Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we just pay plat or something to bypass the Nidus cyst-thing?

Legion-Shields

Just now, Majiks_ said:

I'm like 67.9% sure that if you have the cyst on a warframe and then remove it it will never come back on that same warframe unless you forma it. That's what I've heard anyway.

It will not come back period. The forma part is bs.

Just now, Majiks_ said:

I'm like 67.9% sure that if you have the cyst on a warframe and then remove it it will never come back on that same warframe unless you forma it. That's what I've heard anyway.

Forma has nothing to do with it coming back. Once you remove it, that frame is immune to getting another one. (though I believe nidus can manually be reinfected due to their relation to the room)

10 minutes ago, Majiks_ said:

How can I prevent my brand new shiny 'frame from ever being tainted by it in the first place? 

To be fair, the Cyst is a teaser of Helminth an entity in Ordis' hull that wants to regrow its strength. The Cyst's purpose currently is just Helminth Charger but that will likely change in the future once Helminth is introduced proper. Look around for mentions by DE Steve for his ideas of an 'alchemy' system. The "immunity" is just until Helminth's full introduction DE Steve said prior though that could have changed since, interestingly, some patches, switching to deluxe skins and such will allow them to get reinfected and infect others even if prior 'cured'.

15 hours ago, Legion-Shields said:

How can I prevent my brand new shiny 'frame from ever being tainted by it in the first place? 

You technically can't in the sense that avoiding it is near impossible. If any new frame is ever exposed to a frame with a cyst then you'll get it, and the epidemic appears to still be going strong as I find out each time a new frame/prime comes out and I get infected in the very first mission I take them publicly on.

At worst it's a week of waiting for it to grow, once it's fully grown it is a permanent removal to have Helminth do it. Fingers crossed for DE to expand on the whole system with Helminth and hopefully do something cool for us to play with, optionally of course.

Edited by Beartornado