Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Must-Have Warframes & Weapons For High Level / Endgame

NoeleVeerod

Question

Even though I have played Warframe for quite a long time now, I never bothered to delve into endgame, builds, and all that stuff that professionals and hardcore players know very well. Needless to say, this means I never bother playing at higher levels, the only exception being that Breeding Grounds mission with enemies at levels 55-65 (which to most pros doesn't mean much in terms of challenge).

What weapons, Warframes and mod builds would you suggest for a player that wants to step up his/her game and tackle the harder levels of this game? What loadouts do you employ to survive against enemies that can slap the brain out of your skull in one sweep or two?

(it's also true that long-term Defenses and Survivals make me fall asleep after a while, but that's not the point of the thread now D:)

Edited by Vintovka

honestly you can make almost every weapon or warframe work in a late game survival or defence with the right mods and a few forma

lately when I run long term survival on T4 tho I bring loki paris sicarus and glaive all primed

Edited by Omega224

My T4 Surv build(more of a team set up) which has gotten me to 65 mins

Nyx with Absorb build: Because after 40mins Enemies get into the Lvl 60+ range and everyone is either a Heavy Gunner or Eximus

Nekros with Desecrate build: This doesn't really need an explaination

Trinity: Her Link and Blessing is really a life saver if you go down 40mins+

And Loki with a Radial Disarm build: He automatically turns a room into an infested mission.

For Team Synergy: Loki drops Decoy right next to Nyx's Absorb so she draws double the attention, allowing pickups or escapes. Nekros/Loki are super squishy so Trinity helps out alot. The things about this set up is you really have to trust the people you're with, and they have to be alert/know what to do. Also after about 40-50mins when weapon dmg starts to fall off drastically, leave the damage part to Nyx, while you and the other teammates focus on Life Support. Hope i helped!

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Any warframe works fine in late game, tho some are in diffrent situations.

As for weapons,there are a few weapons that will work great, Boltor prime, Penta, Dread, Paris prime is a few good primarys, they all need some work and a few forma to preform at thier peak. Brakk, Lex prime, Marelok are a few favoritves of mine, but again needs some work for them to preform at thier best.

That said there are alot of other good weapons out there, most will need forma to be any good. Also, make sure to get your mods maxed out, specialy Heavy caliber, Serration, hornet strike, Vitality and all the other good stuff, its not all about the weapon and warframe, its mainly the build you pick.

I would also like to say that I do enjoy bringing my Ignis to endgame for 3 reasons. 1. Spray and pray. You don't have to aim. You just wave your mouse and you can clear out the enemies. 2. Corrosive+Blast means that you're either going to proc a knockdown or kill armor whenever you spray something. Very handy. Also goes well with trying to circle around a gunner, because, again, you don't need to aim. 3. Heavy Caliber has nothing but positive effects on this weapon. Seriously. If you have Heavy Caliber maxed out, this is THE perfect weapon to put it on. Also handy for putting all your status chance mods on to get more knockdowns. Put a maxed or 6 rank Rifle Ammo Mutation on and you're golden. 

frames that are most popular for endgame

Nova
Nyx
Trinity
Frost
Loki
Vauban
Rhino

Weapons would be anything that hits hard but after a while it will be alot about your team composition because even the best weapons become pea shooters.

Penta
Angstrum
Boltor Prime
Marelock
Dread
Paris Prime
Brakk
Dual Ichors
Dakka Prime ;)

Bear in mind these are just from the top of my head but at the same time when it comes to the frames these are the ones that are requested the most often for Defense and Survival type missons, which are the only mission types that can be called endgame at the moment.

kiddplay has the right idea, but his suggestions are very rigid.

for T4 and high wave content you need to just make sure your weapon can output enough damage to clear out enemies quickly so they dont have a chance to down you or your team.

to do this, most focus on purely damage on their weapons, forgoing things like magazine size, firing speed and in some cases max extra ammo. some good choices for primaries would be:

-Soma

-Dera

-Grinlok

-Latron

-Latron Prime

-Boltor Prime

-Drakgoon

-Hek

-Phage

-Ogris

-Penta

for secondaries and melee im not even going to bother with a list since there are so many to count that are useful and melee its all about preference.

now im NOT SAYING you cannot use anything aside that list, but those are ones i would recommend for late game play and you will want put a catalyst and in some cases multiple forma to allow maximum customization on the weapon you choose.

as to what frames would be better for end game content, most frames can and will perform well so long as they are set up to fight things that you arent intending to kill instantly by pressing 1-4. what i specifically mean is often times its better to bring crowd control abilities over straight damage abilities. this is because enemy heath will eventually scale to the point where damage abilities will take multiple casts to kill a group of enemies.

Sentinel:

Wyrm with sweeper shotgun modded for impact, blast, and electricity (or corrosive). Both the shotgun and sentinel have excellent crowd control capabilities. Damage is irrelevant. Using Carrier can screw you over because when you get energy sapped by a leader or ancient, it wastes EVERY single energy orb in your immediate vicinity by consuming them while your energy is being drained.

Melee:

Kestrel. It has a 100% chance to knock things down on a throw attack for emergency ranged crowd control. Build with punch through, quick return, and attack speed. With lifestrike, you can equip it and throw it while channeling to self heal through a ranged aoe explosion. 

Edited by Pythadragon

Really anything that you perceive as "good". But seriously i would rather say what you should not bring if you are with a team of strangers. (no cc frames like ember or saryn or nekrso no matter what people say he sucks balls)

But the best frames for survival should be; Excalibur. he never dies

Edited by Hayzemet

Frame: Troki (P), Booben, Nyx, Nova, Nekros(just for farming)

Primary: Penta, Ogris, Boltor P

Secondary: Angstrum, Despair, Marelok, Brakk

Melee: Dragon Nikana, Bo P(preferred as DN cannot be used for coptering)

Sentinel: CC->Wyrm (P), Convenience->Carrier

Sentinel Weapon: Sweeper, Laser Rifle P

Really anything that you perceive as "good". But seriously i would rather say what you should not bring if you are with a team of strangers. (no cc frames like ember or saryn or nekrso no matter what people say he sucks balls)

But the best frames for survival should be; Excalibur. he never dies

IMO, Nekros has 2 CC abilities.

Terrify is not efficient but very effective

Shadows of the Dead distracts your enemies, and if you killed the right thing like heavy units and shield orspreys, it will be far more effective.

The things you shouldn't bring when you're with strangers are weak weapons with low rank frame.

edit: Grammer stuff, and I'm not saying you should treat Nekros as a high tier frame.

Edited by PachTrick

IMO, Nekros has 2 CC abilities.

Terrify is not efficient but very effective

Shadows of the Dead distracts you enemies, and if you killed the right thing like heavy units and shield orspreys, it will be far more effective.

The things you shouldn't bring when you're with strangers are weak weapons with low rank frame.

Ohh, I did not stated that Nekros was not a cc frame, I intended to differenciate between him and the other girl frames, But to be completely honest, his CC sucks aswell, casting shadows of the dead in  T4S minute 60 is suicide.

Edit after your edit, ok we are on the same track.

Edited by Hayzemet

That's handy to know about the Kestrel.  I ranked it and sold it, but perhaps it's worth taking another look at, if it has 100% knockdown.

Wyrm, though?  Ehh.  I can't see a reason he'd be better than a Dethcube or Shade with Coolant Leak.

Kestrel is the only melee weapon I use. I should mention that the 100% knockdown is only on the thrown Kestrel itself, not the explosion caused by power throw. Use a maxed Whirlwind to increase the projectile speed and make it more accurate. Life strike, however, does heal you from the explosion.

Shade doesn't shoot except at things that have hit you. I don't use it because crowd control sweeper is a nice tool to have. I never found the cloak to be that useful. It keeps getting interrupted by me shooting things (all the time), and if I want to be cloaked, there's usually too long of a delay. Doesn't help that the cloak is disrupted by coptering either.. To be fair, Shade is the most durable sentinel and the least likely to get agro'd and killed.

As for Dethcube vs Wyrm:

Vaporize has a 30 second cooldown and is single target stun (4 meter range) + some damage

Crowd Control has a 15 second cooldown, and is multi target (10 meter radial knockdown)

Edited by Pythadragon

Machine guns run out of without ammo restores. Latron prime, Sybaris, Penta, Dread, Paris prime, Vectis, Phage, and Dragkoon are end game. Sidearm wise it's Brakk, Marelock, and Angstrum. Melee wise it's Dragon Nikana, Bo prime, and Dual Ichors.

All warframes have at least one useful ability but the worst is Oberon (wannabe Trinity with no scaling utility). Saryn and Ember are tied for second worst (great for nuking low level fodder and some mediocre utility). Excalibur and banshee are tied for third worst (powerful one trick ponies).

Machine guns run out of without ammo restores. Latron prime, Sybaris, Penta, Dread, Paris prime, Vectis, Phage, and Dragkoon are end game. Sidearm wise it's Brakk, Marelock, and Angstrum. Melee wise it's Dragon Nikana, Bo prime, and Dual Ichors.

All warframes have at least one useful ability but the worst is Oberon (wannabe Trinity with no scaling utility). Saryn and Ember are tied for second worst (great for nuking low level fodder and some mediocre utility). Excalibur and banshee are tied for third worst (powerful one trick ponies).

the boltorP runs out of ammo at high level but is still one of the most powerful weapons available. at that point one should start packing ammo restores. only other thing i'd use over it would be a penta for AoE headshots

i'd put excalibur higher up than banshee, at least excalibur has a spammable, max AoE skill that prevents enemies from attacking, and makes them mob if you make sound. he's nowhere near trinity or loki's level but his one skill is one goddang good skill.

Edited by (PS4)CrimsonShinku

I'd go Boltor Prime, Latron Prime, Penta, Ogris, Drakgoon, and I've had some success with a 5 Formae Flux Rifle running Serration, Heavy Caliber, Shred and Rifle Ammo Mutation, with remaining mods tailored to the goons you're going to turn into paste.

I haven't used the Brakk yet, but I love the Detron, and its capability of running 3 Combined Elements can't be understated.  A combination of Radiation/Blast/Corrosive will jack up just about everything you encounter, but Radiation/Gas/Magnetic will get everything else.

Otherwise, still loving Despair, the Akbronco Prime shows as much promise as it shows need for development, Akstiletto is a reliable set of sidearms, and the Lex Prime is a strong contender with just a Catalyst tossed on.  Angstrum and Stug are self explanatory with their AoE damage.

For closest quarters, I still love Dual Ichor, Dual Zoren, and Dual Heat Swords, but the Dragon Nikana was the sword I didn't want to love, but fell in love with.  Heavy Weapons could use some more love, and I dig the Scindo and Gram.  Cronus stays competitive throughout the game; it's the Old Reliable as far as swords go.  For fisticuffs, my money's on the Kogake.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan