Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata 7.5% Crit Instead Of 15% - Why?

Mainabi

I really wonder why did they buff the grakata and then they've nerfed it back to 7.5%?

why didn't DE keep it at 15% base critchance?
as far as I remember it was never rly op, and it filled a great niche so yeah what was the reasoning behind it? 

Yes, Scott said in a livestream tho that he was planning on buffing the Grakata back to the 15% crit chance.

Just to clarify: Don't trust the wiki, trust Pwnatron ;)

I just heard that in the livestream, also heard around the council chat etc, so wasn't rly sure so it's still worth to get grakata as a fun weapon? that's still viable in normal play?

I just heard that in the livestream, also heard around the council chat etc, so wasn't rly sure so it's still worth to get grakata as a fun weapon? that's still viable in normal play?

It's funny, a lot of people saying the Grak wasn't touched, yet my forma'd up the ying yang model kills way slower than it used to. Right now, it's not worth using.

It's funny, a lot of people saying the Grak wasn't touched, yet my forma'd up the ying yang model kills way slower than it used to. Right now, it's not worth using.

Pwnatron is much more knowledgeable about this game from datamining than the majority of players. Anecdotal evidence is also quite unreliable. Given that, I'm much more inclined to believe him than some random player who edited the wiki to say it had 15% crit chance.

Edited by CitizenV

so about the reason why some people think the grakata is weaker now, it's actually pretty simple in one of the newer patches they've increased the lvl of every enemy, actually the overall difficulty raised a little bit didn't it? therefore higher armor and higher base hp = lower dmg output + more hp = it takes longer to kill mob A on X postpatch than mob A on X

so most likely they did nothing to the weapon itself

but id sti like to request a gramata buff, critchance fom 7.5% to 15-20%

thank you very much

Buffing the Grakata to even 15% is not going to help such a horrible weapon.

Not sure who thinks a lottery weapon that uses ridiculous ammunition that has lousy accuracy (too high of a recoil) is actualy going to be a good weapon.

Not sure who thinks a lottery weapon that uses ridiculous ammunition that has lousy accuracy (too high of a recoil) is actualy going to be a good weapon.

grakata was never intended to be a good weapon, (good = high tier) yet it has it's followers because it's fun, i use the braton prime used 7x forma (because i can and because love the weapon) whatever you wish to say the braton prime isn't a good weapon compared to the other high tier weapon like acrid, lanka, supra, flux rifle, ogris but it's fun, and it's even more fun to have yellow numbers popping up ;)

grakata was never intended to be a good weapon, (good = high tier) yet it has it's followers because it's fun, i use the braton prime used 7x forma (because i can and because love the weapon) whatever you wish to say the braton prime isn't a good weapon compared to the other high tier weapon like acrid, lanka, supra, flux rifle, ogris but it's fun, and it's even more fun to have yellow numbers popping up ;)

Well, I'm not asking for the Grakata to be "high tier", but come on... the stupid thing as it is in game right now, can barely handle Earth missions without a potato.

Meanwhile, a Braton (not even the prime) can do Lv30+ stuff no problem.

It takes 90+ bullets to kill ONE Ancient on freaking JUPITER.

They're Lv25-27.

They should buff the base damage to 12 (which would make it still weaker than the MK1, per-bullet).

Then maybe the +damage mods might actually add something worthwhile.

id go for full crit build since its crit base is 200% with all crit dmg build = 560% crit dmg + 40% stunchance yo yeah its a crowdcontrol weapon with some highs critchance should be buffed, it promotes critbuilds actually there are only the snipers/bows which can be considered critweapons and maybe latron(prime) else we don't have enough critbuilds anything else is almost the same, usally the base is the same besides ammomutation/ reload etc you put on dmg and elemental but barely ever crit

It really only needs to have 15% critical to be useful because of the hammer shot mod. It wouldn't be a great weapon, but that one mod makes 15% good enough to use Grakata.

If Grakata has 9 base damage and  7.5% chance with all 3 critical mods it the equivalent of having a 16 base damage.

If Grakata has 9 base damage and 15% critical rate with all 3 critical mods it would be the equivalent of having a 24 damage base.