Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jupiter visible from Tharsis, Mars

aisolon123

So this is probably nitpicking but when I was doing the hijack mission on mars I noticed it was using the corpus ice planet tile set. Fair enough, Mars' poles are covered in ice but then I decided to look up and BAM, Jupiter was covering half of the sky. I know it probably takes way to much work to change the whole mission/tile set/backdrop for the few people that will notice it, but yeah...I tought it was worth mentioning, so now you know.

41 minutes ago, aisolon123 said:

So this is probably nitpicking but when I was doing the hijack mission on mars I noticed it was using the corpus ice planet tile set. Fair enough, Mars' poles are covered in ice but then I decided to look up and BAM, Jupiter was covering half of the sky. I know it probably takes way to much work to change the whole mission/tile set/backdrop for the few people that will notice it, but yeah...I tought it was worth mentioning, so now you know.

They have other problems with the immersion here.  Going to the planet during the cutscene I've reported that we're no longer  seeing any sort of progression to which planet you're lander is going to.  I was going to earth and saw the Saturn cutscene.  I was confused for a moment as I thought I was going to Earth at the time.  

I reported it already, but at this point it's all about waiting.  

I guess DE know it, the Venus Plains are even cold and not hot.

Let's not mix up the misplaced skyboxes with an established terraforming operation in the lore, shall we? 😉 

Edited by Aldrr

1 hour ago, HansLuft778 said:

I guess DE know it, the Venus Plains are even cold and not hot.

... yes... your point being? We do have lore explanations for the strange conditions of Venus (although DE did need years to establish them).

Are you suggesting that DE will explain why Jupiter is visible, instead of this being an obvious bug coming from an obvious asset re-use?