The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cheat Engine, permabans, and my solution to the problem

CorerMaximus

2 minutes ago, CorerMaximus said:

I guess I'm a bit disappointed with the way this discussion is heading- instead discussing the current stance on guilty until proven innocent stance the game has on Cheat Engine,

No discussion is needed.  You were found, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to be running a Cheat Engine while starting the game up.  Thus guilty.  There is no "innocent" in this scenario.  DE doesn't care if you're a nice guy.  DE doesn't care if your sister died, distracting you into forgetting to shut CE down.  DE doesn't care if you've paid tons of $ for Plat in this game.  When there is a preponderance of evidence, no discussion is needed.  That is why you don't see a jury at every court hearing.  

The average player barely (or doesn't at all) know what a Cheat Engine is.  The fact that you A) know what CE is, and B) are actually using it, precludes to you not being an average player with "average" knowledge of videogame rules.  Because you are "above average" in knowledge, there is an "above average" expectation placed on you to monitor what programs you are running at any given time.  

You may need to put down the bong a bit and sharpen up those awareness skills before operating a heavy vehicle (your computer) in the future.  

2 minutes ago, Goombpaler said:

You had a cheat engine running while a game was playing. Any decent anti-cheat would ban you. This is one of the worst complaints I've seen about auto-banning imo

Sure, you're right. I'm sorry I offended you- I'm done arguing my point and am just waiting for a moderator to lock this down... I'm done. (out of curiosity- did you read my original post if at all?)

6 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

No discussion is needed.  You were found, beyond a shadow of a doubt, to be running a Cheat Engine while starting the game up.  Thus guilty.  There is no "innocent" in this scenario.  DE doesn't care if you're a nice guy.  DE doesn't care if your sister died, distracting you into forgetting to shut CE down.  DE doesn't care if you've paid tons of $ for Plat in this game.  When there is a preponderance of evidence, no discussion is needed.  That is why you don't see a jury at every court hearing.  

The average player barely (or doesn't at all) know what a Cheat Engine is.  The fact that you A) know what CE is, and B) are actually using it, precludes to you not being an average player with "average" knowledge of videogame rules.  Because you are "above average" in knowledge, there is an "above average" expectation placed on you to monitor what programs you are running at any given time.  

You may need to put down the bong a bit and sharpen up those awareness skills before operating a heavy vehicle (your computer) in the future.  

This is why I want the thread locked down- I'm kinda surprised at the kind of people commenting here- it's quite the opposite to those what I've found ingame who are among the most caring and sympathetic people online who are able to see both sides of a discussion- these replies make me feel I'm in an entirely different community altogether. Please take a moment to read your reply- it personally attacks me and is more than likely going to dissuade others with different opinions from posting here...

Edited by CorerMaximus

Just now, CorerMaximus said:

Sure, you're right. I'm sorry I offended you- I'm done arguing my point and am just waiting for a moderator to lock this down... I'm done. (out of curiosity- did you read my original post if at all?)

Yup, I read it. IMO, you shouldn't even have a cheat engine for offline games. But if you choose to, you should be careful about how and when you use it.

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Doesn't the launcher throw a fit if CE is running?

I'm not the first to say, but yes. I can also confirm.

The patcher stops you from launching the game when CE is active.

hace 5 horas, CorerMaximus dijo:

I guess that's fair, but it sets a terrible precedent for shifting the honus for being aware of what's running on the background to players, and that just sounds terribly rude.

To help understand how bad it sounds, lets turn this around using your words- DE's anticheat system is not the players problem. If I as a player am important enough to Digital Extremes that they want me to keep spending money into Warframe and recommending the game to friends who've contributed a substantial amount of money towards Warframe as a whole, they will figure a way to effectively distinguish between players who are actually maliciously trying to ruin the game, and those who've made honest mistakes. Otherwise, I'm sure they'll figure complain about not having enough money when their playerbase as a whole starts lacking confidence in throwing money towards Warframe. (see? It sounds terrible, doesn't it? 😛 ) 

DE dont (and shouldnt) care to lose a very little amount of people ... most likely the cost of changing that "autoban" script its more that what they lose from the banned "cheaters" .

9 minutes ago, CorerMaximus said:

This is why I want the thread locked down- I'm kinda surprised at the kind of people commenting here- it's quite the opposite to those what I've found ingame who are among the most caring and sympathetic people online who are able to see both sides of a discussion- these replies make me feel I'm in an entirely different community altogether. Please take a moment to read your reply- it personally attacks me and is more than likely going to dissuade others with different opinions from posting here...

To label those who "don't agree with my viewpoint" as "uncaring" is not going to garner you any sympathy.  It can be argued that people who take a hard line against cheating, perceived or actual, actually care MORE about the game than somebody (ie: yourself) who thinks rules should be malleable, relaxed, and non-binding.  

I am sympathetic to your plight, sure.  I am far more sympathetic to the unnecessary expectations being placed on DE who shouldn't even be burdened by ridiculous complaints like this.  You're struggling endlessly to gain the "moral high ground", but it's not really working.  Try to appeal your case.  If DE helps you out, that's good for you.  If they don't, then treat this as a life lesson to take a bit more responsibility for your actions.  

Edited by AlMcFly