Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Ticket to go to TennoCon Relay ?

Cosmic_Elf

Question

I just got a message from Baro, that he would be going to a Tennocon relay on Earth. I thought finally DE would be fair to include all players to attend a relay where they could watch the Tenno-con on the realy on virtual screens , that would awesome... chat and watch large screens of Tenno Con on relay..

, could not access it, so enquired about it in the chat... and got the disappointing message... that you had to have tickets and they are sold out... 

:sadcry:

That sux... closed game... posted this thread and going to sit with my cat in the garden.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf
speling

5 minutes ago, Cosmic_Elf said:

But cant get ticket because they are supposdly sold out ... so DE has lost some pocket money from me today..

You need a digital ticket, not a actual ticket. Your looking at the wrong thing.

Just now, (PS4)Visegrip117 said:

Yeah that’s what I’ve read today. I guess I don’t keep up with events. I just hop on from time to time with friends, but I do try to regulary attend when baro arrives.

Last year they sold the same thing (only different item) but back then only credit card was available as payment option.
Thanks to several players contacting DE left and right we had more payment options this year, Including Paypal.

Hope this informs you for next year.

4 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

Last year they sold the same thing (only different item) but back then only credit card was available as payment option.
Thanks to several players contacting DE left and right we had more payment options this year, Including Paypal.

Hope this informs you for next year.

Glad to see they made more available payment options this year. Thank you to those who contacted DE. And I’m not blaming DE, they gave ample amount of time. Just wish I had known about this before the deadline. 

Sending a message to our inbox may have been a better suggestion. I rarely check the news feed or even come to the forums. I do play fairly regular, guess I’m just not involved enough in the community.

Sending no message to our inbox about this ticket over the last few months, and then sending a message today to the inbox of people who don't have the ticket (and even having it appear in the alerts) is like a slap in the face from Digital Extremes.

Edited by (XB1)DakVoidcloaker

56 minutes ago, Celthric317 said:

The ticket was availble for multiple months, and DE advertised a hundred times for it. 

Exactly where was it advertised? Because I got no inbox message about it. Nor a Market ad for it.

Or what, am I supposed to follow everything concerning a game, have Twitch and Tweeter accounts, outside of the game, in order to access an exclusive place inside of the game, now?

4 minutes ago, Sangiros said:

Exactly where was it advertised? Because I got no inbox message about it. Nor a Market ad for it.

Or what, am I supposed to follow everything concerning a game, have Twitch and Tweeter accounts, outside of the game, in order to access an exclusive place inside of the game, now?

Same here. I don’t check the news feed reguraly or the website, nor these forums. However every time I log in, any new messages in my inbox pop up....

The digital pack was in the market till the 3rd july. You have a little window for news on your orbiteur. They have put on the front page of the site a few time the news for the digital pack. If you have the warframe app for alert that is there too.

You can blam DE for the choices of there communication. You can pretend you don't go on the site web for the game you appreciate the most. Every developpers do this.

Edited by (XB1)WorldSkink76

16 minutes ago, (XB1)WorldSkink76 said:

You can blam DE for the choices of there communication. You can pretend you don't go on the site web for the game you appreciate the most. Every developpers do this.

I think you mean "can't"

1 hour ago, Sangiros said:

on the forum and main page of www.warframe.com
Also ingame there was an announcement on the news display in your ship
00MVSZl.png

If non-ticket holders are getting inbox notifications and alerts, they should be able to buy a "Baro Pass". 

If the Baro Pass is sold out (whatever the fugg that means...), then those that don't have a ticket shouldn't be getting notifications. 

One or the other. 

• Like 1

They could've called it something besides "TennoCon Digital Pack". I didn't realize there'd be more to TennoCon than a convention.

If it had been advertised as a "Baro Ticket" I woulda been all over it in a heartbeat.

I was also really disappointed in this. I play a couple of times a week with friends, but am not heavy into the community or following the game outside of playing it. Posting it in forums and only on the game webpage is like they are trying to intentionally hide it from all but the hard core fans. Putting it in the news display of the ship is no better, as that is routinely full of crap that is just selling whatever product they're pushing that week. Calling it a Tennocon Pack just makes it sound like a normal item pack and in no way highlights that this is required. Even in the screenshot someone posted earlier you can see the rest of the newsfeed is full of "buy stuff" spam.

Looking around today, when I was trying to find out why I couldn't access it, there seems to have been the same problem last year (before I played), so you would think they would have learned. Considering that they have mail, alerts and even the in game store, where they could easily have put up information or even a reminder to say "hey, if you want to visit Baro when he's here for Tennocon, don't forget to buy your pack!", it's just disappointing. They could have done the same thing they did today and have an inbox alert from Baro saying "hey, I'll be there soon, get your pack!"

One of my friends told me about the event, but didn't realise you needed the pass either, so I've been saving up my ducats and now I just feel sad about it. Initially this morning I was really ticked off, but now I just feel over it, so I think I'll take a Warframe break for a while.

Just now, AtlantiaSP said:

I was also really disappointed in this. I play a couple of times a week with friends, but am not heavy into the community or following the game outside of playing it. Posting it in forums and only on the game webpage is like they are trying to intentionally hide it from all but the hard core fans. Putting it in the news display of the ship is no better, as that is routinely full of crap that is just selling whatever product they're pushing that week.

Only the "hardcore" visit the webpage? What are you talking about? And in that image clip up there, there is the countdown notifying you of the Tennocon digital pass, and the only other thing shown is a message telling you that they are giving away Trinity Prime, a syandana and a free slot!

If you people can't be bothered to look around you and have the slightest bit of curiosity, then don't blame everyone else when you miss out. 

54 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

Only the "hardcore" visit the webpage? What are you talking about? And in that image clip up there, there is the countdown notifying you of the Tennocon digital pass, and the only other thing shown is a message telling you that they are giving away Trinity Prime, a syandana and a free slot!

If you people can't be bothered to look around you and have the slightest bit of curiosity, then don't blame everyone else when you miss out. 

My point isn't that you can't find the information, the point is about how easy that information is to find. They have multiple ways of getting information to players, actively and passively, and in this case they chose to only make use of the passive methods of communication, relying on players looking for it. You say that they're advertising a free Prime, but nowhere does it say that in those alerts you're mentioning. That may be what you actually get (if you have twitch prime), but it doesn't mention getting anything for free, and in fact I would argue that the choice of wording is closer to "buy something, get something free" not "get a free prime". In the same way, the "tennocon digital pack" doesn't provide any information that would necessarily make you want to look at it as anything other than a normal "get some stuff for cheaper by buying this pack that groups a bunch of items together". That feed is routinely full of simply the equivalent of advertisements, so unless you routinely want to buy everything that is released, there would be no reason to click on every single notice.

And yes, I don't believe many people do visit a game's webpage with any degree of frequency. I played WoW for years, but could probably count on 1 hand the number of times I've actually gone to the webpage or read a forum post. I'm not saying people don't or can't go to the website, but most people don't live their games, they just play them, and expect that any game critical information would be passed on to them in the game. The equivalent would be if facebook changed the terms of use and then posted about it on twitter. Sure, some people are going to see them by browsing through facebook's T&C, and some will see the tweet, but most people would be expecting to see it made clear within the actual medium, considering that the capacity exists to simply and easily add a message to every person's newsfeed saying "hey, we've updated our terms, see them here".

That's the same argument that every company uses anytime people get upset "well, it's in our T&Cs, it's your fault for not reading them".

I don't disagree that ultimately it is my own fault, as the information was available, but I am disappointed that they chose not to make that more obvious to people who are only casual players of the game.

Blame yourselfs for not buying it in the 3 month period. This always happens with every limited time thing "oh i blame DE or X developer for not letting me buy this anymore!!! also im entitled and spoiled!!!"

Edited by Aleksi134