Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project Overkill

(PSN)chubbslawson

With project overkill you got your choice of four assassins that you get dropped in on missions in your sole purpose is to kill everything and you get a melee weapon a primary weapon and some type or hand grenades and you  just go through killing everything and then get lifted out   It is extremely similar to war frame

Everything takes inspiration from everything. All that matters is how it uses that inspiration. Warframe is a 3rd person horde shooter. There are tons of games that fit that description. Warframe is unique that it gives you the more than just shooting. You have powers, you have melee, you can build a squad of other players or take an ai with you. 

So to answer your question, maybe, maybe not. Nothing wrong with getting inspired by something so long as it isn't a full copy/paste.

The more I play Warframe the more I'm convinced there has never really been a game that allows such freedom of movement in such an enjoyable and attainable way.

Yes, a 3rd person shooter/hack n slash has been seen before and all things can be related to all other things if you are prepared to accept the most tenuous of circumstances. 

But it's the movement that feels unique.

I ask, does it feel anywhere near as organic or instinctive to jump about and attack enemies in Cod?

Or Devil May Cry?

Or any of the newer Batman games?

All have differing elements and have melee or gun play or lots of diving and rolling.

Yet none, or any other game I've played, makes the player feel as powerful as Warframe.

I can slide into a group of enemies, tracing blood as I slice them into pieces, instantly dive out of danger and spring up into a spinning jump, fly across the room hacking at another enemy on my way down, still in mind air, before landing gracefully with a gun drawn and blast away into the face of the last enemy still standing...all in the blink of an eye, and done in a seamless ballet of carnage.

When it works, it really works.

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00

2 hours ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

The more I play Warframe the more I'm convinced there has never really been a game that allows such freedom of movement in such an enjoyable and attainable way.

Yes, a 3rd person shooter/hack n slash has been seen before and all things can be related to all other things if you are prepared to accept the most tenuous of circumstances. 

But it's the movement that feels unique.

I ask, does it feel anywhere near as organic or instinctive to jump about and attack enemies in Cod?

Or Devil May Cry?

Or any of the newer Batman games?

All have differing elements and have melee or gun play or lots of diving and rolling.

Yet none, or any other game I've played, makes the player feel as powerful as Warframe.

I can slide into a group of enemies, tracing blood as I slice them into pieces, instantly dive out of danger and spring up into a spinning jump, fly across the room hacking at another enemy on my way down, still in mind air, before landing gracefully with a gun drawn and blast away into the face of the last enemy still standing...all in the blink of an eye, and done in a seamless ballet of carnage.

When it works, it really works.

Warframe does have the best movement by far of any game that lve played