footed (if you don't have one I recommend Handspring)

Excalibur Umbra: Umbral Intensify, Umbral Fiber, Umbral Vitality, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Quick Thinking, Hunter Adrenaline, Chromatic Blade (fire energy colour)

Exalted Umbra Blade: Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Berserker, Life Strike, Primed Fever Strike, Shocking Touch, Vicious Frost (place it after other elemental mods), Condition Overload.

How it works: Hunter Adrenaline gives you energy upon receiving HP damage, Life Strike helps you replenish your HP by channeled hits with EB. Quick Thinking gives you a second HP bar (your energy pool). Combined with the fire element given by orange energy color, you'll get corrosive + blast damage types on Exalted Blade which are very useful in destroying enemies' armor and knocking them down (or even sending them flying, depending on combo you use). Condition Overload will boost your damage when you score a status effect on the enemy.

Mine is:

Aura Steel Charge, exilus Handspring

Umbral Vitality, Umbral Fiber, Umbral Intensify, Hunter Adrenaline, Stretch, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise r3, Chromatic Blade. 

Coupled with an Adarza Kavat with Hunter Recovery, Pack Leader, and Sharpened Claws. 

Foreword: I don't run with Chromatic Blade but it's a personal choice.
For the sake of builds, here's my Excalibur setup, in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Excalibur:
Aura: Steel Charge, or whatever suits you and the polarity it has. Exilus: Power Drift. Arcanes: Whatever suits you.
Mods: Intensify*, Steel Fiber*, Vitality*, Primed Vigor, Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Streamline, Augur Secrets, Rage.
Power Drift, Intensify, and Augur Secrets are essential to enhancing damage potential; Primed Flow is necessary to conserve excess energy gained from taking damage.
*Umbra counterparts may override these for Excalibur Umbra.

Exalted Blade:
Mods: True Steel*, Primed Pressure Point*, Condition Overload, Life Strike, 4 dual-stat elemental mods to raise chances of proccing.
Condition Overload allows infinite damage scaling, and Life Strike requires, in the right scenarios, only one channeled strike to restore all missing health.
*Umbra counterparts may override these for Exalted Umbra Blade, even if Sacrificial Pressure deals less damage than it's Primed counterpart.

Skiajati:
Use the same configuration as Exalted Umbra Blade, but replace Life Strike with Blood Rush and one of the elemental combinations with Organ Shatter and Drifting Contact.

15 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Arcane modifiers: Arcane Fury, Arcane Guardian

Aura: Steel Charge

Exilus: Primed Sure Footed (if you don't have one I recommend Handspring)

Excalibur Umbra: Umbral Intensify, Umbral Fiber, Umbral Vitality, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Quick Thinking, Hunter Adrenaline, Chromatic Blade (fire energy colour)

Exalted Umbra Blade: Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Berserker, Life Strike, Primed Fever Strike, Shocking Touch, Vicious Frost (place it after other elemental mods), Condition Overload.

How it works: Hunter Adrenaline gives you energy upon receiving HP damage, Life Strike helps you replenish your HP by channeled hits with EB. Quick Thinking gives you a second HP bar (your energy pool). Combined with the fire element given by orange energy color, you'll get corrosive + blast damage types on Exalted Blade which are very useful in destroying enemies' armor and knocking them down (or even sending them flying, depending on combo you use). Condition Overload will boost your damage when you score a status effect on the enemy.

Would Sacrificial Steel and Sacrificial Pressure do? I don't have either Primed Pressure Point nor Primed Fury. Berserker crit proc would make up for the attack speed

5 minutes ago, tinyranitar said:

Would Sacrificial Steel and Sacrificial Pressure do? I don't have either Primed Pressure Point nor Primed Fury. Berserker crit proc would make up for the attack speed

From my experience, Berserker procs all the time even without any crit mods. You can leave both Sacrificial mods, your EB will be slightly weaker, slower and crit will proc a little more often. You can also use normal Pressure Point and Fury. Anyways, Condition Overload will mostly do the damage job.

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

From my experience, Berserker procs all the time even without any crit mods. You can leave both Sacrificial mods, your EB will be slightly weaker, slower and crit will proc a little more often. You can also use normal Pressure Point and Fury. Anyways, Condition Overload will mostly do the damage job.

I see... Thing is I just don't want to forma away the Umbra Polarity slots...

3 minutes ago, tinyranitar said:

I see... Thing is I just don't want to forma away the Umbra Polarity slots...

I didn't repolarize them for the sake of anti-sentient build, had to forma all the other slots though. My build fits if you put the cheapest mods (Vicious Frost and Life Strike) in Umbra slots.