The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great TennoCon 2018 Ash Prime Drop Fix!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, Vangeroth said:

Even though I've already stated to many others, I'll keep doing so because DE obviously won't and their failing to actually say something is even worse.

You won't get the Frame. They said into today's stream if you haven't gotten it you won't at this point. They laughed insensitively after their statement on it.

Oh ok, thank for telling me.

15 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Spamming support gets you banned already. If the person that proposed it does it, they will get banned. Simple.

The script has been run. If you were eligible you should have got it.

• Twitch account linked to WF account.
  • Logged into the game using said WF account in the seven days prior to TennoCon.

You've got some of your fact wrong there.

On 2018-07-09 at 7:19 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one! 

Prior to them posting the initial post. Not prior to TennoCon. So within the 7 days prior to yesterday (when they started this thread)

Edited by Vangeroth

7 minutes ago, Kirogu said:

Does mobile app count? I’ve been on vacation this past week but was there for the stream.

From what I've seen no, it does not. I've seen other people asking that as well and saying they didn't get Ash Prime.

Another strong example that DE were incredibly unclear about this whole thing.

48 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The script has been run. If you were eligible you should have got it.

• Twitch account linked to WF account.
  • Logged into the game using said WF account in the seven days prior to TennoCon. the OP in this thread.

Except the second one of those has nothing to do with eligibility for the much-advertised free Ash Prime, which was: "Watch the stream at twitch.tv/warframe for 30 consecutive minutes with your Twitch and Warframe accounts linked and you’ll get a free Ash Prime!" 

Their fix to not being able to know who met those eligibility requirements is both over and under inclusive, the latter of which is producing all this salt. Giving it to anyone who logged in during a 7 day period before the OP caught some who didn't watch the stream, while ignoring anyone who did exactly what DE told them to do but hasn't logged in.

Why they haven't simply said 'Sorry, we're running another script to give a free Ash Prime to anyone who has a Twitch account linked!' (which would be over but NOT under inclusive aside from maybe those who have since unlinked their accounts) is totally beyond me. Either they can't use that metric in a script, or someone's not thinking clearly. Obviously giving out a few unearned free Ash Primes is NBD...the script they just ran did that.

Edited by 0Augustus0

34 minutes ago, 0Augustus0 said:

Except the second one of those has nothing to do with eligibility for the much-advertised free Ash Prime, which was: "Watch the stream at twitch.tv/warframe for 30 consecutive minutes with your Twitch and Warframe accounts linked and you’ll get a free Ash Prime!" 

Their fix to not being able to know who met those eligibility requirements is both over and under inclusive, the latter of which is producing all this salt. Giving it to anyone who logged in during a 7 day period before the OP caught some who didn't watch the stream, while ignoring anyone who did exactly what DE told them to do but hasn't logged in.

Why they haven't simply said 'Sorry, we're running another script to give a free Ash Prime to anyone who has a Twitch account linked!' (which would be over but NOT under inclusive aside from maybe those who have since unlinked their accounts) is totally beyond me. Either they can't use that metric in a script, or someone's not thinking clearly. Obviously giving out a few unearned free Ash Primes is NBD...the script they just ran did that.

I am actually starting to believe that script (it's a really dumb bot, let's face it people) they made was actually totally a bogus excuse and instead they in-fact cherry picked people who thought deserved the Ash Prime frame. I mean it would actually explain EVERYTHING that's happened. How people who didn't do either of the things (watch the stream or logged in) would be saying they go it. Or how people who did both (or one of the things) are getting the frame. Or how some people who watched the stream but didn't login got it while others did not.

Let's face it everyone. We all got dupped by DE. Someone earlier said the money doesn't matter in this event, and thinking about it you are probably right. How much of a fanboy and or supporter of Warframe is. So if you LOVE the game, you were the ones who got the frame. I bet they used Gametime to a extent in determining who gets a frame and who doesn't.

The whole thing was still a sham in the end. And so many people fell for it sadly.

2 minutes ago, OneTenAnarchy said:

Question, Will I still get the Ash Prime if I have already linked my Warframe Account with my Twitch from the Trinity Prime (Which I have not gotten yet). Also, Are you guys going to bring back the Frost Prime. 

P.S.- Love this game too much, lol

If you don't already have it, you will never get it.

1 minute ago, Vangeroth said:

I am actually starting to believe that script (it's a really dumb bot, let's face it people) they made was actually totally a bogus excuse and instead they in-fact cherry picked people who thought deserved the Ash Prime frame. I mean it would actually explain EVERYTHING that's happened. How people who didn't do either of the things (watch the stream or logged in) would be saying they go it. Or how people who did both (or one of the things) are getting the frame. Or how some people who watched the stream but didn't login got it while others did not.

Let's face it everyone. We all got dupped by DE. Someone earlier said the money doesn't matter in this event, and thinking about it you are probably right. How much of a fanboy and or supporter of Warframe is. So if you LOVE the game, you were the ones who got the frame. I bet they used Gametime to a extent in determining who gets a frame and who doesn't.

The whole thing was still a sham in the end. And so many people fell for it sadly.

That...doesn't really make much sense to me. I see there being a better way to have handled this (i.e., give it to anyone with a linked Twitch account, period) that still gives out extra freebies but misses few to no people who met the stated requirements...but what you're suggesting (manually selecting deserving accounts) is a LOT of work on DE's part for not a whole lot of benefit.

Hopefully they back off the apparent 'this is over and will not be discussed or reconsidered' stance others have said they're getting in response to support tickets, but I'm not seeing the deliberate duping angle here. Then again, my Ash Prime showed up yesterday, so my interest here is pretty academic.

55 minutes ago, 0Augustus0 said:

Servers crashed, drop failed etc. That promotion was not able to go ahead. DE came up with an alternative promotion to compensate for that. (See the ToS of most promotions run by anyone, "At our sole discretion, we can cancel or change the terms on the promotion at any time".)

The current result is that the people that regularly login and have twitch linked get it. The idea of just giving it to everyone with a linked twitch may not be possible (there must be a reason DE did not do this, right?). Yes, DE could have handled this whole thing better. And really, they should have learnt from previous Twitch promotions that they do not work correctly the first time... I do not believe a single one has worked perfectly the first time (bar the Free displays in PT).

I got the Ash Prime when I logged in yesterday, so I have no complaints.

Edited by krc473

13 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Servers crashed, drop failed etc. That promotion was not able to go ahead. DE came up with an alternative promotion to compensate for that. (See the ToS of most promotions run by anyone, "At our sole discretion, we can cancel or change the terms on the promotion at any time".)

You realize that is just a disclaimer.  It does not mean their customers should be content with bait and switch promotions.  That is the issue here.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎09 at 6:19 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What happens if you have almost half-a-million people watching TennoLive and many of them expecting a Twitch Drop?

Well, the answer is kind of complicated, but you've waited long enough for some closure so please read this quick post for the dirty details:

a) We had many more people watching than anticipated and our servers could not keep up with the data coming from Twitch.
b) Since we cannot turn back time, we have no way of knowing who was actually watching.
c) We have a very generous solution in spite of b).

Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one! 

We will let you know when the script is finished, should be some time this week!

Thank you. 

Edit:

Script is in progress and should be done within 2-6 hours on all platforms!

SCRIPT IS DONE!