Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archived

LordViper4

Please, elemental only weapons are a dead end route. For one you end up with a mono-damage type that hurts you against certain enemy types. Trying to use both backfires spectacularly as you still need a puncture based melee weapon for armored enemies. The MR system actively discourages this kind of play as it makes more sense to try as many different weapons as possible.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. You've got punchthrough and low reload times. Add Fast Hands and you're in the same fire rates as shotguns and snipers. 

4 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

If anything, Snipers need help having a place, cause AoE will always dominate

Nah, we've got Dead Eye Aura for that. 

8 minutes ago, Belisaurius said:

Nah, we've got Dead Eye Aura for that. 

L m a o

I've never seen anyone not using either ES, CP, Rejuv, Steel Charge, or Growing Power, and 90% of the time it's CP
No armor on units will be a bigger dmg buff than Dead Eye. Even if you have a full squad of snipers using that aura, AoE will still wipe the floor with 'em

Still though, I stand by snipers needing something more. The combo counter thing is nice and all, but they could use something in the ways of killing more than just what enemies are lined up head by head in a row

Edited by Vesiga

On 2018-07-30 at 3:16 AM, LordViper4 said:

I absolutely love using bows in this game, however they are quite underwhelming. I recently picked up the dread along with ivara; and I have to say, although its fun, its not what I expected.

Whats the point in using the dead or ivara in a mission when you can just go excalibur and mow everything down with your exalted blade. Your blade even goes through so its just effortless. However with ivara/bows you cannot keep up with the swarm of enemies. Bows are not made for aoe damage, and therefore are not that viable. Artemis bow does a good amount of damage, but I can only use it for a while until I run out of energy because I keep spamming it while being swarmed with enemies because there is a small area of effect damage. I also feel like I need to put a lot of effort in just to kill a wave of enemies which I could do with a few taps of E on my excalibur.

I can just use my soma prime which outputs more damage than the dread and I can mow down multiple enemies with ease. The only time I've really found using the dread rewarding is when i do a solo mission with ivara because then teammates are not running ahead and I can pretend Im a ninja, until I go to public and realise how out of meta it is.

They need a buff of some sort, what do you think?

Well, Exalted Blade is superior to almost all of the weapons in game so what’s your explanation for that? Plus, bows got buffed not too long ago.

If you really want AoE then you're actually better off with Warframe abilities. The Lenz runs into all kinds of issues in CC because of friendly fire, The Corinth's shots have a very strict effective range, and the Tonkor is...unreliable. Sometimes it blows up where you want and sometimes it bounces off the walls. All of them have slow projectile speeds and rates of fire so it's rare to get more than 2 or 3 in the same blast. Most Warframes have at least one ability that makes the Lenz look small time. 

Nah, the Sniper Rifle has a niche for Defense and Interception where you can find a good vantage point and cover most of the map. A lot less running around and a lot more shooting, you see. 

Also, Teralysts don't seem to care about AoE.