Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounties and Breath of Eidolon

Craynz

Hello,

I want to talk about the Breath of Eidolon dropchances and the time required to farm them.

First of all, I know that you get Furax Wrait, Kuva, Endo, Wisps, Stances and Relics while doing the T5 Bounty. However, you'll end up with alot of stance mods Furax Wraith parts which can't be sold for any reasonable amount of plat. Also the wisps aren't enough to make a difference considering you can get ~80 of them easily every night. Kuva and Endo are just a filler drop anyway and there enough other sources to get them. Better sources. Relics are nice though.

But let's get to what I actually mean:

So lets assume u need on average 12 min per bounty. You'll get 0.5+0.2174+0.1812=0.8986 per 12min, in other words 13.35 min per BOE

To build all arcane, you'll need 600 of them, so 600*0.2226h=133h of running the bounty only for arcanes.

For everything (excluding eidolon lenses and every zaw part only once) 877*0.2226h=195h

Then for every zaw or eidolon lens even more.

Just let that sink in: you need to spam 200h of bounties only to be able to craft the stuff, this doesnt include farming for the gems or fish - what will take an eternity aswell.

This is too much, considering in 195h i can do ~600 Tridolons, which will reward me with 30 Arcane Energizes on average. Not talking of all the other sets. This needs to be adressed in my opinion.

Also consider you'll cap your standing really fast, you get 4.3k standing per bounty, so 7 bountys to get the 26k cap. Since you need to do 877/0.8986=976 bounties to get the BOE. Thats 976/7=139.42 days to farm efficiently. Also note that thats 976*4.3k=4,197.8k ostron standing. Youll only need 6*125k=750k standing to purchase the arcanes btw.

Either give us another - better - way to get them. Or make Bounty 5 only Relics and BOE so you dont get less than 1 BOE per bounty. Or make them tradable since alot of players dont care about the arcanes you can build with these anyway, but thos who do have to do a tremendous grind.

I know alot of you dont care about the arcanes, but there are people that do. And there is a demand for more BOE on the wiki aswell, which is from where i took the dropchances as well as the amount of BOE you'll need.

Thanks for reading

EDIT: I'm $&*&*#(%&ed, you get 5 per drop so every number is reduced by 1/5. This makes 39h of farming, what is actually not too bad.

Spoiler

Other drops you'll get for 976 Runs:

Relics: 976*(0.4318+0.2754+0.3304)=1013

Endo: 400*976*(0.5+0.2174+0.1812)=351k

Wisps: 2*976*(0.1739+0.1449+0.2273)=1065

Kuva: 300*976*(0.0609+0.0507*0.0795)=56k

Eidolon Lens: 976*(0.0507+0.0795)=127

Stance: 976*(0.058+0.0909)=145

Furax Wraith Parts: 976*(0.058+0.0909)=145

Might include typos.

Edited by Craynz

I finished my BoE farming a couple of days ago (crafted all arcane sets, amp and zaw parts at least once and all other stuff that needs BoE). It was a pain and very frustrating, especially with me not needing endo or relics (with the excaption of relics of new prime items). Here are some ideas of mine:

• BoE as a drop from a captured Eidolon.
  • Onkko already offers Cetus Wisps, which I found odd. For me it would make more sense if he would sell BoE and and an Ostron NPC (Nakak for example) sold the Wisps. But anyway, Onkko could also sell both.
  • Reduction of the build costs. 100 BoE for an arcane set is rather steep, which also counts for some of the other resources.
  • or changing bounty rewards: 5 BoE in Bounty 4 and 10 BoE in Bounty 5.

Anyway, I hope Fortuna will have a better economy and less grind than the plains do.

21 hours ago, NekroArts said:

I think you forgot about that when you are rewarded with BoE you are given 5 of them at that moment.

Yes. I'm $&*&*#(%&ed holy...

makes it 40h which i still think is alot.

5 minutes ago, sixmille said:

What? If anything I'd get rif off that trash, it shouldn't be in the loot tables of bounties, it's completely worthless. I always feel a little insulted when this obnoxious thing appears on my screen!

I hope you merely forgot to add the /s to your post, because bounties are currently the only way to get BoE, so removing them from bounties would make them unobtainable.

à l’instant, -AoN-CanoLathra- a dit :

I hope you merely forgot to add the /s to your post, because bounties are currently the only way to get BoE, so removing them from bounties would make them unobtainable.

I mean, they should drop from random NPCs, they're not even as valuable as a bronze mod...