Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus stacks visual mutation fix update please.

IfritKajiTora

From the beginning I though this is weird and don't feet.
Nidus have two forms, normal and mutated.
From start of mission it takes like "30 seconds to 2 minutes max" to get 10 stacks, which makes him fully mutated, but he isn't still in his full power, it's just 10% bonus of what he can get.
So 95% of the time you will just see your fully mutated nidus which is bad, in my opinion it should change. Especially that to survive dying, Nidus need 15 stacks (earlier he needed only 10, that's why 10 stacks makes him fully mutated).

Changes:
Nidus' appearance changes as more stacks are collected:

• With the base skin:
    • At 15 (3 earlier) stacks, tendrils will protrude from his neck and upper spine, while the carapace around his ribs will open.
    • At 30 (5 earlier) and 45 (7 earlier) stacks respectively, the carapace around his thighs and arms will open to reveal more infested flesh and tendrils beneath.
    • At 60 (10 earlier) stacks, certain sections of his currently-equipped helmet will open up, and many more tendrils will be exposed.
  • With the Nidus Phryke Skin:
    • At 15 (3 earlier) stacks, he gains protective armor on his thighs, and his shoulder pads are covered in a cage-like armor with a protruding spike on the top.
    • At 30 (5 earlier) stacks, a large curved blade appears on each of the shoulder pad spikes.
    • At 45 (7 earlier) stacks, his forearms are lined with a curved blade that extends two large spikes.
    • At 60 (10 earlier) stacks, his face becomes covered with a crown-like visor.

Each mutation appear need 15 stacks. If Nidus get to 0 health he lose 15 stacks, so it is as visual los, one dead = losing one armor part(deluxe skin) or one mutated limb (normal skin).

Or at least:
      first mutation: 10 stacks
      second mutation: 15 stacks
      third mutation: 20 stacks
      Full mutation: 30 stacks

That way we could see normal Nidus more often and see in game that he is mutating with more stacks we get. Instead of enter mission and immediately got fully mutated Nidus with just 10 stacks without bothering that he is even mutating (let's have some respect for 3D model artist/s that worked hard to make visual mutations for him ;p)
Edited by IfritKajiTora

To be fair, the reason the appearance change caps out at 10 stacks is probably because the majority of missions aren't endless, so most Nidus players won't reach 50 or even 100 most of the time. I'd like to see a Nidus player, especially when teamed with pubbies, get 60 stacks in an extermination.

And keep in mind that I've been maining Nidus since he came out, and I use all of his abilities whenever humanly possible.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Just now, Pizzarugi said:

To be fair, the reason the appearance change caps out at 10 stacks is probably because the majority of missions aren't endless, so most Nidus players won't reach 50 or even 100 most of the time. I'd like to see a Nidus player, especially when teamed with pubbies, get 60 stacks in an extermination.

Well I don't have much problem with stacking even in public. In missions like capture or rescue you won't stack much, but that's how it should be in my opinion. Nidus should not get fully mutated on every mission.
50 stacks in 4-7 minute survival is normal for me.

1 minute ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Well I don't have much problem with stacking even in public. In missions like capture or rescue you won't stack much, but that's how it should be in my opinion. Nidus should not get fully mutated on every mission.
50 stacks in 4-7 minute survival is normal for me.

That kind of proves my point though. Most Nidus players might get lucky to hit 10-30 stacks in any non-endless mission (depending on mission and difficulty of course), so that might be why his mutated appearance caps out at 10. The aesthetic would be wasted if you only got to see it's full effect in endless missions.

5 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

That kind of proves my point though. Most Nidus players might get lucky to hit 10-30 stacks in any non-endless mission (depending on mission and difficulty of course), so that might be why his mutated appearance caps out at 10. The aesthetic would be wasted if you only got to see it's full effect in endless missions.

"The aesthetic would be wasted if you only got to see it's full effect in endless missions."
Well that's where fun starts with Warframe, where you are playing 60% of the time. It would not be wasted then, you just could not see fully mutated Nidus everywhere.

10 stacks is too low. At least 30 should be needed.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

3 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

...you just could not see fully mutated Nidus everywhere.

And that's probably why DE set the mutation transform cap to 10. Some Nidus players want to look fully mutated no matter what mission they go to, or at the very least DE wanted people to enjoy him outside of endless missions. 😛

Edited by Pizzarugi

59 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I think it capped at ten to show that the undying passive would activate, since they didn’t jack it up to 15 stacks til after his release.

That might be another good reason and if that's the case, they should bump the transform cap to that point.