Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx: Redeemed!

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hii! I've always loved Nyx. She was the first Warframe I bought (wallet warriors unite!). While she is by no means a bad Warframe, she has certainly felt the passing of time. Introduction of more and more complex Warframes and mechanics have really showed the primitive kits of the older Warframes. 

My rework suggestions will revolve around some tweaks and synergies between her abilities, while still maintaining her kit.

Disclaimer: Numbers will not be touched upon, only the ideas.

Rework:

Passive: As long as allies are within Affinity range, friendly fire is not possible. Meaning, Radiation procs won't allow you to obliterate your team. In addition, enemies near Nyx are mentally disturbed by her brainwaves, reducing their accuracy.

1. Mind Control: Like any and all allies, an improvement of the AI is due. Make the mind controlled targets more aggressive and aim to stay near Nyx. Furthermore, Mind Control has infinite duration. I know what you're thinking, this sounds terrible on a Defense, Exterminate, Interception (among others) scenario. Here's the catch: the enemy is converted into a permanent ally. Thus, the game won't register them as an enemy and the mission can resume as needed. Mind controlled enemies have vastly increased damage and resistance. Recasting on another or the same enemy will end the ability and kill the affected target.

Mind Freak: Allows Nyx to enslave more enemies to her will. 

2. Psychic Bolts: the ability now attacks the targets psyche. Meaning, it will bypass armor and shielding. However, on non-living enemies, since they have no psyche, the ability will inflict physical damage instead. Psychic Bolts synergize with her other skills: Enemies affected by Chaos are instantly knocked unconscious from a psychological overload and mind controlled allies gain increased damage and haste. Hold for a single, powerful bolt with a larger AoE.

3. Chaos: Enemies will absolutely prioritize attacking other enemies and will only resort to attacking Tenno when no other enemies remain. Nyx gains increased critical damage against enemies affected by Chaos. 

4. Absorb: Absorb no longer deals Magnetic damage upon deactivation. Rather, Absorb deals the damage type it took in the most. That is to say, suppose Absorb takes in 50 Cold and 100 Electric. Upon deactivation, Absorb will deal 150 Electric damage (the other damage types being converted to the one with the highest amount).

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

9 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Mind Control [...] Recasting on another or the same enemy will end the ability and kill the affected target.

I definitely like the permanent conversion (and buffs without needing an Augment),
but an instakill for any generic enemy might be a bit much.

How 'bout this, MC'd enemies that have stored up lethal damage count as dead and drop their loot.
Bam, Defense etc trolling potential nipped in the bud, without turning Nyx into a one-shot monster, heh.

Everything else, I can't say I'd have much of a problem with if implemented.

I guess Chaos receiveing a Crit Damage buff seems a bit weird to me,
when Nyx is a CC Frame and thus Status weapons would be more flavorful, but whatever, I'll take it 😛

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

I definitely like the permanent conversion (and buffs without needing an Augment),
but an instakill for any generic enemy might be a bit much.

How 'bout this, MC'd enemies that have stored up lethal damage count as dead and drop their loot.
Bam, Defense etc trolling potential nipped in the bud, without turning Nyx into a one-shot monster, heh.

Everything else, I can't say I'd have much of a problem with if implemented.

I guess Chaos receiveing a Crit Damage buff seems a bit weird to me,
when Nyx is a CC Frame and thus Status weapons would be more flavorful, but whatever, I'll take it 😛

Thanks for your input!

I agree, the whole insta-kill thing might seem too much... but Covert Lethality Inaros, Ivara, Equinox and Ash exist so I figured it wouldn't really hurt 

You have some really nice ideas here. I am not sure if Chaos needs a buff but the rest sounds really good, especially Psychic Bolts, as this could really fix the problem of this skill.

Am 6.7.2018 um 15:45 schrieb (PS4)LoisGordils:

Passive: As long as allies are within Affinity range, friendly fire is not possible. Meaning, Radiation procs won't allow you to obliterate your team. In addition, enemies near Nyx are mentally disturbed by her brainwaves, reducing their accuracy.

What was your idea for the accuracy reduction range ?

1 minute ago, Naneel said:

You have some really nice ideas here. I am not sure if Chaos needs a buff but the rest sounds really good, especially Psychic Bolts, as this could really fix the problem of this skill.

What was your idea for the accuracy reduction range ?

Nothing game breaking... 15m?