Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A fishing room in Relays

Leo.doodling

This is just a random thought from two separate areas. First off I always thought Relays looked big from the outside but felt rather simple on the inside.

Second thought was back when fishing was added, it made me think back to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I remember when that game was first released people would talk about fishing like it was the best thing and how they would spend so much time in the fishing pond. I wasn't really into that myself but still remember everyones excitement.

So maybe just add a small elevator to the side that leads down to a meditative fishing pond. The fish could be just smaller things you find in Cetus but now you can fish without the Grineer attacking or the Lotus asking you to go on missions.

If I'm not mistaken DE is reworking the relays, although in the long term. With each passing year we see how much they can accomplish so who really knows?

And now... What if, just what if... The freaking new relays are done but they aren't implemented because we don't let the Razorback Armada and the Balor Fomorian destroy the relays?! 

(Joke, for the less bright) 

Makes no sense add fishing to the Relays as the number of fish would be limited, the relays cant support a self sustaining ecosystem to replenish what is caught.

Unless the Fishing in Relays was some kind of Mini-Game that added to a Scoreboard as you catch a number of holographic fishes within a limited time.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

28 minutes ago, QuatroLeo said:

now you can fish without the Grineer attacking

This is by design. Any sort of fishing without any kind of danger or annoyance would be purely for decorative things. There's no way you fish for rep granting items without the danger.

26 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Makes no sense add fishing to the Relays as the number of fish would be limited, the relays cant support a self sustaining ecosystem to replenish what is caught.

Unless the Fishing in Relays was some kind of Mini-Game that added to a Scoreboard as you catch a number of holographic fishes within a limited time.

Oh yeah it wouldn't count towards Cetus standings or anything. More like a mini-game area.

I just like it when MMOs have some fluff to them, some things to flesh out the world. I can't really see them adding this, just a thought I had in the wee morning hours for a bit more liveliness to the world.

Honestly... fishing is /supposed/ to be pretty relaxing. I think it would be awesome for a common area (where you could interact with people) to relax and fish. Not to dredge up too much nostalgia... but fishing in World of Warcraft Stormwind was awesome.