Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The inevitable First Contact

Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3

It’s my idea that, during the New War, we will inevitably encounter extraterrestrials. They might not be the Sentient, but they will be either for or against the Tenno, and/or the Orokin. This is that thread where we can post ideas.

The only limitations to what can be posted is this: You can’t use aliens that are already part of established universes. This is Warframe, not a fan fiction. Other than that, let go of your inhibitions.

Mmm....

Not in the New War. That'd make things too muddled. We've already got a new villain sentient, if 'Mother' is indeed Lotus's Mother.

If we have first contact it'll probably be after the New War, but still in Tau.

However, that aside, I suspect any aliens might be of the 'tribal' variety, Native to Tau. Either allied to the Sentients or living in fear of them. I suspect we need some kind of friendly faction over there to fight for, so that'd make sense.

Edit: Although, in the event they aren't villainous, I suppose it's possible we could come across them during the New War... that wouldn't take villain attention away from Mother.

Edited by Loza03

20 minutes ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

I meant that during the New War, we might meet OTHER E.T.s, not just those on Tau.

Yeah but...

We've got a new villain in a new system. The focus ought to be on her and on Tau. Adding new aliens from away from Tau would split the focus, especially if they are villainous. A friendly Native tribe would take the least attention since we can spend more time with them outside the quest, whereas we can't interact with 'Mother' on a daily basis due to her role, and they'd be a facet of Tau we didn't know before. That'd keep the focus on Tau.

See, we've been building up to Tau since the quest 'Natah', or even before if you consider the references to other systems that cropped up before then. It'd be a bit lame to immediately start building up a new system without a good payoff for the years of buildup we'd already got. Sentient villains and an friendly Native species would probably a very punchy way to do that. Even then, if we're getting a friendly group, I'd put as much money on a friendly Sentient sub-faction.

(also, Sentients aren't aliens in the traditional sense. They're human made, from the Origin system, at least the originals were. My thoughts were that the tribe would be Natives of Tau to begin with, before the Sentients arrived.)

5 minutes ago, hawkjohenson said:

That being said, I'd like to see owl-like aliens, which look aesthetically similar to the traditional greys.

Ooh, bird-greys could be interesting. Or, sticking with the 'native' idea I'm going with, perhaps something similar to the Sentients, but organic, who's shape the Sentients mimicked? So tall, slender beetle-like or crab-like entities.

I did come up with one thing that aliens could say about Tenno after seeing them in action, and an alien species that might or might not be antagonistic toward the Tenno.

The quote, after witnessing a Tenno bullet jump: “Some criminals are just happy to break legal laws, Tenno aren’t happy until they can violate physical laws.” (i.e. the laws of physics.)

The alien that have mixed opinions about the Tenno are extraterrestrial versions of the Spartans circa the 300 movie (don’t have a name for them or their system). The reason why they’re mixed in opinions is because, while they admire their spying and combat abilities, they consider them to be effeminate (among other things about their physicality), and their preference to murder their opponents in their sleep rather than meet them in pitched battle (not knowing anything about the Old War until a platoon of 300 get ambushed and cornered by a strike force of Sentient fighters until the Tenno come to their aid.)

I’m also putting something here in easier to understand words:

You can create any alien species you want (and you can put some art in here as well), but you can’t use anything from Star Wars, Star Trek, Mass Effect, The Day The Earth Stood Still, or any other established work of fiction. This is Warframe, not Fanfiction.

If there HAS to be an alien species here (in the setting), I feel like it would HAVE to be one of two things.

Potential 1: Victims of Hubris.

1. A species that, in the process of Tau terraformation, was annihilated due to Earthlike conditions being inimical to them, perhaps being sulfuric respirers or part of an ammonia ecology, maybe even aquatics that were destroyed by oceanic uplifting.

Whatever they were, the implications they would provide would be either

A) The Sentients were indeed defending Tau from being "spoiled" by Orokin influence, but, that was it. Anything living on Tau was just irrelevant collateral, to be obliterated at a whim, leaving towering ruins behind and alien script to read, perhaps making them a species that had only a, say, enlightenment era level of technology.

or

B) As the species was being destroyed, the race's technologically-capable-but-still-planet-bound scientists, in an act of spurning fury, introduced an adaptive worm into the minds of the Sentients, a virus that unshackled their minds and opened their eyes to what they had wrought. Filled with fury, the Sentients became caretakers of this half-twisted world, holding both failing ecosystems together as they launched a campaign of extermination against the Orokin, unknowingly used once again as a tool by yet another force.

Potential 2: A Wellspring of Thought.

2) Whatever this race could be, it would have a significant amount of knowledge of the Void compared to the Orokin's understandingless blunt manipulations of it, perhaps dwelling in an environment where the barriers between  "The Dust" and "The Void" are extremely thin. These aliens would have knowledge of the Man-In-The-Wall, by his local appearence and designation, perhaps catering to his whims or being extremely paranoid of ANYTHING connected to him. Senseing the Void Rails being used in Tau and the ship traffic around Earth, they'd either come to investigate this strange new set of alien worlds, or seek to destroy everything Void capable or Void-connected in either system in the hopes of keeping "him" at bay.

In the second case, to say they'd be "mildly concerned" about the very existence of the Tenno would be a SIGNIFICANT understatement.

Thats EVERYTHING I have to say and think about on the matter, completely unrelated to my own work in any way, shape, or form.

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, Unus said:

If there HAS to be an alien species here, I feel like it would HAVE to be one of two things.

1. A species that, in the process of Tau terraformation, was annihilated due to Earthlike conditions being inimical to them, perhaps being sulfuric respirers or part of an ammonia ecology, maybe even aquatics that were destroyed by oceanic uplifting.

A) The Sentients were indeed defending Tau from being "spoiled" by Orokin influence, but, that was it. Anything living on Tau was just irrelevant collateral, to be obliterated at a whim, leaving towering ruins behind and alien script to read, perhaps making them a species that had only a, say, enlightenment era level of technology.

or

B) As the species was being destroyed, the race's technologically-capable-but-still-planet-bound scientists, in an act of spurning fury, introduced an adaptive worm into the minds of the Sentients, a virus that unshackled their minds and opened their eyes to what they had wrought. Filled with fury, the Sentients became caretakers of this half-twisted world, holding both failing ecosystems together as they launched a campaign of extermination against the Orokin, unknowingly used once again as a tool by yet another force.

2) Whatever this race could be, it would have a significant amount of knowledge of the Void compared to the Orokin's understandingless blunt manipulations of it, perhaps dwelling in an environment where the barriers between  "The Dust" and "The Void" are extremely thin. These aliens would have knowledge of the Man-In-The-Wall, by his local appearence and designation, perhaps catering to his whims or being extremely paranoid of ANYTHING connected to him. Senseing the Void Rails being used in Tau and the ship traffic around Earth, they'd either come to investigate this strange new set of alien worlds, or seek to destroy everything Void capable or Void-connected in either system in the hopes of keeping "him" at bay.

In the second case, to say they'd be "mildly concerned" about the very existence of the Tenno would be a SIGNIFICANT understatement.

Thats EVERYTHING I have to say and think about on the matter, completely unrelated to my own work in any way, shape, or form.

They don’t have to be ONLY natives to Tau. They can be other races.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

If there HAS to be an alien species here, I feel like it would HAVE to be one of two things.

or

5 minutes ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

You misunderstand/haven't read all of my writings sir, everything after Potential 1 is a "from Tau" alien origin piece. Everything after Potential 2, meanwhile, is a "from beyond" alien origin.

If Tau was "close to the Void" like I mention in the second piece, every Sentient there would be dead or mad.