Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading needs to accommodate entire sets

motorfirebox

I just bought an Akbolto Prime set off a guy, and it was a little dicey because we had to trade the second barrel in a separate trade session—he couldn't fit all six parts into one trade. Luckily, the guy I traded with turned out to be honest, so I did in fact get the second barrel. But I'm sure we can all imagine situations where the seller isn't so honest.

The trade window already puts up a checklist when you put up a weapon or frame part. Why not have it automatically add enough trade slots to accommodate all the associated parts?

This is a good idea and an issue that's arisen before. Weapons like the AkStilleto and the AkBolto require six parts to trade as well. I also have some concerns when they get around to Equinox Prime. Equinox requires eight parts and if they model Equinox Prime after Equinox's building requirements many a scammer will rejoice. Hopefully they'll increase trading slots to six or eight. 

We got the number of slots per trade increased from 4 to 5 before because of stuff like Paris Prime needing 5 items, then DE introduced stuff that needs 6 so it seems fair and logical to add another slot now.

If they want to do something more complicated they could allow us as many slots as we want but charge extra trades for every 5 used.  Then you could sell multiple weapons/frames at the same time without having to go into the trade UI again or sell 10 Relics at once with it taking off 2 trades.

I've sold 2 Akbolto sets recently and as a honest person I knew full well that I was going to give them all the parts. I messaged them before the trade began to let them know that it would take 2 trades and to just give me Ammo Drum or some other common mod in the second trade. It worked both times because for whatever reason they trusted me and gave me the full asking plat in the first trade both times. However I would never buy a six part item from someone. I am glad those people trusted me but, I trust no one.