Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archived

LordViper4

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

I know I was just mentioning that the OP issue with bows won't be solved with just buffing the crit or status chance or even damage. The issue that he has would be TTK.

Fair enough. Sorry if I misread your intent.  Yeah, seems like some players really just don't understand "flavor" of different play options.  It ain't always about efficiency or speed.  Sometimes, we just play something because, well...it's fun to play! (Go figure, right!?)

7 hours ago, Babellon said:

Bows are not made for AOE damage, they are made for stealth and single target precision. We have over 50? frames, and 400+ weapons, because different people like different things and with that much variety there are plenty of options. 

As to Ivara I don't get the point of her 4th, I have 4 bows in my inventory, I don't need a bow as a skill. I personally like to play ivara with loud weapons allowing me to manipulate the field by appearing briefly while I fire and vanishing again, this keeps things moving and exciting, otherwise you're just walking up and shooting everything in the face which is cheesy and boring. 

So many weapons, so many of them are trash thoough.

5 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

What's the point of using a weapon when I can go full DPS with Saryn, Equinox or Volt?

What's the point of using a Saryn, Equinox or Volt if i can simply get carried?

Btw:
Ivara with 323 str + Empowered Quiver. let me know if your Dread still not hitkill everything.

Edited by --Peter--

8 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

You kind of hit the nail on the head there, Bows (ignoring Lenz) are stealth weapons, that's their optimal environment,
they're not gonna (and IMO shouldn't) outperform a max dakka gun for horde shooting purposes.

Although, maybe try this? Use a damage + CC ability (e.g. Avalanche),
wiping out fodder enemies while leaving the heavies open for Bow pwnage. Might work / be fun. *shrug*

^^This and this below.  

7 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Cernos prime with max multishot if you want to deal with crowds. 

Or gas damage on high status bow.

Also OP, once you have enough skill/practice using bows, you should have no problems keeping up with others in groups.  I've mained Ivara and Bows for about two years now and usually end up with most damage done, highest kills(or close enough), as well as the highest accuracy.  

The trick is to use the innate punchthru of bows to kill multiple enemies in one shot.  Once you start doing that, then your ability to be on par with the group will go up A LOT.  Rakta Cernos also helps with this until you can get use to hitting multiple enemies in one shot.  

Edit:  If you are going pick a bow as your weapon of choice, then you better get damn good at using it.  😁 

Edited by DatDarkOne

11 hours ago, LordViper4 said:

Bows are not made for aoe damage

Lenz and Mutalist Cernos would like a word with you. Cernos Prime is also capable of hitting multiple clustered targets.

I can only use it for a while until I run out of energy

that's a you problem. mod for greater Power Efficiency. Artemis Bow only costs energy upon first cast and shooting, you have all the time in the world to position yourself for the best shot vs multiple enemies, you won't use energy until you loose those arrows. Concentrated Arrow Augment is another option.

can just use my soma prime which outputs more damage than the dread

your Dread is modded wrong then. Soma is powerful due to high crit and fire rate, but dread puts out way more damage per shot and has even higher crit. a Dread with a Crit build, the only build you ever need on a Dread, can kill most things in one or two shots, especially when their armour has been stripped, and with Hunter Munitions it's slash Procs are second only to Ash's Shuriken in terms of damage over time.

They need a buff of some sort, what do you think?

Bows are fine. the point of Bows is being able to quietly eliminate enemies at any distance and take down heavier enemies more easily. even at higher levels, heavy enemies like Gunners and Bombards don't stand up well to arrows, they are essential better, quieter Sniper Rifles in a sense. they are not made to do the Soma's job of wiping out groups in seconds, and Bows are still very enjoyable to use.

10 hours ago, Genitive said:

What did you expect when picking up a bow? That it will shoot arrows like Boltor? Your comparison is unfair, of course bows won't be able to mow down enemies – they're bows. You don't expect automatic fire from sniper rifles now, do you?

Technically, you could use the Attica or Zhuge to mow down enemies. Yes I know it's a crossbow and really shouldn't count, but if I can use it for a bow-only Sortie then it's a bow.

Unless they changed that. If they did by all means call me out on it. I don't pay attention to these things 🤣

I absolutely love using bows in this game, however they are quite underwhelming. I recently picked up the dread along with ivara; and I have to say, although its fun, its not what I expected.

Whats the point in using the dead or ivara in a mission when you can just go excalibur and mow everything down with your exalted blade. Your blade even goes through so its just effortless. However with ivara/bows you cannot keep up with the swarm of enemies. Bows are not made for aoe damage, and therefore are not that viable. Artemis bow does a good amount of damage, but I can only use it for a while until I run out of energy because I keep spamming it while being swarmed with enemies because there is a small area of effect damage. I also feel like I need to put a lot of effort in just to kill a wave of enemies which I could do with a few taps of E on my excalibur.

I can just use my soma prime which outputs more damage than the dread and I can mow down multiple enemies with ease. The only time I've really found using the dread rewarding is when i do a solo mission with ivara because then teammates are not running ahead and I can pretend Im a ninja, until I go to public and realise how out of meta it is.

Multi-purposed equipment.... Excal has an easier time defeating armies, and bows were never meant to be used as crowd control.

Edited by Eidolon_Slayer

13 hours ago, LordViper4 said:

Whats the point in using the dead or ivara in a mission when you can just go excalibur and mow everything down with your exalted blade.

Fun. Plus it's quite viable even in high level mission.

What's the point of using every other single weapon if it can't beat Tigris Prime. What's the point of DE releasing weapons that is inferior than existing weapons. What's the point of playing Warframe if there is much better things you could do irl...You can see where I'm going.

15 hours ago, LordViper4 said:

I absolutely love using bows in this game, however they are quite underwhelming. I recently picked up the dread along with ivara; and I have to say, although its fun, its not what I expected.

Whats the point in using the dead or ivara in a mission when you can just go excalibur and mow everything down with your exalted blade. Your blade even goes through so its just effortless. However with ivara/bows you cannot keep up with the swarm of enemies. Bows are not made for aoe damage, and therefore are not that viable. Artemis bow does a good amount of damage, but I can only use it for a while until I run out of energy because I keep spamming it while being swarmed with enemies because there is a small area of effect damage. I also feel like I need to put a lot of effort in just to kill a wave of enemies which I could do with a few taps of E on my excalibur.

I can just use my soma prime which outputs more damage than the dread and I can mow down multiple enemies with ease. The only time I've really found using the dread rewarding is when i do a solo mission with ivara because then teammates are not running ahead and I can pretend Im a ninja, until I go to public and realise how out of meta it is.

That's because you're using the wrong bow for Ivara & modding it wrong to begin with. Personally, I go nowhere with Ivara without the Rakta Cernos. Aside from modding for 100% crit chance & high impact damage, the Blight effect wrecks or seriously weakens a room, level depending.

My husband prefers using the Lenz with Ivara, and can practically clear the map before I get a shot off. His Lenz is beast mode, though, has no problem taking down groups of high levels in one shot.

On 2018-07-30 at 6:16 AM, LordViper4 said:

I believe this is more of a mission and enemy AI issue. You can have an awesome bow set ups that can clear rooms but it feels you want more of the stealth playstyle and not many missions that promote that tactical playstyles (same issues that affect snipers) - there is spy and rescue but the enemies still react the same and stealth only really matters in the treasure/prison room tile.

I am assuming you want more open air missions that require you to steal, capture and/or assassinate (non boss - 1 shot kills when not alerted) without tripping a single alarm.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

2 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

I believe this is more of a mission and enemy AI issue. You can have an awesome bow set ups that can clear rooms but it feels you want more of the stealth playstyle and not many missions that promote that tactical playstyles (same issues that affect snipers) - there is spy and rescue but the enemies still react the same and stealth only really matters in the treasure/prison room tile.

I am assuming you want more open air missions that require you to steal, capture and/or assassinate (non boss - 1 shot kills when not alerted) without tripping a single alarm.

This is kind of where I am, OP notwithstanding.

I fully intended to main Ivara and bow for the stealthy aspect, but after I got her and actually used her, I found out that I'd just much rather use Mesa and mow down mobs with reckless abandon at any time i felt like it lol.

The one or two times your actually stealthy during a spy mission just really isn't worth it.

22 minutes ago, senmurai said:

Bows and thrown weapons have no place in a Warframe dominated by Amprex and Atomos.

What I mentioned above, Lenz op op
Also Pox is incredibly strong thrown weapon too tho.

If anything, Snipers need help having a place, cause AoE will always dominate

Edited by Vesiga