Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darkness Warframe Concept

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Darkness Warframe-Hecate 

INFO

Spoiler

Ive often wanted to see a darkness elemental frame as we have so many light element types, ive done a few drafts here n there down the years  so here is the current incarnation

was great to get help developing this concept from  @crixus044 aka The Professor, and my friend arch111 for design feedback and 3d art design

the concept is a frame who utilizes darkness, i wanted an exalted weapon and drafted spears, and pole-arms but later derived the buster sword from feedback. i didnt want a giant metal blade because thats so common and warframe always does things in its own way so i drafted a buster hilt that forms a blade and shield from darkness , the main body design was inspired by sword dancers i thought a graceful yet powerful sword wielder would be a great idea for this concept 

Passive 

Entropy Counter

-a collective counter of accumulated damage  to overhealth health gained by shade mass mechanic

-damage to overhealth is stacked within 100 hp damage = 1 counter point 
-example: 150 =1.5 counter points
Powers

1: Shade Mass
frame hurls a mass of darkness at enemies, dealing damage and creating shade veils and granting overhealth to herself

Spoiler

-single hand cast, quick tap of power button at aimed zone throws it in LOS
-on contact with surface/enemies it detonates
-detonation deals blast and shade damage: shade deals damage over time

-shade damage is a flat damage type
-zone Leaves behind a Shade Veil
-only 3 shade veil cane be active at a time 
-shade veil causes a LOS reduction on enemies the further away from user. max % is 95% 
-she is fully visible within melee range [to give that spooky factor]

Overhealth 

Shade damage dealt  = over health applied 

overhealth is capped at 2x base health. 

health does not exceed  2x(base health

2: Quintessence
blink in and out of sight, and make your foes fear the dark 

Spoiler

-teleports a short distance in the blink of an eye, re-apering releases a pulse wave that knocks enemies into the air
-Pulse wave grants energy to allies it makes contact with 
-if charged by holding action button, frame teleports to closest/targeted shade veil
-if enters a shade veil , the pulse released is twice the diameter and energy granted to allies is doubled

3: Havok 
unleash primordial darkness and wreck havok on the battle field 

Spoiler

(drains counter stack instead of energy to cast)
-charge or quick cast[removes 1 stack] . toggle on/off 
-forms a condensed dark mass at her core which draws enemies to her while its active
-deals DPS and staggers on each hit proc
-enemeis slain while under its effects grant health to overhealth total
-applies a base 60% Damage Reduction, which is capped at 90%

4: Darkness buster
call forth the Darkness Busterand Unleash true devestation

Spoiler

spawn an exalted darkness buster sword : a sword hilt that releases a constant darkness flame blade] 
-stance [Dark Reunion]: heavy lunging strikes and thrusts
- Each strike causes a guaranteed stumble in a 2m aoe radius
-on block: dark flames form into a dark shield/barrier in front of frame
-damaged blocked is abosorbed into the base damage.
-Buster Strike:unleash a charge attack/heavy strike to release a aimed wave of all the stored damage absorbed
[Darkness Buster]
-base damage is enhanced by counter stack number multiplier
-speed .533  
-490 base damage (180 slash, 85 puncture, 225 impact)
-25% crit chance with 2x multiplier and 10% status chance

Speed and style reference : 

Concept art

sketch1531716497576.png

3D Model

created by @arch111, says he will also do a full model also

DiPEO65XcAE2-U_.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
reworded 1 to separate out overhealth mechanic

You know first I was like huh, neat. A darkness Warframe sounds like a frame after my own heart.

Then I noticed it'd introducing new mechanic called over health which it barely touched on.

And a new damage type called shade.

And was like ehh...

What really throw me off though was the exalted melee, do we really need to add yet another exalted melee?

I mean for primaries we have what Artemis bow? And that's it.

Secondaries there's regulators and dex pixia

But for melee's we have exalted blade, iron staff, valkyrs Talon's, diwata.

We really don't need a fifth quite yet, maybe think of a primary so they level out with Secondaries at least.

Also explain how over health would work a little better and touch on shade damage.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

You know first I was like huh, neat. A darkness Warframe sounds like a frame after my own heart.

Then I noticed it'd introducing new mechanic called over health which it barely touched on.

And a new damage type called shade.

And was like ehh...

What really throw me off though was the exalted melee, do we really need to add yet another exalted melee?

I mean for primaries we have what Artemis bow? And that's it.

Secondaries there's regulators and dex pixia

But for melee's we have exalted blade, iron staff, valkyrs Talon's, diwata.

We really don't need a fifth quite yet, maybe think of a primary so they level out with Secondaries at least.

Also explain how over health would work a little better and touch on shade damage.

well sorry you dont like the concept 

1 minute ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Never said I didn't like it, just said it had a couple new features it may help to go into and exalted melee is rather generic. Other than that I'm down.

well shade was derived as a flat damage dealt similiar to void , i couldt see using radiation or slash as that didnt fit the kit

overhealth is simply damage dealt by 1 and generates a overhealth, with the overhealth damage taken is applied to the counter

counter then feeds into base damage of 4 and casting of 3 

Just s Idea for the 3rd or 4th abylity:

The Darkness witch is stored in the Warframe explodes and Covers a arial in black Mist. 

Every enemy ist trapt in it . Maybelline blind, maybe scared and attack other enemy ...

Edited by Golum159
Adding some Detail

nice, just two things:

I would make the passive something like this frame is more effective at night or something like that

DEFINITELY one of the abilities should be "Shadow Grab"  aoe where enemies are grasped by hands coming out of their shadows that stun/drain them and buff you and your allies in some way.  That'd be really cool.

21 hours ago, obiwanzanobi said:

nice, just two things:

I would make the passive something like this frame is more effective at night or something like that

DEFINITELY one of the abilities should be "Shadow Grab"  aoe where enemies are grasped by hands coming out of their shadows that stun/drain them and buff you and your allies in some way.  That'd be really cool.

sounds cool but that ability is kinda used in other games already, and i wouldnt want to be seen as concept stealing 

her 1 or 4 couldd be augmented with a  mod so when she stabs a shadezone  it strikes enemies through their shadows 

never know 

the night passive is very limited though and mirage kinda has that in her kit , could do something like darkness grants health regeneration or something i guess 

• 3 weeks later...