Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No access to Barokiteer

Chirpy

This is a special Baro specifically for Tennocon, where everything he's ever brought is for sale. Normal Baro will pop up next week. It's an incentive to buy a Tennocon ticket. This is a once a year occurrence

4 minutes ago, Chirpy said:

It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth after spending my RL money on prime access instead of a digital tennocon ticket because normal gameplay I was preparing for was going to be paywalled this week.

Well, enjoy your bad taste. If you're trying to put any fault on DE you're going to have a bad time here with the community. You had three months.

1 minute ago, WhiteCr0w said:

Well, enjoy your bad taste. If you're trying to put any fault on DE you're going to have a bad time here with the community. You had three months.

Maybe read the post before snarking. I said I had only been playing again for a about a week. Anyway, it's fine I thought this week was his normal occurance and it was replaced by this special event. If it was his week off instead I understand, there's no problem.

Just now, (PS4)Visegrip117 said:

Doesn’t help that this special baro has lots and lots of stuff to sell. And unless you spend $ you can’t access it. I’m not even too bothered by that, truthfully I would have bought the ticket, if I had known about it. 

Exactly! I tried to buy it today, but for some reason their.....digital ticket sold out. I guess we just have to enable email alerts and pay more attention going forward...

3 minutes ago, Chirpy said:

Exactly! I tried to buy it today, but for some reason their.....digital ticket sold out. I guess we just have to enable email alerts and pay more attention going forward...

Same here. 

Seems like a message to our inbox when we logged in game would have been much more successful at informing players. I rarely go to news feed or these forums.

Just now, (PS4)Visegrip117 said:

Same here. 

Seems like a message to our inbox when we logged in game would have been much more successful at informing players. I rarely go to news feed or these forums.

I like that plan ALOT more. I agree, I don't like my mailbox to be cluttered with a bunch of offers and stuffs so I keep it clean, if they had sent a message in game maybe letting us know about the last day the purchase was available, and what it included I would be less frustrated.

10 minutes ago, Chirpy said:

I like that plan ALOT more. I agree, I don't like my mailbox to be cluttered with a bunch of offers and stuffs so I keep it clean, if they had sent a message in game maybe letting us know about the last day the purchase was available, and what it included I would be less frustrated.

I’m not a developer, but it seems that would have been a simple thing to implement and would have covered all bases. As well as eliminating all the threads of people asking about it and disappointing certain memeber of the community.

1 minute ago, Rydian said:

00MVSZl.png

Info was in the news feed to the right of navigation for 90 days.

So I’ve read, however I’m not a “community activist”. I don’t visit the forums regular or follow twitters or check the news feed. And apparently I’m not the only one. Which is why if they had to add it to the news feed, they should have added it as a message to everyone’s inbox saying something like it’s the last week to purchase the ticket and then say what ticket gets you. It’s not like I’m asking them to overhaul the UI

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Visegrip117 said:

So I’ve read, however I’m not a “community activist”. I don’t visit the forums regular or follow twitters or check the news feed. And apparently I’m not the only one. Which is why if they had to add it to the news feed, they should have added it as a message to everyone’s inbox saying something like it’s the last week to purchase the ticket and then say what ticket gets you. It’s not like I’m asking them to overhaul the UI

I think that people who don't care about things like that might be annoyed by getting an inbox message for every news feed in that case.

Since, if people miss news because they don't check manually, all the news would be inbox messages...

From what I’ve read it’s a once a year event. Or maybe two years. And it’s Baro bringing EVERYTHING he’s ever sold.

Thats quite a drastic difference from “things like that” which would be more along the lines of the twitch prime news, or the new skins or bundles that come out every month or so.

Hence the people complaining about missing out on the ticket, and no one complaining about the other stuff in the news feed they missed. 

For clarification I was refering to a message in our in box about this rare event, not for every new news feed item that pops up. Sorry if I wasn’t clear about that originally.

Edited by (PS4)Visegrip117
Clarification

The problem with picking and choosing what is important or not is that it will vary from person to person.

- If you deem contest results as unimportant, people who took part in the contest and want to know if they won or not would disagree.

- There's people who are opposed to a Baro visit only for paying players, and would not like to hear about it if they won't take part.

etc.

Ok with that logic.

if you can’t send me a message about a Baro event because some people are opposed to it, or some deem it not important.

The why the heck did you send me a notification to my inbox telling me that a Baro I CAN NOT ACCESS is here? Also if they can send a message every other week telling me regular old Baro is here, why didn’t they send a message saying A rare event Baro is coming 

kinda make the point you’re trying to make null and void. Besides  it’s  a tennocon event and from what I read it’s one of the biggest things in the active warframe community.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Visegrip117 said:

The why the heck did you send me a notification to my inbox telling me that a Baro I CAN NOT ACCESS is here?

It's an automated message that happens every time he shows up.

I agree they probably should have made it not show up or changed who it was sent to before the system sent it out.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Visegrip117 said:

Also if they can send a message every other week telling me regular old Baro is here, why didn’t they send a message saying A rare event Baro is coming  

We just went over that.  The news was posted ~95 days beforehand and was available for 90 days.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Visegrip117 said:

kinda make the point you’re trying to make null and void.

My point is the info was available and you didn't pay attention to it.

Both are facts.

If you want to be up to date on what's going on, check the "news" panel in game, that's why it's there.

So you agree they should have made a special message and changed who baros arrival was sent to, but you won’t agree that his coming should have been sent in a message? That makes no sense at all.

Look I’m not raising chaos about this, I’m not complaining it cost too much or putting down on DE. I’m just disappointed that I missed out. 

And judging by all the threads popping up I ain’t the only one who doesn’t check the (mostly irrelevant to me) news feed. So I’m not sure why you’re defending this so hard. It’s just an opinion of mine. Again, automated or not, I got a message saying special Baro is here. They should have sent a message saying he was coming .

agree or disagree that’s fine. But don’t try to convince me that sending out a message ahead of time wouldn’t have been a better idea and also solved all these problems of people complaining.

Edited by (PS4)Visegrip117

2 hours ago, (PS4)Visegrip117 said:

So you agree they should have made a special message and changed who baros arrival was sent to

Yes, because he sends a message each time.

but you won’t agree that his coming should have been sent in a message?

I don't agree that there should be an inbox message for existing news articles, that'd be spammy and annoying and they're already visible in everybody's ship.

But don’t try to convince me that sending out a message ahead of time wouldn’t have been a better idea

Do you actually want an inbox message for every news article?

4 hours ago, Chirpy said:

Okay, that's not as bad then. I thought this was replacing his normal cycle.

DE just messed up a bit by sending the announcement of his arrival to everyone, rather than only those qualified to do so, slight oversight there which caused a lot of the usual spam of confusion in chat.

It's sad seeing ingame chat just as spammy as the official warframe twitch chat, theres actually no chat involved, its just heaps and heaps of unreadable spam ingame and out.