Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Condition Overload

Tiltskillet

Question

I recently got Condition Overload as a random drop--lucky me!--but it's been sitting in my inventory as I mull over how it should change my builds.  After much mulling, the answer is...I have no clue. 🙃

Anyway, what's a good, general, minimum threshold for putting it into a build?  Just a good status melee weapon?  Status melee weapon plus a good status Warframe? Status melee plus lots of Primary / Secondary status infliction?

(About the only thing I have figured out is that it's not worthwhile if I'm already killing things in 1-2 hits.)

For reference, my most commonly played set-up is Nezha with lots of Firewalker, lots of melee with Orthos Prime, and Akstiletto Prime and/or Braton Prime as back-up.  I do use 2-4 60% elemental mods in each weapon.  So all-in-all pretty dang status-oriented.

Thanks for any help.

6 answers to this question

Condition Overload is a powerhouse when used with weapons that have a high base status chance. Zaws are a great way to achieve this, the apex of which are the plague event ones from the Plague Star event. The next best choice is perhaps Lesion.

The 60% status/element mods should be sufficient enough to reach 100% status chance for these weapons, allowing maximum damage in a short span of time.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Anyway, what's a good, general, minimum threshold for putting it into a build?  Just a good status melee weapon?  Status melee weapon plus a good status Warframe? Status melee plus lots of Primary / Secondary status infliction?

You are speaking my language. I love status weapons. I think most people consider 50-70% status chance acceptable depending on the speed/rate of fire, in most cases. For melee weapons, I believe 30% chance at its base is the threshold to get to 100%. With primary and secondary it changes since there are the different categories (beam, shotgun, automatic).

To answer your overall question: you pretty much got it already, as long your elements do not overlap. In my experience, anything under boss status will die within 5 procs.

For optimizing use of Condition Overload alone, like you said, status weapons and status frame out the rear end to ramp up your procs as fast as you can.

I like to use Oberon for overall utility while Smite provides radiation and puncture procs, but any of the elemental type frames will work well enough. Saryn would probably be the best since she can apply 3 status effects with abilities alone and Spores can be super cheap to cast while spreading to other mobs.

Then you would use a sentinel equipped with Artax or Stinger since both provide guaranteed status procs (cold and toxin respectively). I use Diriga for this roll because of the range of its precept, but Djinn is a good contender as well and can provide a corrosive proc if it feels like it.

As for weapons: single pistol with glaive, hands down when it comes to application speed. Tysis and Zakti are my go to guns since they can do 3 status effects themselves almost instantly, and the Cerata and Glaive Prime will reach 100% status with the 4 dual stat mods, or a couple of percentage points away if you use Drifting Contact in place of a damage mod.

But of course you can become too specialized at that point. In the end, do what is fun for you. I find status weapons fun, so I build around them.

1 hour ago, NIkuno said:

You are speaking my language. I love status weapons. I think most people consider 50-70% status chance acceptable depending on the speed/rate of fire, in most cases. For melee weapons, I believe 30% chance at its base is the threshold to get to 100%. With primary and secondary it changes since there are the different categories (beam, shotgun, automatic).

To answer your overall question: you pretty much got it already, as long your elements do not overlap. In my experience, anything under boss status will die within 5 procs.

For optimizing use of Condition Overload alone, like you said, status weapons and status frame out the rear end to ramp up your procs as fast as you can.

I like to use Oberon for overall utility while Smite provides radiation and puncture procs, but any of the elemental type frames will work well enough. Saryn would probably be the best since she can apply 3 status effects with abilities alone and Spores can be super cheap to cast while spreading to other mobs.

Then you would use a sentinel equipped with Artax or Stinger since both provide guaranteed status procs (cold and toxin respectively). I use Diriga for this roll because of the range of its precept, but Djinn is a good contender as well and can provide a corrosive proc if it feels like it.

As for weapons: single pistol with glaive, hands down when it comes to application speed. Tysis and Zakti are my go to guns since they can do 3 status effects themselves almost instantly, and the Cerata and Glaive Prime will reach 100% status with the 4 dual stat mods, or a couple of percentage points away if you use Drifting Contact in place of a damage mod.

But of course you can become too specialized at that point. In the end, do what is fun for you. I find status weapons fun, so I build around them.

Would you recommend say, Cassowar over Orthos Prime?  I can get the former close to 100% status, while Orthos is more like 55%, with very similar stats otherwise.  Also, am I correct in thinking the closer-to-balanced IPS spread on Cassowar makes it more likely I get more types of procs for Condition Overload to work off of?  (Lesion looks quite good, but the shorter reach, slower speed, and looks are a turn-off for me.)

I'm sure there are much better weapons than any of the above, but I'm pretty enamored of pole-arms for the time being.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Would you recommend say, Cassowar over Orthos Prime?  I can get the former close to 100% status, while Orthos is more like 55%, with very similar stats otherwise.  Also, am I correct in thinking the closer-to-balanced IPS spread on Cassowar makes it more likely I get more types of procs for Condition Overload to work off of?  (Lesion looks quite good, but the shorter reach, slower speed, and looks are a turn-off for me.)

I'm sure there are much better weapons than any of the above, but I'm pretty enamored of pole-arms for the time being.

Since you said you are not a fan of the Lesion, Cassowar would indeed be the next best option, status wise. There is also the option to make your own as a zaw and get the stats you want, but that can be tedious to do if you don't have the standing. Side note, the Lesion has a special ability were it gains a small boost in attack speed and extra toxin damage when you inflict status. The wiki also mentions a guaranteed toxin proc, but I am not sure how that works. 

You are correct. The more balanced the damage spread is, the more likely you will be to proc each status. Most of the time you want to skew that to, say, slash, but now it would be better to have the balance.

There is nothing wrong with favoring a weapon type. I love daggers and went through the process to make a status zaw dagger since all the regular ones are garbage. It quickly became my most used melee weapon.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎15 at 12:41 PM, Tiltskillet said:

About the only thing I have figured out is that it's not worthwhile if I'm already killing things in 1-2 hits.)

The reason you gave above is one the three reasons I use gas.  Gas procs an AoE that effects all nearby enemies.  What this means for Condition Overload and Healing Return is that while you might have killed the first enemy in a one shot, all the other enemies now have status that is feeding both Condition Overload and Healing Return.  

Against higher level enemies, you get the benefit of Condition Overload feeding itself while causing higher damage with more hits and status procs which are scaring from the damage of the initial hit.  This is extremely effective when using slash/gas combination.  Add in stealth bonuses for even more damage.