Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Stab At Necro

Volt_Cruelerz

Obviously this thread is just speculation as we know nothing about him other than his appearance.  Even so, this is how I'd like to see him.  I believe this would be a very viable risk/reward frame in which you don't just get instant gratification.  You get rewarded for planning and investing over time.  It would have inherent synergy with other frames and I believe would support teamplay and make the game more enjoyable, not just for those playing it but also for those fighting alongside it.

Name: Legion

Health: 100

Shields: 75

Armor: 20

Energy: 150

Speed: 0.95

Shield Recharge: 22

Sustain [15 energy]

Description: infects the target with nanites that can sustain or reanimate the target upon taking lethal damage.

On Ally Cast: cannot be reduced below 1 health for 5/6/7/8 seconds

On Enemy Cast: if target dies within the next 5/6/7/8 seconds, it is reanimated with full health.  Reanimated enemies have 100% of their health, 50% armor, and they lose 8/6/4/2% of their health per second passively.  They will stay in the same area and attack enemies nearby.  If their distance from Legion exceeds the range of Direct (or 20m if it is not equipped), they will tag along behind the player.

Mods: Duration and Focus reduce the amount of passive health drain

Direct [20 energy]

Description: Commands all reanimated enemies to converge on the target location up to 20/30/40/50m

On Terrain Cast: reanimated units move to the target location and attack nearby enemies

On Ally Cast: reanimated units attack whatever is attacking the ally (can be used on cryopod)

On Enemy Cast: all reanimated units focus fire on the target

Mods: Stretch increases maximum range

Drain [50 energy]

Description: Disintegrates a reanimated unit to distribute its current health among all allies and other reanimations.

Effect: instantly destroys one reanimated enemy and distributes its current health evenly among allies and other reanimations.  If a Drain receiver is already at full health, the other receivers will receive that unit's portion.

Mods: Focus increases the amount of health distributed

Grey Goo [90 energy]

Description: Cause all nanites to eat their hosts and infect others nearby.

Effect: all reanimations are instantly destroyed and enemies within 5/6/7m of a reanimation take a stacking DoT of 100/140/180/240 serrated blade damage per second for 5 seconds.  If they are killed by it, they become reanimated themselves.

Mods: Duration, Focus, and Stretch apply as expected

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

1. reanimate

2. control reanimate

3. absorb reanimate

4 corpse explosion, reanimate more

what i want to say with it is not your ideas are bad

True, but what are you getting at here?

Seems rather boring and lackluster. A good way to make the Necro would be making him into a support like Trinity but with more offense as appose to max healing.

how is it boring or lackluster? It's energy hungry, but I wouldn't call it boring (given how many options you have with things) or lackluster because it has a great deal of potential for damage and utility.

So you don't want undead but you are giving a suggestion for undead-based skills?

yes im completly against it, however you posted a legit skillset

not like many others with the raise dead $hit,

who i want to give a high five....in the face with a chair...

so i post you mine feedback

or do you want that i start to flame your opinon because its not my opinion?

i know thats how the internet mostly work, but im against it

Edited by Depar

Leech [25 Energy]

Links the target with Necro; damage inflicted by Necro upon the target heals him by 1/2/4/8 HP per hit for 5/7/10/15 seconds. The target also has 10/20/30/40% less armor while linked, making it more vulnerable to common damage. At max rank, also causes shields to take 1% damage per second, preventing them from recharging.

Thrall [50 Energy]

Raises a single body back up which follows and attacks Necro's enemies for x seconds. A raised Thrall gains bonus Armor and melee damage based on the Thrall ability level. If used on an ally, should that ally fall from being out of HP while under the effect of Thrall, the ally is raised back up with 10(20)/20(40)/30(60)/40(80)% Health(Shield). Only one "Thrall" effect can be in use at once.

Decrepit [75 Energy]

Sends a shockwave in front of Necro which reduces the armor of enemies caught in it by X% for Y seconds, based on Decrepit's rank. Also causes a short stun on hit.

Nightmare [100 Energy]

Raises dead bodies in the area of effect; raised bodies attacks Necro's enemies and attempt to detonate in the manner that Infested do when near death. Ranks affects raised bodies Health, Armor and melee damage as well as detonation damage. Might cause enemies to freak out at the moment of raising but only once (should they survive the initial Nightmare)

Edited by Wiegraf

go create you own thread

Apparently, this thread here is on the topic of how people expect Necro to come out; Volt offered his ideas in a well developped manner. I did too.

If you're against 'reanimation' ideas, then you're entitled to voice it (and you did) but I don't see the need to create another thread about Necro when this one here is exactly about that.

Apparently, this thread here is on the topic of how people expect Necro to come out; Volt offered his ideas in a well developped manner. I did too.

wrong, this thread is about how OP see it, not you

If you're against 'reanimation' ideas, then you're entitled to voice it (and you did) but I don't see the need to create another thread about Necro when this one here is exactly about that.

yes, i'm against it, even with the explaining using nanobots

the point about creating you own thread is, now you "leeching" attention away from OP version

and honestly thats not better than throwing his idea from the table, b1tchslaping him,

and set you version at the place

talkin about manners

Edited by Depar

Neither is it good etiquette to start 10 threads about the same subject, which just causes the main pages to be filled with the same (or similar) titles when there are already threads open about the subject which would make sense to add to it to avoid spam.

Nevertheless, that's your view on the matter. Just noting however that only 2 of the 4 abilities I suggested deal with reanimation; the other 2 are about debuffs so my guess is that you didn't bother reading through in favor for a quick reply.

[case closed]

Hmm...

Bone armour [25 energy]

Necro utilizes his abilities to turn bodies of the foes into a makeshift armour. While ability is active, armour health stacks up from three to nine times, depending on how many foes die in the ability range, the armour remaining on until it's done for. Using Focus improves the 'armour' value, that is used on this armours' defence.

Rise [25 energy]

Rises up to three dead bodies to fight on necros' side. The amount of undead is not limited, but going above 6 lowers new thralls' health.

Mass curse [75 energy]

Necro launches a projectile, that contaginates an area with nanites, who in turn lower the armour and accuracy of the targets, up to 50 %, along with a chance for their weapon to explode, dealing massive damage.

No time to die [100 energy]

Necro affects whole team, making them unable to be downed for the duration of the ability, while still taking damage. 

Necro could be something like affliction Warlock from WoW ( for you that know what he does ), damage over time and debuffing.

Yeah, it could be; we do have a few 'effects' right now but no real 'debuffs' other than a select few frames which abilities tend to put on a debuff but also to die too quickly for the debuffs to be worthwhile.

Maybe Necro's abilities could be auras that afflicts a continuous effect on enemies that are inside his AoE or a sort of burst that affects those within range when it's used?

Necro could be something like affliction Warlock from WoW ( for you that know what he does ), damage over time and debuffing.

Yeah, it could be; we do have a few 'effects' right now but no real 'debuffs' other than a select few frames which abilities tend to put on a debuff but also to die too quickly for the debuffs to be worthwhile.

Maybe Necro's abilities could be auras that afflicts a continuous effect on enemies that are inside his AoE or a sort of burst that affects those within range when it's used?

i quite like the idea of the dotlock from wow

i created my version of the necro a bit around it

debuffs and dot dmg

also it appears someone deleted my latest post

/edit

yea it seems it got deleted

~ snip ~

1. op as hek, we talkin about over 2k if we take the lowest health of all warframes to calculate that(focus not inklusive)

2. uncreative reanimte . . again

3. radial disarm to throw with dmg

4. a worse blessing from trin

also

go create you own thread

Edited by Depar

i quite like the idea of the dotlock from wow

i created my version of the necro a bit around it

debuffs and dot dmg

also it appears someone deleted my latest post

/edit

yea it seems it got deleted

1. op as hek, we talkin about over 2k if we take the lowest health of all warframes to calculate that(focus not inklusive)

2. uncreative reanimte . . again

3. radial disarm to throw with dmg

4. a worse blessing from trin

also

What do people have against one centralized thread on Necros abilities? It's as if being handy was a personal offence or something.

More to the point...

1 - not all that OP really, 2k damage is not that much.

2 - it's a Necro frame. What's the point if it won't have hordes of fps-dropping undead following it?

3 - Mostly a debuff. Radial disarm does nothing to increace the damage.

4 - Could be a BETTER blessing if combined with small enough cast time. Hard to save people with Blessing when the level gets high enough.

I personally have never been a fan of "part your ideas here threads." That just seems presumptuous and doesn't necessarily allow for sufficient discussion on it.

I'm also generally not a fan of people posting their ideas in someone else's idea thread unless they are doing a compare/contrast thing where they are trying to discuss the differences between alternatives and the pros and cons of each.

So for those that have posted their ideas here, what advantages do your ideas have over mine that make them good alternatives?

Also, Depar, why are you opposed to zombie mechanics? Too overdone? You don't enjoy playing those roles? What?

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I personally have never been a fan of "part your ideas here threads." That just seems presumptuous and doesn't necessarily allow for sufficient discussion on it.

I'm also generally not a fan of people posting their ideas in someone else's idea thread unless they are doing a compare/contrast thing where they are trying to discuss the differences between alternatives and the pros and cons of each.

So for those that have posted their ideas here, what advantages do your ideas have over mine that make them good alternatives?

Also, Depar, why are you opposed to zombie mechanics? Too overdone? You don't enjoy playing those roles? What?

its boring, and we already have nyx who accomplish the point turning enemys to friends

What do people have against one centralized thread on Necros abilities? It's as if being handy was a personal offence or something.

More to the point...

1 - not all that OP really, 2k damage is not that much.

2 - it's a Necro frame. What's the point if it won't have hordes of fps-dropping undead following it?

3 - Mostly a debuff. Radial disarm does nothing to increace the damage.

4 - Could be a BETTER blessing if combined with small enough cast time. Hard to save people with Blessing when the level gets high enough.

their are collecting threads for necro in WF Feedback,Generel discussion and fan concept

1. no its not that op, if you think that iron skin gives you 1200 on max rank and 1560 with max focus

2. you say it its necro, not necromancer

3. it dosnt increase the dmg, it just do dmg, dont you have you own skillset in mind, lol?

4. dont change the point its a copy from blessing

calculation for 1 lowest base health of all the frames 225

2025 normal 2632,5 with focus, yea not op

Edited by Depar

its boring, and we already have nyx who accomplish the point turning enemys to friends

their are collecting threads for necro in WF Feedback,Generel discussion and fan concept

1. no its not that op, if you think that iron skin gives you 1200 on max rank and 1560 with max focus

3. it dosnt increase the dmg, it just do dmg, dont you have you own skillset in mind, lol?

1. Yup. ~ 2k for a frame that has way less health and armour.

2. Well, we're not going for -phile, and I'm not going to play a frame that just lies there. And even less do I want a poser goth frame. Pet frame would at least be fresh.

3. Well, and curse would amplify damage, much like MP does now. Mix of disarm and MP, u mad? But seriously, that would be far from first "that other ability, but with a twist".

4. And rhino charge is a copy from slashdash. And it works differently. THE HORROR.

Okay, sorry... I just seen this thread and it sparked in my head "post your ideas here". I like one-thread things more because they at least gather everything in one place, since it would seem I'm missing a plenty of "my Necro ideas" threads.  

More to the point, I like your ideas of an undead manipulator frame, but it would make the frame somewhat onesided. Personally I would fuse the second and third abilities into one "command" ability, that would do different things based on wether or not it's aimed on floor (go there), enemy (shoot at him), ally (bunch around), or a reanimate (explode and contaminate stuff around), and use up the third and forth to do something else, that would give the frame some choice in the matter. 

Edited by GTG3000

I can see the Nyx overlap and I tried to avoid that as much as possible in the OP.  The version you see is after several mental revisions of the idea ever since the art was shown on the livestream.  I was hoping that due to mechanical differences it would be sufficiently different from Mind Control/Chaos.

As for boring, why?  Do you find Nyx gameplay boring as well then?

Okay, sorry... I just seen this thread and it sparked in my head "post your ideas here". I like one-thread things more because they at least gather everything in one place, since it would seem I'm missing a plenty of "my Necro ideas" threads.  

More to the point, I like your ideas of an undead manipulator frame, but it would make the frame somewhat onesided. Personally I would fuse the second and third abilities into one "command" ability, that would do different things based on wether or not it's aimed on floor (go there), enemy (shoot at him), ally (bunch around), or a reanimate (explode and contaminate stuff around), and use up the third and forth to do something else, that would give the frame some choice in the matter. 

I know.  It's just that I've seen all too many good ideas generated in those threads get glossed over because unless you're really into that subject, you aren't going to read everything from page 1 to page 8 that those things tend to grow to.

I can see the desire to merge into the directive ability, but I'd rather merge Drain into Direct than Grey Goo which seems like something that shouldn't just be a single target.  Sacrifice your entire "army" to attempt to create a new one.  If Drain were to go into Direct, what would you suggest for a new 3?