Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opposite Gender Skins

(PSN)deadbyfaith

Since the late game of this game is all about the Fashion Framing, I figured it would be worth suggestion... why not make skins that are opposite gender of the Warframe?

I must point out that most of the female warframes in this game are sculpted rather nicely and have an amazing art to them. I definitely prefer to play my female warframes. There is just something magical about a bad ass lady kicking ass and taking names. Also, I think this would be a cool opportunity to see some really awesome designs for female versions of warframes like Rhino, Nidus, Atlas (even though there is Valkyre with her claws), and the like. I would certainly be putting money in to female all my warframes.

At the same time, I'm pretty sure warframes like Saryn, Ember and Mirage could have some pretty wicked lookin' male skins. But I prefer pretty things. xD

I think its actually quite a nice topic, ideas shouldnt be shot down just because you may not agree with them. 

I think improving customization and personalizations of warframes this way would be great for people who have a preference like this, and would further set warframe apart from its pears in its character selection regard, while it would be an undertaking to bring this too us i think this definitely should be given some serious thought! 

for instance gara was originally showcased as male, and was changed a bit before release. i remembered seeing it on stream but didnt see the change till launch. 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

for instance gara was originally showcased as male, and was changed a bit before release. i remembered seeing it on stream but didnt see the change till launch. 

Don't recall gara ever being showcased as male. Devs follow a male - female - male. release pattern. (barring the introduction of the chinese frames).

vor 14 Minuten schrieb (XB1)MasterProtector:

I think its actually quite a nice topic, ideas shouldnt be shot down just because you may not agree with them. 

I think improving customization and personalizations of warframes this way would be great for people who have a preference like this, and would further set warframe apart from its pears in its character selection regard, while it would be an undertaking to bring this too us i think this definitely should be given some serious thought! 

Ember was originally Male

Nyx was planned as Female Excalibur

Equinox is both.

Still: No. This idea was there many many times before, and the answer is always no. There will be no genderbending skins

Edited by LazerusKI

14 hours ago, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

Gara was Never showcased as male. It was a joke on from the community.

14 hours ago, LazerusKI said:

Ember was originally Male

Nyx was planned as Female Excalibur

Equinox is both.

Still: No. This idea was there many many times before, and the answer is always no. There will be no genderbending skins

EQUINOX IS NOT F**KING MALE.

DE has confirmed that all form of her are female! Why does this keep coming up!?

vor 22 Stunden schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

EQUINOX IS NOT F**KING MALE.

DE has confirmed that all form of her are female! Why does this keep coming up!?

maybe because there are still players that are also confused when they learn that Nezha is male? Sometimes the androgynous design can be confusing

also the originial quote was:

Zitat

Sorry for the confusion there!  Equinox is in fact a she, but she also has a masculine form.  'Gender' was the incorrect word to properly explain the difference in forms, and has since been properly edited to better reflect the nature of her abilities and (in the case of this Building Warframe piece) design background.

So while the frame is listed as female, she has both a masculine and feminine form. as i said, the confusing part with androgynous designs, you cant know until someone points it out, and nowhere in the game it is actually mentioned, you need to check the wiki for that.

Edited by LazerusKI

Well let's put it this way. Are you confident you can start a movement and convince the majority of the community to go something like 2 years or so with no new warframes or deluxe skins? One of the big reasons DE decided against alternate gender skins was that they could instead put that work into making an entire new frame. And while a new frame isn't major content, it's still new content. Something that Warframe consistently needs to stay alive.