Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Syndicate Mods

ZecoraTE

Question

I'm using the Vaykor Hek and while my Hek riven works, the Hek syndicate "Scattering Justice" doesn't work on it. Is this because of it already being a syndicate weapon? This really confuses me considering the mod in question is the only one that looks like it'd match the weapon, and it's being offered by the syndicate. No other syndicate has a specific mod weapon and a special version of the same weapon except Red Veil. I'm not sure if it works with the red veil either but i'm just a tad confused. 

5 answers to this question

The syndicate mods and syndicate weapon relationship is weird, just know for now that the Scattering justice mod can only be used on the normal hek, hence why people are argueing if you should use normal hek with the mod or syndicate vaykor hek.

Vaykor Hek was introduced at a point in time where if it accepted Scattering Justice, the result would be completely meta-breaking.  Rakta Dark Dagger does accept it's augment, though its use is highly situational by any standard.

The syndicate mods primary reason for being used (by the players) is to put the syndicate proc on them; the stat boost it provides it just gravy at that point.

I toyed with the scattering justice on my Hek at first, but once I got my Vaykor Hek, I turned in my old Hek and stuck with the syndicate weapon. Same goes for all weapons that have a syndicate/vandal/wraith/prisma version. There's little reason to keep a weapon that's slightly superior in one respect to another that is superior in all others when there are several other weapons that better fill the niche of the vanilla with the syndicate mod.

Just my opinion and take on things which suits me, as with all things, take the time to find what works for you and make your own mind up on how you want to do things.

Thing is I hear a lot about the fire rate, crit, and mag size of the vaykor heck, making it superior as a crit damage weapon, which could mean it's better than regular hek, and it could be I'm not entirely sure but...

Multishot has two functions, one is damage, which means the regular hek has more strict damage than vaykor, ignoring the crits, but the other effect is higher status. Thing is both versions of the hek have higher status chance than crit chance. Is the vaykor hek that much better than hek, or is a regular hek with 320 Multishot, meaning over 70 percent status chance better as a pure status weapon. 

Seems like they are mostly even, one is heavily crit based and the other is heavily status based.