Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archived

LordViper4

Well that's one nice thing about this game is you can play it how you want. You can go commando or you can be stealthy. Sure one may be slightly better than the other but it doesn't force you to play one way. Both are effective ways of completing objectives. I don't think bows need buffed. Mod them right and they can do extremely high damage.

Wat? First off, this doesn't belong here.

Second off, bows aren't made to deal with trash mobs. That one bombard that takes half a clip from your soma prime to take down? Takes at max 2 shots from a well modded bow.

Third off, why would you waste your time with Excalibur when Mesa and her peacemakers are much more superior? See, I can play that game too.

Bows are not made for AOE damage, they are made for stealth and single target precision. We have over 50? frames, and 400+ weapons, because different people like different things and with that much variety there are plenty of options. 

As to Ivara I don't get the point of her 4th, I have 4 bows in my inventory, I don't need a bow as a skill. I personally like to play ivara with loud weapons allowing me to manipulate the field by appearing briefly while I fire and vanishing again, this keeps things moving and exciting, otherwise you're just walking up and shooting everything in the face which is cheesy and boring. 

2 minutes ago, LordViper4 said:

The only time I've really found using the dread rewarding is when i do a solo mission with ivara

You kind of hit the nail on the head there, Bows (ignoring Lenz) are stealth weapons, that's their optimal environment,
they're not gonna (and IMO shouldn't) outperform a max dakka gun for horde shooting purposes.

Although, maybe try this? Use a damage + CC ability (e.g. Avalanche),
wiping out fodder enemies while leaving the heavies open for Bow pwnage. Might work / be fun. *shrug*

vor 32 Minuten schrieb LordViper4:

I absolutely love using bows in this game, however they are quite underwhelming. I recently picked up the dread along with ivara; and I have to say, although its fun, its not what I expected.

Whats the point in using the dead or ivara in a mission when you can just go excalibur and mow everything down with your exalted blade. Your blade even goes through so its just effortless. However with ivara/bows you cannot keep up with the swarm of enemies.

you compare a normal weapon with a ability.... makes no sense..

you should compare excals blade to ivaras artemis bow... which you can equip and shot until energy drains out.... then this is a whole other story... with artmeis you can shot multiple targets, bringing them down quickly an silent... you can even shot a sleep arrow and kill them one after another, taking advantage from sneak kills....

59 minutes ago, LordViper4 said:

Bows are not made for aoe damage

I absolutely love using bows in this game, however they are quite underwhelming.

220?cb=20170803215404 Problem solved.

I can just use my soma prime which outputs more damage than the dread

If your soma does more damage than the dread, you built it wrong.

Whats the point in using the dead or ivara in a mission when you can just go excalibur and mow everything down with your exalted blade

Ivara is a stealth frame, Excalibroken is a frontline mass-murderer, you can't compare the two.

What's the point of even playing the game when we have warframes like Saryn and Mesa?

The only time I've really found using the dread rewarding is when i do a solo mission with ivara

That's what bows are for. Stealth missions or single target damage.

I can only use it for a while until I run out of energy because I keep spamming it while being swarmed with enemies because there is a small area of effect damag

Concentrated Arrow, as someone already said.

We are in the future, with giant space ship and impossible weaponry, did you really expect a troglodyte bow to be on par of them ?

Edited by Kyryo

What did you expect when picking up a bow? That it will shoot arrows like Boltor? Your comparison is unfair, of course bows won't be able to mow down enemies – they're bows. You don't expect automatic fire from sniper rifles now, do you?

A lot of weapons and stuffs in this game is purely for the 'alternative pick' and give choices for players to use. If you want to say able to clear hordes of enemies fast, then there are only a few and the rest can be taken off the game. So picking what we like and use them, is solely for personal enjoyment, taking our time playing solo. 

On 2018-07-30 at 11:16 AM, LordViper4 said:

I absolutely love using bows in this game, however they are quite underwhelming. I recently picked up the dread along with ivara; and I have to say, although its fun, its not what I expected.

Whats the point in using the dead or ivara in a mission when you can just go excalibur and mow everything down with your exalted blade. Your blade even goes through so its just effortless. However with ivara/bows you cannot keep up with the swarm of enemies. Bows are not made for aoe damage, and therefore are not that viable. Artemis bow does a good amount of damage, but I can only use it for a while until I run out of energy because I keep spamming it while being swarmed with enemies because there is a small area of effect damage. I also feel like I need to put a lot of effort in just to kill a wave of enemies which I could do with a few taps of E on my excalibur.

I can just use my soma prime which outputs more damage than the dread and I can mow down multiple enemies with ease. The only time I've really found using the dread rewarding is when i do a solo mission with ivara because then teammates are not running ahead and I can pretend Im a ninja, until I go to public and realise how out of meta it is.

They need a buff of some sort, what do you think?

I feel the same way...except the bit about bows being useless.

However I don't think bows should get a buff...precisely because they are designed to be stealth weapons, for dealing with a handful of enemies at any one time, at most. They are great for solo ninja runs...not so good for defence / survival situations.

Buffing them so you can use them to clear a room / wave would completely change their character and make them just like other weapons.

Just gotta pick the right tools for the job.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

My 2 cent:

lenz is not a bow. Its a grenade/explosive launcer disguised as a bow. It has no bow string, it is not silent, and use any ammo drop on the ground... don’t be easily duped by the corpus saying tha its a corpus bow. Corpus will tell you anything you like to make a profit. 😄 

anyway... people play differently. Some like to use bow, some just want to do melee, some like assult rifle... and so on and so on. If you’re wondering what the point of using weapon A if i have B, then its probably because you like weapon B...

Edited by novalery

50 minutes ago, novalery said:

My 2 cent:

lenz is not a bow. Its a grenade/explosive launcer disguised as a bow. It has no bow string, it is not silent, and use any ammo drop on the ground... don’t be easily duped by the corpus saying tha its a corpus bow. Corpus will tell you anything you like to make a profit. 😄 

anyway... people play differently. Some like to use bow, some just want to do melee, some like assult rifle... and so on and so on. If you’re wondering what the point of using weapon A if i have B, then its probably because you like weapon B...

Oy don't talk like that with m'boy

Bows are really more of a stealth weapon, used in Spy or Rescue missions where not being detected makes life easier. Besides that you've got some punch through to work with and with FR mods (generally double effective for bows) you can do a lot of damage to mobs. 

Also, you've got better ammo efficiency so it's handy when energy runs low. 

Edited by Belisaurius

It's the TTK (time to kill) that is the issue bows just generally take longer to kill cause of how they are compare to guns that are full auto or as fast as you can pull the trigger. Even if they make bows stronger they going to also need a bigger innate punch through to make the TTK go down.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

It's the TTK (time to kill) that is the issue bows just generally take longer to kill cause of how they are compare to guns that are full auto or as fast as you can pull the trigger. Even if they make bows stronger they going to also need a bigger innate punch through to make the TTK go down.

Dude, just use better mods.  My Dread can one-shot most things, even at higher levels...It never needs to reload, it has short draw-time, so...dunno where this perceived issue is coming from.  Also, not everything in Warframe is about TTK.  Sometimes, it's fun to play with our food 😛

Just now, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Dude, just use better mods.  My Dread can one-shot most things, even at higher levels...It never needs to reload, it has short draw-time, so...dunno where this perceived issue is coming from.  Also, not everything in Warframe is about TTK.  Sometimes, it's fun to play with our food 😛

I know I was just mentioning that the OP issue with bows won't be solved with just buffing the crit or status chance or even damage. The issue that he has would be TTK.