Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Must-Have Warframes & Weapons For High Level / Endgame

NoeleVeerod

Question

Even though I have played Warframe for quite a long time now, I never bothered to delve into endgame, builds, and all that stuff that professionals and hardcore players know very well. Needless to say, this means I never bother playing at higher levels, the only exception being that Breeding Grounds mission with enemies at levels 55-65 (which to most pros doesn't mean much in terms of challenge).

What weapons, Warframes and mod builds would you suggest for a player that wants to step up his/her game and tackle the harder levels of this game? What loadouts do you employ to survive against enemies that can slap the brain out of your skull in one sweep or two?

(it's also true that long-term Defenses and Survivals make me fall asleep after a while, but that's not the point of the thread now D:)

Edited by Vintovka

Ninja Kicking....

I'd done it alot in most of my missions for 100% knockdown on enemies, both for fun and to Shut the F, Up on annoying enemies

People so under use this tech....

Edited by LoveNot

I still rely on my Amprex, as long i can keep the ammunition going.

Many dont seem to like my Valkyr, but going maxed close to 90% dmg reduction, i can stand against them for quite a while. When someone goes down, i can pop hysteria and get em back up without worrying to die. Ok, their output dmg as frame isnt that great.

My best so far is 46minutes T4 surv, aint really 'end game high', but im happy about it.

Edited by SinergyX

Never heard of this, please elaborate.

You can mod Radial Blind for almost 60m range for 12.5 energy that stuns everything for 4 seconds even through walls and then makes then blind for a long time (effectively your team is invisible unless you make sound).

Blast Torid often procs blast procs on the dot so the enemies are stunlocked in the clouds.

Ogris deals more damage per hit than Penta and has better range and AOE.

I just want to add, that Volt is also a good high level frame, because his shield stops everything regardless of the damage (only limited by duration), and the double crit damage really helps out the damage of crit based weapons (such as dread, paris p and amprex), even more so,when you deploy 2 shields for 4x crit damage. (i think multiple shields exponential stacking is fixed by now)

and speaking about crit weapons, why nobody mentioned the amprex in this thread before?

EDIT: by the time i posted, amprex and synapse also got mentioned. i'm happy now :-)

Sure, the boltor prime has twice the DPS (until you deploy a Volt shield), but 75% status chance with pure corrosive damage paired with aoe capabilities is really helpful

also when running with 4 corrosive projection aura mods the Phage with base viral damage rocks

Edited by Krumplifej

I hear a number of people saying Tysis is a viable weapon for end-game, though I've not tried it myself. It can easily be modded to 100% proc chance. Combine that with its innate corrosive damage, add radiation and punch-through, and you could have armour-reduced corrupted heavies running around killing each other. In theory, it sounds great...

My T4 Surv build(more of a team set up) which has gotten me to 65 mins

Nyx with Absorb build: Because after 40mins Enemies get into the Lvl 60+ range and everyone is either a Heavy Gunner or Eximus

Nekros with Desecrate build: This doesn't really need an explaination

Trinity: Her Link and Blessing is really a life saver if you go down 40mins+

And Loki with a Radial Disarm build: He automatically turns a room into an infested mission.

For Team Synergy: Loki drops Decoy right next to Nyx's Absorb so she draws double the attention, allowing pickups or escapes. Nekros/Loki are super squishy so Trinity helps out alot. The things about this set up is you really have to trust the people you're with, and they have to be alert/know what to do. Also after about 40-50mins when weapon dmg starts to fall off drastically, leave the damage part to Nyx, while you and the other teammates focus on Life Support. Hope i helped!

I play the Loki role in the above and my setup is synapse with corrosive and heat, despair with corrosive and blast, dual ichor with gas and electric, can do 40, 50 mins solo T4 no probs, plus the radial disarm, as described is a must and render these level 60+ enemies a joke, my 1 tip for those running long survival is to drop flow in your Loki build and hit efficiency cap, equip team energy packs, that way when you get hit by eximus (which you will) you can quickly deploy 2 or 3 team energy packs and you only need 1 tick from these to cast any ability ie radial disarm, invis

What weapons, Warframes and mod builds would you suggest for a player that wants to step up his/her game and tackle the harder levels of this game? What loadouts do you employ to survive against enemies that can slap the brain out of your skull in one sweep or two?

I would start with a simple role - a CC frame and a powerful weapon, plus teammates that know what they're doing. Loki, Nyx, or Excal, and then just spam your CC. Other teammate slots should be filled with a healer/tank (usually Trin), a damage amp (Nova/Banshee/Rhino or a nuke build [Mag for Corpus, nice in Void too]) and a wild card (often Nekros, can be another damage or cc).

Corrosive Projection aura is essential for Void and Grineer. 4 of them equipped removes enemy armor, increasing damage done to armored targets by a MASSIVE amount. It'll also change the elemental resistances to pure flesh so mod accordingly (Viral).

My usual setup is a CC (Loki, Nyx, or Excal), a Trinity for heals and instant energy, a Mag to remove enemy shields and deal damage, and a wildcard - often Vauban if using Loki, Nekros for more life support on survivals, Frost to protect the pod on defenses, or Nova/Banshee for damage amp.

Weapons that work well have been covered pretty well in this thread. I will point out that the Viral proc is totally worth it, so something with a decent proc rate is not a bad idea. Obviously if using Loki+Vauban you want something AoE or punch through.

I still think about that 2 hour T4 surv effort from the team of Mag, Banshee, Loki, and Nekros from Tenn Os.

Dat teamwork! *bugeyed*

Yeah aren't those guys awesome? :P

Intopic:

Most weapons are fine if fully forma

frames: Nekros for survival, Mag for corpus, frost for high defense (nyx if you want to play cheese-fest).

Edited by -XeqtR

IMO, Nekros has 2 CC abilities.

Terrify is not efficient but very effective

Shadows of the Dead distracts your enemies, and if you killed the right thing like heavy units and shield orspreys, it will be far more effective.

The things you shouldn't bring when you're with strangers are weak weapons with low rank frame.

edit: Grammer stuff, and I'm not saying you should treat Nekros as a high tier frame.

Terrify is pretty terrible. You have it backwards, actually. It's efficient, but it's unreliable because it doesn't target everything in range and it sends enemies running for the hills when you want to kill them.

Shadows is decent at least. It has AI and pathing issues but it can at least buy you a little time to escape, reload, move to a better position, etc.

The definition of end-game here is basically being able to last at least up until 40 min of T4. You can use a variety of weapons and do well with them, but some will do better than others. You must also rely on your team to do well as well.

Here's a few weapons that I can name:

Rifle: Amprex, Boltor Prime, Burston Prime, Latron Prime, Soma, Synapse

Shotgun: Phage

Snipers: AoE Lanka

Bows: Paris Prime, Dread

Launcher: Ogris

Secondary : Angstrum, Brakk, Lex Prime, Marelok, Castanas

Melee: Bo Prime, Dakra Prime (+ C.D.), Dragon Nikana, Dual Ichor

*The ones underlined are my opinion of best end-game weapons. The others can work, but may not be the best.

The only problem I have with proc weapons, such as Tysis, are that the dmg output they have usually won't do much against higher levels. Infinite stun on Castanas are nice, but it'll take forever for lv.100+ to actually die from it. 

Guest Tehnoobshow

I hear a number of people saying Tysis is a viable weapon for end-game, though I've not tried it myself. It can easily be modded to 100% proc chance. Combine that with its innate corrosive damage, add radiation and punch-through, and you could have armour-reduced corrupted heavies running around killing each other. In theory, it sounds great...

Or, you could have everyone equip Corrosive Projection and make ALL the enemies have NO ARMOR. The Tysis fires a bit too slowly to proc entire crowds and deals basically no damage so it's kind of a waste of a weapon slot. You could make it proc Blast and knock entire crowds down but it doesn't last long.

Guest Tehnoobshow

-Dera

If the Dera is on the list then so should half of the weapons in the game lol. Even the Mutalist Quanta, which everyone has been asking to be buffed, has higher dps than the Dera (166.67 sustained dps vs. 148.77 sustained dps)

Edited by Tehnoobshow

If the Dera is on the list then so should half of the weapons in the game lol. Even the Mutalist Quanta, which everyone has been asking to be buffed, has higher dps than the Dera (166.67 sustained dps vs. 148.77 sustained dps)

That's what makes it an end game weapon.

It ends your game.

Forget about bolter prime or snipertron get Sexy mods thats all u need Survivals valkyr health etc n effeciency and duration

Def - mostly nyx or frost

Capture - Ash or loki

Extermination - nova rhino oberon

interception - Nyx Valkyr zephyr

Hijack (if anyone ever plays it) - Trinity or high shield frame

Rescue 2.0 - Ash, loki rhino or vauban

ODD - Vauban  nyx or nova

Thats all u need Ability Ftw!