Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Child Rooms - Fix it PLEASE! (RANT)

Spunt1nk

My Dojo's middle level is a very large matrix of 40 cross connecting corridors, rooms and reactors. it also have 3 elevators going to it from different sections and levels (every level of my Dojo has at least 2 ways to get to every level.
Now i want to Delete a room and an elevator in the middle that will not cut off access to any other part of the Dojo or anything else on that level but i cant due to Child Rooms. the ridiculous thing is it marked out over 40% of the rooms i have down there and most of them are reactor rooms. rooms i need as i have nearly hit capacity. 

please just remove/fix this ridiculous system. its broken and with all the new dojo decorations being released to the dojo one would thing they would look into some of the many complaints and issues like this and have them fixed. but no. instead we get rubbish that nobody asked for but we got anyways like Framefighter. time that the devs could have spent fixing issues that other players HAVE asked for like Children Rooms, FOV being locked to a stupid low number. clan room/size capacity. trades failing.

I have tried all the advice i can see online, nothing works.
thanks for reading my rant, Spunt out! 
*Drops Mic*

1 minute ago, baldy117 said:

if you cant make one properly then yes

There isn't a proper way to make a dojo. It's your dojo, you make it how you want it to be. There may be a "proper" way to make a dojo that is deconstructable... but we shouldn't have to build around a system that isn't explained at all (and seems to not even work properly in certain situations anyway) in case we want to redesign. It should just be as easy to redesign as it is to design.

Totally agree that child rooms need to be fixed. As long as destroying a room doesnt break anything, you should be allowed to destroy it. There isnt any reason on Earth for the current system which is effectively preventing you from re-designing. And who even thought it to be a good idea to make it so that to destroy an elevator you must destroy the whole floor first even if you have another elevator doing the same job as the old one?

PS Not liking the main post for that framefighter part. I think its enough to just say the point and not attack other, and fun, features.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand rooms that are a requirement for other rooms not being deleteable but with how I just ran into it the system is highly illogical.

For a start being able to go into an editor to freely move rooms around is needed but so too is a smart checking system 

1. Is this room a requirement for another room?

Would deleting this leave some rooms disconnected?