Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Crits Wont Happen If You Are Not Hosting 12 Min Vid To Prove It

Garuger

At the moment there is a huge bug that weapons wont crit if you are not hosting.

I show that bug with my 12 min vid ( first half is not hosting second half solo) in

1080P enjoy it and i hope it gets fixed it is very annoying 

(also how do i make the vid showing in forums instead just showing link?)

Edited by Garuger

This is a known bug, but it is not the same for all players. Some have reduced crit rate, some none at all, and some (such as me) are lucky and have normal crit rate.

This issue is easily provable by the people afflicted, but DE is having trouble pinning it down.

On a side note, I actually prefer to be a client when using crit weapons because another bug makes crits amazing. On host headshot crits do 4x as much as bodyshot crits. On clients they do 8x as much as bodyshot crits. This makes crit weapons twice as good if you are consistently headshotting.

Edited by egregiousRac

This is a known bug, but it is not the same for all players. Some have reduced crit rate, some none at all, and some (such as me) are lucky and have normal crit rate.

This issue is easily provable by the people afflicted, but DE is having trouble pinning it down.

You so lucky D:

Whatever the problem is, it's really not as universal as people keep screaming about. 75% Soma still crits more than 75% of it's shots when client, 20% crit Sobek still crits 20% of it's pellets, etc etc.

What this in turn means is that...it's not just the client/host setup.  It's a hell of a lot more than that, and people need to pin down what the difference between them and others not having the problem is, and start providing that.

has nothing at all to do with crit

if you are a guest, the game will not show overkill. only the amount of health the mob had left before dying. a 50,000 snipe crit on a level 1 grinner with 114 health will show, wait for it, 114.

If you do the same test as host, it will show 114, *and* 50,000.

more here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/166808-no-critical-shot-with-my-victis-when-im-not-host/

On the upside. The crit is actually still happening. Confirmed with berserker mod on melee, where the crit isn't seen (because it exceeds mob remaining health) but the buff gets triggered.

The only crit specific oddity between host and guest is on shotguns. If you are host you get a crit chance per pellet, but if you are a guest, that crit is per shot. i.e., as host 1 of 20 pellets in a single shot might crit; as guest, it is all or none.

if you want to embed the video put it in [ media ] tags. Also nobody wants to watch 12 minutes. 30 seconds of tight combat as guest and host would have been more than sufficient.

Edited by harly

As client, if non-crit damage kills an enemy then it won't roll for crit. Any time the crit damage would have mattered, it functions as normal.

Your high crit sniper rifle isn't critting very often? Congratulations! Your sniper rifle is so radical that it is killing guys in 1 shot without the help of crit.

Guest CrimsonCrown

As client, if non-crit damage kills an enemy then it won't roll for crit. Any time the crit damage would have mattered, it functions as normal.

Your high crit sniper rifle isn't critting very often? Congratulations! Your sniper rifle is so radical that it is killing guys in 1 shot without the help of crit.

That's not a fix for  Lanka who isn't completely doing that.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172347-please-fix-the-crit-bug/#entry2020370

Thanks for finally having a confirmation of this. Would be nice if you still got to see the crit numbers though. Threads like this will keep popping up unless this is made common knowledge. 

Why is the damage shown differently for clients?

Why are there so many things that simply don't work the same when you're a client, like effects of picking up oxygen never playing out, or sabotage screens not changing?

It's like the game wasn't designed for online gaming.

Why is the damage shown differently for clients?

Why are there so many things that simply don't work the same when you're a client, like effects of picking up oxygen never playing out, or sabotage screens not changing?

It's like the game wasn't designed for online gaming.

in order to keep the data that gets sent between Host and client to a minimum, therefore improve online play.  

Well, at least now we know something about it

Still. having crit builds and not landing a SINGLE CRIT doesn't feel very good.

It actually sucks.

It's like making a huge effort to get a good crit build and when you're finished: a big middle finger. because you're a client. so much fun.

Or we could have servers. Like just about every other F2P (or not) game around, even ones much less popular than WF.

DE hates servers though.

Are you offering to buy them for DE?  I would rather that money go towards adding things to the actual game!  Servers for this many players would be very expensive!

Edited by CannaWhoopazz

Oh wow this explains a lot! Thanks for the information, I thought my weapons were broken.

So it crits but not showing expect i am the host? What messed up logic is that?It makes no sense it is like being a passenger and being unable to see the speed that the drivers goes because you are not driving