Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

when is melee 3.0 going live and what are your opinions about it?

Velveteen

It's not going live before or after the Devstream. This is just a in-progress talk about how the melee rework is coming so we can get a preview and also a chance to voice our opinions on what has been worked on and what's to come. In the prime time, they said this was the half-way point. So, it won't be releasing any time soon unfortunately. However, in my opinion, it's probably going to be pretty awesome.

Well, obviously we'll found out more on the devstream, but they mentioned that they want it to come out with Revanent on the last stream, and that should be 23.3 or 23.4.

As for thoughts, considering how badly received the last dive into the melee rework was, I doubt that it's even close to what they talked about previously, so we'll have to wait and see.

Edit: with what @Hammahness808 said above (didn't see until I posted) either Revanent is farther out than I thought, or it's def coming out well after him. that said though, the idea of so little time between showing us where it is and actually releasing was concerning me. So, all in all a good thing I think. (Especially considering how well the physical status overhaul went over with it's reveal a week before it was slated to be released and after a good amount of work went into it.)

Edited by Tarak

6 minutes ago, Tarak said:

Well, obviously we'll found out more on the devstream, but they mentioned that they want it to come out with Revanent on the last stream, and that should be 23.3 or 23.4.

As for thoughts, considering how badly received the last dive into the melee rework was, I doubt that it's even close to what they talked about previously, so we'll have to wait and see.

they mentioned the same points they did in the most recent devstream as they did in one of the earlier looks of melee 3.0 

I'm just here heavily hoping that my melee can still be of use to me 2-3 hours into a survival. Melee is really the first thing that got me super into warframe all those years ago, it's anxiety inducing to know that major changes are happening and the last thing we heard pretty much sounded like nerfs. I love melee, and I'm usually excited for changes, but to change something so important to gameplay makes me nervous. 

Here's to hoping this coming devstream puts us all at ease with this major change!

I think they're changing melee to make it a little more interesting than "press e forever and hit at least one enemy every 12 seconds to keep your damage relevant". It's not really a system in the game that strictly needs addressing, so it's clear that DE is making changes to update the game for the better. That seems to be the goal.

My thoughts are that I'll really just need to wait for the update and then play it a bunch before forming an opinion. I'm a little concerned with the changes (removal?) of channeling for extra damage, since I have several setups that use that very mechanic, but we still no very little about how it's going to play out. We'll have to wait and see.

4 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Jat kittag. Your time has come again. BLAST THEM ALL OFF IN THE DANCE OF DEATH JUST LIKE IN OLD MELEE 1.0 TIMES! kmh...im to exited

Wait, are you going with that? 

What about valkyr rework to make her ‘useful’ in the new system? :clem:

Только что, GinKenshin сказал:

Wait, are you going with that?

Oh yes i am.

Только что, GinKenshin сказал:

What about valkyr rework to make her ‘useful’ in the new system? :clem:

Its not about making her usefull with new melee system, its about fixing her old problems and making her into The Great And Powerfull Death Machine once again

Edited by NoLazyShadow

The issue i have with the previously proposed changes is that rather than bringing down the overpowered pieces and enhancing the rest of the system, they proposed adding a few gimmicks while nerfing everything around the maiming strike aspects without actually fixing with the actual issues. They talked about nerfing range, nerfing the combo counter, and removing channeling, while buffing all melee damage significantly to account for all the nerfs... But the buffs wouldn't come close to making up for the nerfs, and it would just serve to make maiming strike closer to being necessary... I just hope they fix the problem, rather than ruin the system to avoid upsetting people that lean on maiming strike and related builds as a crutch.

Edited by Tarak

My estimate is next Wednesday, or the Wednesday after that. They've said it's pretty close to done. And Revenant and his fancy new sword is most likely accompanying it.

Thoughts are... unknown. I'm concerned about what they showed and suggested, but that was long enough ago and with enough feedback that I'm pretty certain they'll have changed it for the better.

My hopes is that it'll make different melee catagories, and maybe even some specific weapons, more distinct. Because right now, they don't feel very different, with a few exceptions. For example, that amazing Jat Kittag charge attack that I am mystified as to why they removed it.

1 hour ago, Tarak said:

The issue i have with the previously proposed changes is that rather than bringing down the overpowered pieces and enhancing the rest of the system, they proposed adding a few gimmicks while nerfing everything around the maiming strike aspects without actually fixing with the actual issues. They talked about nerfing range, nerfing the combo counter, and removing channeling, while buffing all melee damage significantly to account for all the nerfs... But the buffs wouldn't come close to making up for the nerfs, and it would just serve to make maiming strike closer to being necessary... I just hope they fix the problem, rather than ruin the system to avoid upsetting people that lean on maiming strike and related builds as a crutch.

Actually they have said that they are buffing the range on most melee weapons by more than a noticeable amount.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)ForerunnerKnight said:

Actually they have said that they are buffing the range on most melee weapons by more than a noticeable amount.

Image result for praying meme gif

And by God I of course mean DE.

DON'T FORGET THE IRON STAFF. IT NEEDS MORE RANGE. GIVE ME RANGE. GIIIIIIIIVE.

14 hours ago, (PS4)ForerunnerKnight said:

Yes, but are heavily nerfing range mods, and on average it likely that this is to bring max weapon ranges in from their current 'excessive' ranges. This will likely serve to mostly just make shot range weapons break even while reducing longer weapons significantly. That said though, I've said for some time range mods should be made static in the increase they offer to better enhance short weapons while keeping long weapons in a reasonable range so... Im not *really* complaining about this, but it is part of the discussion.

Edited by Tarak