Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Frame Fighter Gonna Replace Conclave?

Tellakey

19 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Are you confused? The death of Trials had nothing to do with the release of Eidolons. The only connection is that once Trials were confirmed to be removed, the game mode's rewards were migrated onto Eidolons. Eidolons were also not a precedent to remove Trials: they were old and sad and broken, and DE decided it was their time to be put in the garage.

But on the thread's topic, I highly doubt Frame Fighter granting Conclave Standing would "kill" Conclave. Unless it offered more Standing per session than standard Conclave, all it would do is offer players a less serious PVP method of acquiring Conclave mods. DE already tried doing this with Lunaro, which failed due to its long history of exploitable gameplay (shove-spam etc) and horrendous P2P connections which made an even-remotely-enjoyable match a rare thing.

There are people who play Conclave and don't like it, but grind it for the rewards. If there were a way for those people to gain Conclave standing without having to play a game mode they don't enjoy. I fail to see how that's bad.

Or this could just be another Happy Zephyr. Either way, I'm interested.

Well said.

I personally hope it awards Conclave points as well.

Should it take LONGER to cap the daily amount than regular Conclave? Absolutely. Let's not dis-service the Conclave Community (even if it is small).

But allowing folks to earn points in a much more enjoyable (no offense PVPers), laid back, & chill mode is a damn good idea.

As I stated earlier. The fact FF won't use any mods & well everything that creates a power creep/uneven field in Conclave makes it very laid back. Folks will play just to play it essentially.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Sasuke 99I said:

I can’t see Frame Fighter replacing conclave. It’s just too different. I enjoy fighting games so I’ll probably enjoy Frame Fighter. I can’t see it appealing to the majority of Warframe’s audience. It is just too different from Warframe’s core gameplay.

I see it being well received. Especially because it's so different.

It's a break from the base game but with all the repeatable fun fighting games have.

(As long as they avoid the crazy Mortal Kombat & Tekken like combos/mechanics...)

I see many folks doing it to pass time, & talk smack to their friends.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Get your elitist crap right the hell outta here.  You can't tell someone their facts are "wrong", then back up your argument with assumptions.  Hell, that's bad "PR" for you, dude.

And damn, if I played a drinking game for every time I read the term "Strawman" used on these forums when it needn't be, I'd be...well, hell, I'd probably be dead. 

Where I get my facts and how true someone else's statements are, are mutually exclusive. You don't need one to be true for the other to occur.

I'm sure you knew that,though

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

8 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Also...now who's "strawmanning"?

None of what you've presented is fact.  You're making assumptions.  Prove me wrong with straight up facts, with references, and I'll recant this statement...but you can't and you won't.

And stop offering to carry someone, calling them "someone who never plays the game", then being all "but I don't wanna be condescending".  Warframe is better off without people like that in our playerbase, thanks.   Stop judging people by their profiles, ya damn elitist.

For all you know, it's a smurf acct.  I mean hell...it's as likely as whatever crap you're purporting to be true.

It's not a smurf account. He spoke to me in PM'S,and anyone who knows him on the forums knows this.

With all due respect, you're missing alot of context coming into this discussion. 

Is it really elitist to offer to help someone? Do you not think that someone who plays the game has more valid opinions than someone who is trying to choose between Tenno, grinder and corpos?

Also, you're using the word "strawmanning" wrong. 

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

3 hours ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

Where I get my facts and how true someone else's statements are, are mutually exclusive. You don't need one to be true for the other to occur.

I'm sure you knew that,though

That doesn't make your assumptions any more fact-based, kiddo.

3 hours ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

It's not a smurf account. He spoke to me in PM'S,and anyone who knows him on the forums knows this.

With all due respect, you're missing alot of context coming into this discussion. 

Is it really elitist to offer to help someone? Do you not think that someone who plays the game has more valid opinions than someone who is trying to choose between Tenno, grinder and corpos?

Also, you're using the word "strawmanning" wrong. 

Are you REALLY going to try and defend how much of a pompous ass you're being to someone else?  Just because they don't play the content you deem as "necessary" does not mean they don't play the game.  Warframe is wonderful in that there are a multitude of ways to "play" it and enjoy content.  There's no excuse or reason for being so judgmental. And offering help as a tongue-in-cheek insult isn't offering anything at all besides an excuse to stretch your ego.

If you want to actually help, first identify that there is any issue at all. They never said they needed help, so don't assume they're needing to be saved in the first place.  Secondly, you declared your opinions of them as facts, as if just because they didn't complete x, y, or z, they're noobs or amateurs, and that is definitely not the case -at all-.  THAT is why I'm calling you an elitist.   At no point did that player make any comments that showed a lack of understanding, only a lack of agreement with your opinions.

I don't care if someone disagrees with me, but you do NOT blatantly disrespect another Tenno like that, calling them noobs and such, for no good reason, nor should you be misrepresenting the facts with your own opinions.  Discussion is fine, dictating is not.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Well said.

I personally hope it awards Conclave points as well.

Should it take LONGER to cap the daily amount than regular Conclave? Absolutely. Let's not dis-service the Conclave Community (even if it is small).

But allowing folks to earn points in a much more enjoyable (no offense PVPers), laid back, & chill mode is a damn good idea.

As I stated earlier. The fact FF won't use any mods & well everything that creates a power creep/uneven field in Conclave makes it very laid back. Folks will play just to play it essentially.

I see it being well received. Especially because it's so different.

It's a break from the base game but with all the repeatable fun fighting games have.

(As long as they avoid the crazy Mortal Kombat & Tekken like combos/mechanics...)

I see many folks doing it to pass time, & talk smack to their friends.

I agree, I think it could be a nice change of pace.  Honestly, I'm fine with it being a new mini-game, as well.  I think those are wonderful little bits of fun to side-track us and give us a reprieve from the normal hack'n'slash (which I love) grind.   

What I think WOULD be fun would be if we could install it in our Dojos as an Arcade Machine, so we could compete with people directly and get clanmates involved.   I think that'd be awesome!   

As for crazy combos, people are no doubt going to whine "but we Frame Fighter "vets" demand more complexity!  Where are the rewards!?  Blah blah blah...." so I'm sure down the line there will be depth added IF the game mode gains attention.  But for now, for what it appears to be, which is just a simple for-funsies mode, I think it'll be a ton of fun 🙂

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

That doesn't make your assumptions any more fact-based, kiddo

No, it doesn't. But I don't need to be to prove him wrong. You should know that. 

Are you REALLY going to try and defend how much of a pompous ass you're being to someone else? 

Not defending it at all, actually. Not even commenting on my "pompous" behaviour. You can call me what you like, and you're probably right. Doesn't make me any less correct, though.

Just because they don't play the content you deem as "necessary" does not mean they don't play the game.

When you offer opinions on parts of the game that you don't play, that's when it becomes important. Are you going to take advice on fighting eidolons by someone who hasn't cleared mercury? More power to you, I guess. 

And offering help as a tongue-in-cheek insult isn't offering anything at all besides an excuse to stretch your ego.

The offer for help was genuine. If he wants to set his ego aside and accept it, more power to him. Not likely, though. 

I don't care if someone disagrees with me, but you do NOT blatantly disrespect another Tenno like that, calling them noobs and such, for no good reason, nor should you be misrepresenting the facts with your own opinions.  Discussion is fine, dictating is not.

except there is a good reason. It's true. You can't get a better reason than that. The proof is in the profile. 

If you want to actually help, first identify that there is any issue at all.

Already been done, though not by me. 

Secondly, you declared your opinions of them as facts, as if just because they didn't complete x, y, or z, they're noobs or amateurs, and that is definitely not the case -at all-.  THAT is why I'm calling you an elitist.

So calling out someone for voicing several incorrect opinions on raids when they have never done even one makes me an elitist? Glad to be an elitist, then. 

At no point did that player make any comments that showed a lack of understanding, only a lack of agreement with your opinions.

Actually, their comments have been shut down entirely (again, not by me, but by a friend of mine), to the point that they haven't replied because they can't.

I'll say this again: you're missing the context of this discussion. Moral-grandstanding for fake internet points just looks pretentious.

Finally: stop derailing this thread. If you want to moral grandstand, PM me.  

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

29 minutes ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

No, it doesn't. But I don't need to be to prove him wrong. You should know that. 

Not defending it at all, actually. Not even commenting on my "pompous" behaviour. You can call me what you like, and you're probably right. Doesn't make me any less correct, though.

When you offer opinions on parts of the game that you don't play, that's when it becomes important. Are you going to take advice on fighting eidolons by someone who hasn't cleared mercury? More power to you, I guess. 

The offer for help was genuine. If he wants to set his ego aside and accept it, more power to him. Not likely, though. 

except there is a good reason. It's true. You can't get a better reason than that. The proof is in the profile. 

So calling out someone for voicing several incorrect opinions on raids when they have never done even one makes me an elitist? Glad to be an elitist, then. 

Actually, their comments have been shut down entirely (again, not by me, but by a friend of mine), to the point that they haven't replied because they can't.

I'll say this again: you're missing the context of this discussion. Moral-grandstanding for fake internet points just looks pretentious.  

Give it up. The dude is full of logical fallacies. I've been there. 

Edit: Not taking sides here per se, because I disagree with some of your comments too, but just... don't even go there with that guy.

Edited by Tellakey

20 minutes ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

Finally: stop derailing this thread. If you want to moral grandstand, PM me.  

I have read this entire thread from start to finish, so I'm well-informed, and as someone who HAS run Trials, I can say he's right in his supposed assumptions.  So, gonna call me a noob too?

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I have read this entire thread from start to finish, so I'm well-informed, and as someone who HAS run Trials, I can say he's right in his supposed assumptions.  So, gonna call me a noob too?

Actually, the context extends outside of this thread, so you still aren't as well informed as you think. 

Not going to call you a noob based on your claim that you've run trials. I'd need more evidence than that.