Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

when is melee 3.0 going live and what are your opinions about it?

Velveteen

I am a little bit concernt that everytime the new melee 3.0 was shown on targets that were unkillable or on low level. Sure it looks cool but at that level even a normal dmg skill could kill those targets. Warframe went from a more tactical shooter to a horde mode shooter and looking cool is way less important than doing its job good. After all what we have seen I think melee 3.0 is a bit to slow. They said it is more for 1v1 dmg if i remember corectly but it is long ago where warframe was 1v1.

Seeing as Melee 3.0 is at 50% I don't expect it to come out anytime soon.

But I LOVED what I saw.
The new Melee fits the fast movement the game has.
It's obvious that DE looked at the Movement system & said: "Standing still & doing combos just doesn't fit this game anymore."

While I enjoy the current melee, too many Combos just don't seem to work even when entered properly. Additionally the current combo system just doesn't work.
As many combos do either:
1. The enemy is dead before the combo is even 1/4th finished
2. Leave you wide the every living f[bleep] open so distant enemies can punish you for every and every one of the Lotus' sins.
3. Damage for the crazier combos are underwhelming.

The new changes, are fast fluid, simplified enough to have depth yet easy to learn.
Charge attacks look cool, the distance closers are a HUGE QoL improvement. (Reach may not be required nearly as much now)
Blocks adding to combo counter instead of draining energy is amazing! (I hated being punished for blocking)
Air-Combo?! Are AMAZING!!! Fits the insanely fluid movement of the game. And LONG overdue. (Good-Bye Drones!)

What DE needs to do now is add stagger states/stun/flinch to enemies & players.
So when we're mid-combo on enemies they are staggered/flinching from each hit instead of just taking the hits & still attacking you until they die.
A Heavy Attack that lands but doesn't kill an enemy should lay the enemy the holy f[bleep] out.
A Heavy Attack that kills an enemy should play as a Finisher Animation.
Also they need to change the Riposte system into a flat out Counter. Time Block just before a melee blow lands & you get rewarded, enemy gets punished, & vice versa.

I say players need flinch too because melee enemies are a joke & I feel that if they could Comob players they would be a significant threat & add a layer of difficulty.
Example: If a Grineer Butcher hits a player, the first hit causes a flinch, the next hit another flinch, if the player doesn't press & hold block to stop the combo OR the player can time block to counter the next hit or simply roll away before the third hit lands, if they don't then the 3rd hit will completely stagger the player & then the butcher can lay into them with a more advanced combo potentially killing the player.

Also this would prevent spam, as if players spam a Heavy unit then the unit can also block and/or counter the player after enough hits.
I'd love this kind of depth.

I'm really digging Melee 3.0