Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx rework

(PSN)Mahd2_7

Now after rewatching the announced Nyx rework I have come to a conclusion that a buffing ability wouldn't be as helpful as a debuffing ability on Nyx as her kit is based on something that what this buff ability isn't. Is it just me or does she need a debuff ability and not a buffing ability 

I agree that a debuff makes more sense in relation to the rest of Nyx's abilities since she has always been a CC centric frame. And I'm very sure DE also thinks the same thing. There's probably nothing to worry about.

Edited by LightsFrame

1 minute ago, LightsFrame said:

I agree that a debuff makes more sense in relation to the rest of Nyx's abilities since she has always been a CC centric frame. And I'm very sure DE also thinks the same thing. There's probably nothing to worry about.

I wonder how long will people say "i trust DE", considering we've been getting reworks and nerfs from them that clearly show they do not understand the game they play

3 minutes ago, SubExodus said:

I wonder how long will people say "i trust DE", considering we've been getting reworks and nerfs from them that clearly show they do not understand the game they play

I mean, I just said there's probably nothing to worry about. It seems like a simple rework to me. But you're right, DE does have a track record of making nonsensical changes.

Nyx has always been one of my go to frames and is easily one if not my favorite frame ... and i dont think she needs a big rework maybe a slight buff or tweak to her abillities physic bolts is not a bad skill at all i use it often to take out the last enemy stuck in a mission or the enemies stuck in walls and ceilings and it does the job very well use the skill 3-5 times and the enemy is dead even in high lvl mission 200+ ... it would be nice if physic bolts were stronger but removing it seems like a bad idea to me if anything should be removed and replaced it should be her passive and give her something that makes sense to her CC kit since her passive often holds her back when using chaos 

to be honest im afraid of reworking her would ruin her as the psychic frame and make her less usefull than ppl already see her.

8 hours ago, ZearoW said:

Nyx has always been one of my go to frames and is easily one if not my favorite frame ... and i dont think she needs a big rework maybe a slight buff or tweak to her abillities physic bolts is not a bad skill at all i use it often to take out the last enemy stuck in a mission or the enemies stuck in walls and ceilings and it does the job very well use the skill 3-5 times and the enemy is dead even in high lvl mission 200+ ... it would be nice if physic bolts were stronger but removing it seems like a bad idea to me if anything should be removed and replaced it should be her passive and give her something that makes sense to her CC kit since her passive often holds her back when using chaos 

to be honest im afraid of reworking her would ruin her as the psychic frame and make her less usefull than ppl already see her.

The part about Psychic Bolts being anything but an energy waste is completely delusional. Are you ok?

To put it simple - Nyx can only CC and she's a fairly bad one on it. The reason why she can CC is she's bad at everything else. It's that simple.

And her only real CC is her 3rd. Her 1st deals too little damage even with augment for DPS ability. Her 2nd is basically a rad proc and the proc's not even guaranteed. Her 3rd makes enemies shoot themselves and you too...and thanks to her passive it has a chance to disarm the enemies and subsequently remove their damage potential completely and on top of that they still hit you OMG so useful/s.

Her 4th makes you an immovable/crippled ball of tickles and the only thing you can do is not to die. 

There are ways to make her not tickling as well as keeping her psychic theme. It's all up to DE.

Edited by Marvelous_A

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

To put it simple - Nyx can only CC and she's a fairly bad one on it.

And her only real CC is her 3rd. Her 1st deals too little damage even with augment for DPS ability. Her 2nd is basically a rad proc and the proc's not even guaranteed. Her 3rd makes enemies shoot themselves and you too...and thanks to her passive it has a chance to disarm the enemies and subsequently remove their damage potential completely and on top of that they still hit you OMG so useful/s.

Her 4th makes you an immovable/crippled ball of tickles and the only thing you can do is not to die. 

Well, one thing isn't true. Enemies' melee does more damage than their guns

16 minutes ago, SubExodus said:

The part about Psychic Bolts being anything but an energy waste is completely delusional. Are you ok?

yes i am perfectly fine ... im just saying that i personally dont think Psychic bolts is as bad as ppl say it is yes i could better i would love for it to be better but i still find it usefull as it is atm and i would rather keep it and have it tweaked or buffed than completely replace it.. its fine that you dont like it and want something else thats your opinion. 

3 minutes ago, SubExodus said:

Well, one thing isn't true. Enemies' melee does more damage than their guns

You hope it's true. If disarming them increases their DPS, Loki will be a better psychic CC frame coz he has 100% chacne to disarm and gives rad proc and Nyx loses the sole reason to exist.

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

You hope it's true. If disarming them increases their DPS, Loki will be a better psychic CC frame coz he has 100% chacne to disarm and gives rad proc and Nyx loses the sole reason to exist.

That is the reality, that's why Nyx needs a lot of changes. Sadly most of Warframe's community is content with frames being bad for some reason

• 2 weeks later...

For a company of only about 250 employees, I think DE is doing an awesome jog. But as far as removing Psychic Bolts, that would ruin her for me. It would be like taking Ash's Shurikens away. If anything, making them more useful would encourage people to us them more. They are a little week for the amount of energy you have to use on them. But I do spam them all the time when I use her.

1 minute ago, Shadow1271 said:

For a company of only about 250 employees, I think DE is doing an awesome jog. But as far as removing Psychic Bolts, that would ruin her for me. It would be like taking Ash's Shurikens away. If anything, making them more useful would encourage people to us them more. They are a little week for the amount of energy you have to use on them. But I do spam them all the time when I use her.

Psychic bolts is truly waste of energy...

Sadly I think it needs to go. Chaos should be her 2nd ability and 3rd ability should be a debuff (Like Rebecca said that her new ability would be a potential debuff).

Since Nyx can't cc as efficiently as say upcoming Revenant/disarm Loki maybe she needs a bit of debuffs/buffs for allies.

i have an idea. Nyx can have an ability called Confuse. she disappears from enemy sights but if she attacks, confusion comes of. it’s an exalted ability. she can have a spear, stab it into the ground and it activates. she can also hit enemies with it, and if she hits once it confuses them, if they’re outside her radius, and she hits someone with her normal melee, or double hits with her exalted spear, she is visible.

and since nyx is all about the mind, this deceptive trick seems to be the one for me. idk about everyone else. 

Edited by (PS4)BloodyUser0

Make Chaos have larger base range.
Absorb have the augment movement from the start, and aggro over the visible room.
Replace psy bolts with a 360 wide spread psy bolt like Typhoon from Deus Ex HR. http://www.ign.com/wikis/deus-ex-human-revolution/Typhoon_Explosive_System
Ditch mind control, make a berserker ability where the affected Target's base damage shoots up 400% and it goes wild on everyone, balanced by Nyx being able to take damage if she's in range.
Her passive changed completely. Any enemy within visible range of Nyx is slowed down, or their weapon draw/ fire speed is decreased. That or every enemy affected by chaos makes typhoon psy bolts more potent against them.

My two cents.

Here's my take on a Nyx rework:

1.  Mind Control: Mind control an enemy, increase attack speed and movement speed 25%-100%(percentages can change for balance reasons), and add 500% damage increase.
    • Augment: Control up to 5 enemies total. (Number of enemies can be changed for balance reasons)
  2. Psychic Bolts: Shoot Bolts that damage enemies. Deal 5x more damage to enemies under the effect of Chaos (damage multiplier can be changed for balance reasons). OR increase Psychic Bolts damage in correlation to how much damage has been absorbed using Nyx's Absorb ability (no damage cap).
    • Augment: Increase Psychic Bolts damage 5x per Mind Controlled enemy (damage multiplier can be changed for balance reasons). OR increase Psychic Bolts damage in correlation to how much damage has been absorbed using Nyx's Absorb ability (no damage cap).
  3. Chaos: No changes needed.
    • Augment: No changes needed.
  4. Absorb: Create a bubble around Nyx that absorbs damage. Nyx can use her ranged weapons. Allies can no longer feed the bubble any damage.
    • Augment: Nyx can move and roll just like Mesa's augment, whilst having a smaller absorb bubble.
  5. Passive Ability: Psychic ability to highlight tough enemy classes (Bombards, Heavy Gunner etc.) for Nyx and everyone in the party to make it easier to know where the dangerous targets are, as well as to make them easier for Nyx to identify high priority Mind Control targets.

What say you, people?

Edited by OldSoulBiz

4 hours ago, OldSoulBiz said:

Here's my take on a Nyx rework:

1.  Mind Control: Mind control an enemy, increase attack speed and movement speed 25%-100%(percentages can change for balance reasons), and add 500% damage increase.
    • Augment: Control up to 5 enemies total. (Number of enemies can be changed for balance reasons)
  2. Psychic Bolts: Shoot Bolts that damage enemies. Deal 5x more damage to enemies under the effect of Chaos (damage multiplier can be changed for balance reasons). OR increase Psychic Bolts damage in correlation to how much damage has been absorbed using Nyx's Absorb ability (no damage cap).
    • Augment: Increase Psychic Bolts damage 5x per Mind Controlled enemy (damage multiplier can be changed for balance reasons). OR increase Psychic Bolts damage in correlation to how much damage has been absorbed using Nyx's Absorb ability (no damage cap).
  3. Chaos: No changes needed.
    • Augment: No changes needed.
  4. Absorb: Create a bubble around Nyx that absorbs damage. Nyx can use her ranged weapons. Allies can no longer feed the bubble any damage.
    • Augment: Nyx can move and roll just like Mesa's augment, whilst having a smaller absorb bubble.
  5. Passive Ability: Psychic ability to highlight tough enemy classes (Bombards, Heavy Gunner etc.) for Nyx and everyone in the party to make it easier to know where the dangerous targets are, as well as to make them easier for Nyx to identify high priority Mind Control targets.

What say you, people?

i thought they want to get rid of psychic bolts not make it better...