Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva - progressive reward

(PSN)creativedsign

I know its been mentioned before but I am still surprised that community is not bombarding DE with this. 

Kuva - rivens flood out trade chats, we get more of them knowing that we have limited riven space per person. So math goes - we will be running out of riven spaces. No one wants to hold a pointless riven - stats are more important then unrolled rivers and for that we need kuva. I have 2 Zenith rivens one rolled 103 times another one 51 trying to get DMG+CC+CD so DE I'm trying! But no efficient way to get kuva. 

Please, reward people who make an effort to run them endless kuva missions with progressively higher amounts... Even if its just +100 kuva per filtration every 20 mins. But so far ppl do 20 mins and leave. And I can't blame them for that. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

I am still surprised that community is not bombarding DE with this. 

DE has explicitly said they are completely uninterested in scaling things in endless missions, Kuva Survival especially. People do 20 and leave because that is what DE is designing the game around, not 7 hour slogs to get optimal results.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

And community is OK with this? 

The devs of the game have said no. There's literally no other way to get said feature into the game. To them, this feature is like turning all the frames into photorealistic humans. It just is not in line with their view of their game.

9 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The devs of the game have said no. There's literally no other way to get said feature into the game. To them, this feature is like turning all the frames into photorealistic humans. It just is not in line with their view of their game.

They game is nothing without players. Dictatorship won't work. But we will see - sitting silently is also not an option here.

1 minute ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

They game is nothing without players.

Well the devs fought rather hard to make the game that publishers had 0 interest in. So there would be no players without the devs and their drive to make their ideal game.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

Dictatorship won't work.

Were you under the impression this was a democracy?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

But we will see - sitting silently is also not an option here.

The devs have to care about the overall health of the game. They have to make a game that people are playing today, tomorrow, years from now. The community made it's case and the devs still said no.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Well the devs fought rather hard to make the game that publishers had 0 interest in. So there would be no players without the devs and their drive to make their ideal game.

Were you under the impression this was a democracy?

The devs have to care about the overall health of the game. They have to make a game that people are playing today, tomorrow, years from now. The community made it's case and the devs still said no.

Well u r wrong in all 3 aspects probably coz u dont work in software development industry. 

"So there would be no players without the devs and their drive to make their ideal game."

There will be players - just not on WF. See players always have options to play other games. When developers screw up - they screw up they business. 

Democracy part comes from the first statement - if developers will ignore players, players will move on to the next best thing - after all this is a constantly evolving and moving industry. This game is not new - so they have to work extra hard to keep players satisfied and entertained ... So any sign dictatorship Will damage them. 

Ur 3rd statement is correct - they made a game for US, and if US unsatisfied - its they responsibility to fix it 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

Well u r wrong in all 3 aspects probably coz u dont work in software development industry. 

"So there would be no players without the devs and their drive to make their ideal game."

There will be players - just not on WF. See players always have options to play other games. When developers screw up - they screw up they business. 

Democracy part comes from the first statement - if developers will ignore players, players will move on to the next best thing - after all this is a constantly evolving and moving industry. This game is not new - so they have to work extra hard to keep players satisfied and entertained ... So any sign dictatorship Will damage them. 

Ur 3rd statement is correct - they made a game for US, and if US unsatisfied - its they responsibility to fix it 

That's a selfish way of looking at it....

Another way:

Devs made a game that attracted player interest. There literally would never have been the game for the gamers without the developers. Kuva not scaling isn't a screw up its a design choice.

Its not a political system, its a development cycle. The developers take in feedback, sort it based on what they see is good for the game and what isn't in the design document to help keep the game to their idea. Sometimes that even means crushing a popular idea. 

What are you even trying to get at with that last line? That entitlement is disappointing.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

10 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

That's a selfish way of looking at it....

Another way:

Devs made a game that attracted player interest. There literally would never have been the game for the gamers without the developers. Kuva not scaling isn't a screw up its a design choice.

Its not a political system, its a development cycle. The developers take in feedback, sort it based on what they see is good for the game and what isn't in the design document to help keep the game to their idea. Sometimes that even means crushing a popular idea. 

What are you even trying to get at with that last line? That entitlement is disappointing.

And ur point is not selfish? I'm a developer and I will do whatever I want and u player gotta deal with it... Yeah dude, this is not how it works. U r right that the game wouldn't exist without development effort (technically without investments)... But they r still a business and they will not exist without a player. Its a circle ... The difference is game can't exist without players, but players can normally exist without the game since its not the only one. And in software developing world this us the struggle - ive been in this business for 20+ years, if users will feel neglected and ignored - they will move on. And developer will close they servers. Need an example? Recently closed servers of Paragon, or which month closing Evolve. Both free to play, both failed because they failed to deliver endgame and satisfy players or broke the game with an unbalanced path in case of evolve. Please, if u dont understand intricacy of software development and marketing process - use common sense. And like I said WF won't exist without players, but players will still be playing ps4 without WF. 

Just now, (PS4)creativedsign said:

And ur point is not selfish? I'm a developer and I will do whatever I want and u player gotta deal with it... Yeah dude, this is not how it works. U r right that the game wouldn't exist without development effort (technically without investments)... But they r still a business and they will not exist without a player. Its a circle ... The difference is game can't exist without players, but players can normally exist without the game since its not the only one. And in software developing world this us the struggle - ive been in this business for 20+ years, if users will feel neglected and ignored - they will move on. And developer will close they servers. Need an example? Recently closed servers of Paragon, or which month closing Evolve. Both free to play, both failed because they failed to deliver endgame and satisfy players or broke the game with an unbalanced path in case of evolve. Please, if u dont understand intricacy of software development and marketing process - use common sense. And like I said WF won't exist without players, but players will still be playing ps4 without WF. 

You're rude you know that? I'm simply providing the other side of the argument. And for your information, I am going into game design as a career. I see things from the side of being a developer AND a consumer. There needs to be a balance, an entirely consumer driven design process is chaotic and unreliable due to the spread of desires for the game that include a failure to see long term in their ideas. I don't mean that as an insult, but its something I've noticed.

Developers do need to listen to their playerbase, but they also need to be able to step back and look at what exactly would happen if they implement the feedback. For example if kuva did scale, they'd have to lower the initial payout and then decide what point is too far for scaling since people do have their ways of gaming the system. If a person gets 30,000(as example) of a "rare" resource in one run due to the ability to negate danger is that fine?

Also Evolve was mostly a betrayal of consumer trust of a different vein than this argument. They dug their own hole a different way. Remember the fact it wasn't free to play before?

4 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

You're rude you know that? I'm simply providing the other side of the argument. And for your information, I am going into game design as a career. I see things from the side of being a developer AND a consumer. There needs to be a balance, an entirely consumer driven design process is chaotic and unreliable due to the spread of desires for the game that include a failure to see long term in their ideas. I don't mean that as an insult, but its something I've noticed.

Developers do need to listen to their playerbase, but they also need to be able to step back and look at what exactly would happen if they implement the feedback. For example if kuva did scale, they'd have to lower the initial payout and then decide what point is too far for scaling since people do have their ways of gaming the system. If a person gets 30,000(as example) of a "rare" resource in one run due to the ability to negate danger is that fine?

Also Evolve was mostly a betrayal of consumer trust of a different vein than this argument. They dug their own hole a different way. Remember the fact it wasn't free to play before?

Honest - not rude. I didn't yet call u names. And ive been in this business for 20+ years so ... Good luck with ur career if u believe in this kinda fairy tails. And u r getting off topic with ur negativity. 

All I said - there is no efficient wait to farm kuva, does community feel like it would improve with implementation of progressive rewards. If DE just doesn't wanna forget it without any logical reasoning - whatever. But its our obligation to make out opinions heard. That's all I asked. If u want to give up on bringing this subject up to the developers - then its ur right. But dont argue against others trying to improve quality of life in this game. Taaadaaa

7 minutes ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

Honest - not rude. I didn't yet call u names. And ive been in this business for 20+ years so ... Good luck with ur career if u believe in this kinda fairy tails. And u r getting off topic with ur negativity. 

All I said - there is no efficient wait to farm kuva, does community feel like it would improve with implementation of progressive rewards. If DE just doesn't wanna forget it without any logical reasoning - whatever. But its our obligation to make out opinions heard. That's all I asked. If u want to give up on bringing this subject up to the developers - then its ur right. But dont argue against others trying to improve quality of life in this game. Taaadaaa

I wasn't arguing that players can't express their views, I was arguing against the idea that developers have to listen to and implement EVERY suggestion. I did so because that's what I was seriously getting from your post. My comment about rudeness was in regards to your "my opinion is better cause i have experience" comments such as "Well u r wrong in all 3 aspects probably coz u dont work in software development industry. 

I am simply stating my facts. Not negativity.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

I agree that the amount of kuva should increase the longer you do Taveuni survival. Stronger enemies should mean better rewards but Warframe isn´t really balanced well so I´d suggest a failsave in order to prevent abuse. For example the amount of additional Kuva gets higher by a certain amount (for example 10%) for every rotation but at the same time this amount will be lower the further you progress.

1st rota = 200 

2nd rota = 210 (+10% * base)

3rd rota = 219 (210 + 9% * base)

4th rota = 235.2 (219 + 8.1% * base)

5th rota = ......    (235 + 7.29% * base)

The % increase is reduced by 10% for each rota which teoretically offers an infinit amount of progression but you will never cross a certain amount.

Edited by Arcira

On 2018-08-11 at 4:05 AM, Arcira said:

I agree that the amount of kuva should increase the longer you do Taveuni survival. Stronger enemies should mean better rewards but Warframe isn´t really balanced well so I´d suggest a failsave in order to prevent abuse. For example the amount of additional Kuva gets higher by a certain amount (for example 10%) for every rotation but at the same time this amount will be lower the further you progress.

1st rota = 200 

2nd rota = 210 (+10% * base)

3rd rota = 219 (210 + 9% * base)

4th rota = 235.2 (219 + 8.1% * base)

5th rota = ......    (235 + 7.29% * base)

The % increase is reduced by 10% for each rota which teoretically offers an infinit amount of progression but you will never cross a certain amount.

I like that. Again, something is better then nothing - at least it will also gonna give us a reason to test them OP weapons that we mod to take down LvL 200 enemies same weapons we use every day to fight lve 20-30 dumb dumbs lol