Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veldt need abit of love (and buff)

ZzVinniezZ

face it, it has good design (for me) but the states of it is lack buster compare to latron series (wraith / prime). why riven disposition of Veldt is Neutral when barely anyone using it? it should be STRONG instead. have you guys seen Tiberon prime? it has too many firing mode that fit every situation. shotgun tiberon? slap in heavy caliber. sniper tiberon? Semi-auto mode. machine gun tiberon? (auto mode). it would be nice if the Veldt get a slight buff to it critical chance or critical damage and make the zoom useful by adding x2 more damage to headshot because i don't see the reasons of this zoom function to exist 

29 minutes ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

have you guys seen Tiberon prime?

Are you comparing a non-Prime to a Prime and using that comparison to get a buff to the non-Prime?

30 minutes ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

make the zoom useful by adding x2 more damage to headshot because i don't see the reasons of this zoom function to exist

Bonus damage on zoom is a Sniper category thing.

I think its damage should be buffed, its fire rate and mag size lowered, and have it be converted into a sniper with the shot combo counter. It then become the games first no scope sniper, and all of a sudden it looks way more unique and interesting. 

Edited by (XB1)Godlike13

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Godlike13 said:

I think its damage should be buffed, its fire rate and mag size lowered, and have it be converted into a sniper with the shot combo counter. It then become the games first no scope sniper, and all of a sudden it looks way more unique and interesting. 

I like it the way it is now though. I don't want it to become a scopeless SR. The vedlt has become one of my favourite weapons to use in the game, so I like it the way it is. DMRs are scopeless SR in a way, so you already have your scopeless sniper wish. Designated Marksmen Rifles are rifles given to soldiers that operate more in combat squads than working solo with their spotter. The rounds are not as powerful as a conventional sniper team which normally uses the .338 lapua round which is a heavy hitter. Instead the DMR uses a lower caliber 7.62 variant or another round which is what the DMRs in this game basically are.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Godlike13 said:

Its really boring and uninteresting the way it is now though. Beyond its look im not sure what incentive there is to really use it. We already have plenty DMRs as it is, and the Velt isn't even a particularity good DMR. 

I don't find it boring or uninteresting at all. I love the way it sounds, handles, and looks. With the right riven, it can melt high level enemies like the one I use can. You use it because you want to use the weapon. If you have to add a gimmick to make a weapon people play, I would say the weapon is not really good to begin with if you have to go that far to make people use it.

I like the veldt the way it currently is, and the only thing I wouldn't mind them changing up is increasing it's damage or crit chance by a tiny bit. Other than that the weapon is fine to me. Besides, the vedlt prime will eventually come which will have bumped up stats and everything else.

my suggestion if anything was for zooming in to give Veldt 100% Status Chance.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Jaztok said:

Designated Marksmen Rifles are rifles given to soldiers that operate more in combat squads than working solo with their spotter. The rounds are not as powerful as a conventional sniper team which normally uses the .338 lapua round which is a heavy hitter. Instead the DMR uses a lower caliber 7.62 variant or another round which is what the DMRs in this game basically are.

i mean, that depends on what Country. for US units your choices are basically 7.62x51, .300, or .50 BMG.
we don't really use .338. it's a great round though it's pretty expensive.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

my suggestion if anything was for zooming in to give Veldt 100% Status Chance.

i mean, that depends on what Country. for US units your choices are basically 7.62x51, .300, or .50 BMG.
we don't really use .338. it's a great round though it's pretty expensive.

Interesting, I was always told that the .338 was used a lot because it's just as effective as the .50 BMG without the downsides of having to carry all the heavy .50 BMG rounds with you. I guess I was wrong there with that one. I did know that the .300 Win mag was used a lot, but not the .338.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Jaztok said:

Interesting, I was always told that the .338 was used a lot because it's just as effective as the .50 BMG without the downsides of having to carry all the heavy .50 BMG rounds with you. I guess I was wrong there with that one. I did know that the .300 Win mag was used a lot, but not the .338.

it's a great round, but having to 'carry' both .338 and .50 for long range purposes is twice as much Equipment and the one that is functionally a light cannon can perform double duty, hehe.

Personally I think the veldt would be much better if the crit chance was 35-40 at base, even if the damage was decreased to keep the DPS the same. This video shows the biggest issue with the Veldt, inconsistency.

When I shoot a level 50 butcher with a semi auto rifle and it doesn't die, that is a huge problem. When a zero forma MR 2 weapon (Vectis) vastly outperforms an MR 8 weapon with a forma'd out build, there is a big problem, so my suggestion to keep the DPS the same might not even be necessary. The other DMRs should either get more crit chance or more status, in order to differentiate them, as every DMR having perfect crit wouldn't be good. Every DMR should be either a status beast or crit beast bar vanilla latron because it's MR 0.