Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban rework?

LAWD

So we saw Vauban's new deluxe skin, and its tradition to receive an uplift/rework to his abilities as well.

What I do hope is to give him more survivability either buffing his armor and/or health, OR give him an ability which will compensate for that.

His Minelayer could receive some love as well, maybe in the future an augment that makes it more usable. His Bastille and Vortex are the most used abilities in his arsenal -

we can have synergy between those 2 abilities, whereby placing a Vortex inside Bastille will double Vortex range and even pull more enemies towards the outer ring of the Bastille.

He also has efficiency problems, as his abilities are expensive to cast, also since he can hold some choke points, its hard actually maintaining the CC.

Also, his passive seems pretty useless, especially since I play solo. I think his passive should be looked at again.

20 minutes ago, LAWD said:

He also has efficiency problems, as his abilities are expensive to cast, also since he can hold some choke points, its hard actually maintaining the CC.

Also, his passive seems pretty useless, especially since I play solo. I think his passive should be looked at again.

You've never tried a max-efficiency Perpetual Vortex Vauban, right ? Probably my weirdest period in Warframe, so much fun at the cost going from 20/20 eye vision to 4/20 thanks to my bright energy color

And to his passive, I think 95% of Warframes' passives are useless anyway.

28 minutes ago, LAWD said:

He also has efficiency problems

No, he is not.

since I play solo

I think his passive should be looked at again

No one would change an ok warframe just because you want it to match your solo playstyle in co-op game.

18 minutes ago, Prof.549 said:

No, he is not.

No one would change an ok warframe just because you want it to match your solo playstyle in co-op game.

well I do have a point anyway, and i didn't really mention my playstyle, if playstyle is defined as either coop or solo?

Edited by LAWD

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

You've never tried a max-efficiency Perpetual Vortex Vauban, right ? Probably my weirdest period in Warframe, so much fun at the cost going from 20/20 eye vision to 4/20 thanks to my bright energy color

And to his passive, I think 95% of Warframes' passives are useless anyway.

no i havent tried that yet, but ill give it a shot

14 hours ago, Hieracon said:

Vauban has already been given a rework. They might give him a few tweaks and fixes but i doubt it will be a full rework when the deluxe skin comes out. At best they might give him a new passive.

It was confirmed that he and titania are getting reworks, also i think nyx is getting a rework as well.

On 2018-07-11 at 5:50 PM, (XB1)MintyFreshMike said:

Invest in energy pads and zenurik and no more energy problems. 

My only problem is that Bastille doesn't always do its job

Bastille has a limit on how many targets it can catch in its net. Either drop more than one Bastille or use the augment which repels enemies when Bastille reaches the max amount of targets that it can contain.

My biggest issue with Vauban is how squishy he is. Once my shields go down, it doesn't take long for health to go down quickly, even with 3 other players nearby. Maybe I'm building him wrong, I don't know, but in my opinion, Vauban could use a buff in armor and/or his passive. The base amount of armor he has now doesn't work too well with his passive. I think they should buff his base armor, buff the amount of armor added per nearby player, or buff the range in which his passive is activated.

1 hour ago, MobiusKnight said:

I think they should buff his base armor, buff the amount of armor added per nearby player, or buff the range in which his passive is activated.

Wow i never noticed how low the range is on that. They should just make it affinity range. Also, the prime warframe has double the armor, that in conjunction with the buff to passive range would make his armor usually 175 which is pretty average focused caster. Though more in line with his theme of bunkering they could really just move the base armor for his normal and primed warframe up by 50 in addition to the passive range change.

On 2018-07-12 at 3:16 PM, Hieracon said:

Bastille has a limit on how many targets it can catch in its net. Either drop more than one Bastille or use the augment which repels enemies when Bastille reaches the max amount of targets that it can contain.

I use the augment but sometimes 1 or 2 guys will run through 

Vauban is boring to play. The only usefull ability are bastile and vortex. the frame is a engineer-themed Warframe and should have diverse ability other than grenats.

My Ideas: first ability: like the operator he will ragdoll or stagger enemys with a special force push, but its wider range and stronger, charging will give you stronger and more range                                 

second ability: concussion will control enemys for vaubans sake and attack only attacks allies and other enemies, bounce will be like a wall,it will deflect bullets to enemies back. vauban and allies will be the only one to pass through to bounce wall,he throws multiple teslas and will stagger enemies and the tesla will do more damage. the more tesla nearby the higher the damage multiplies. 

Third ability: vortex (way more damage), bastille(no limit to enemies and longer duration ) deployable turret, drones

Fourth ability: first: consume energy the longer you hold the button, when release the button he creates a extra/second high shield around him. it will be gone if the shield is gets damage enough. strenght will affected how many shields you get.

second: consume energy the longer you hold but when tap two times it will charges that energy foward or around them and do high damage and remove armor from enemies

He is tactical frame and CORPUS frame and should use different technology like iron man or batman does.

passive ability: vauban has higher chance that enemies will drop energy orb or he will regenerates energy itself, and regenerate shield faster than other frames

and please make Vauban have way more armor and shields. He looks like a machine and should have that.

maybe armor around 400 or more and shield when using the shield mod max at 2000 shield

I think that Vauban is a cool looking frame and have the potential to be a good and fun to play.

Edited by (PS4)The_PhantomSteel
please read my new version

A couple of good but simple tweaks could be giving tesla a higher proc chance (side note, that goes for alot of abilities, if they even have a proc chance to begin with) and also make shreds armor reduction permanent.