Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Zephyr The Wind Elemental - Artwork Included [Resolved :)]

Volkovyi

What would really be interesting for a wind-based elemental frame, are the synergy possibilities for me. Like you could really have this standalone frame that blasts, cuts, levitates, flys, shields or basically can dps, support or defend all with wind. What happens when suddenly, though, an Ember casts a fire attack or a Saryn hits Miasma in the presence of your wind attacks? We could rationalize that the [wind + fire], [wind + poison], even [wind + ice] could increase the AoE potential and/or the damage of those elements. Much like Volt's shield has excellent weapon synergy, really. Of course wind would have no effect on antimatter, electricity has some potential... Some frames will just be as is, but a wind element frame can really buff the whole team given the right combo of frames.

In addition to the above we have some really awesome concept art, and a few well-thought abilities already. Remember we're moving molecules somehow and producing a directional airflow, so an attack like deafening wind really doesn't speak to me with a ground slam, but the specific positions and movement of Zyphyrs' arms should dictate how the attack is going to play out, i can only assume the apparatus on the forearms has some control of the powers.

Turbulence is a good skill. Defensive, and we can argue that enemy within melee range will get hurt by the attack. Really awesome concept for me, is when Turbulence is active, if an ember casts fireball or frost lets off an ice attack into it, you suddenly end up with a cone of ice or fire for added potential, even a poison cloud or electrical storm (The friction of the molecules produce an electrical potential we can argue). The same can be said for tornado, which would have a much larger range of threat than 1m.

Typhoon is the end-all be-all basic caster attack for the wind element, get slammed with a focused blast, and again there are frame-to-frame synergy concepts, e.g. fireball plus typhoon equals fire bomb basically, which would require some coordination, but thats half the fun.

So far we have 25, 50, and a 100 set of skills for me: typhoon, turbulence and tornado, respectively. A 75 energy skill would come off to me as a CC skill, but levitating/propulsion is the other option... not so sure where to go with that one.

Those are my takes on this frame, excellent concept, art, and direction.

I love this art, someone posted it on my page for my concept of what a wind frame should be like and I was without words. It is an absolutely beautiful work of art....I tip my hat to you good sirs.  I didn't realize that there were so many of us that were into the concept of a wind based frame.....Kudos to us.

What would really be interesting for a wind-based elemental frame, are the synergy possibilities for me. Like you could really have this standalone frame that blasts, cuts, levitates, flys, shields or basically can dps, support or defend all with wind. What happens when suddenly, though, an Ember casts a fire attack or a Saryn hits Miasma in the presence of your wind attacks? We could rationalize that the [wind + fire], [wind + poison], even [wind + ice] could increase the AoE potential and/or the damage of those elements. Much like Volt's shield has excellent weapon synergy, really. Of course wind would have no effect on antimatter, electricity has some potential... Some frames will just be as is, but a wind element frame can really buff the whole team given the right combo of frames.

Seems like everyone that has a wind frame design ends up coming here cause someone posts this awesome wind frame image on our page, and funny you say that about wind cause I was thinking the same thing when I made my wind frame.

An Asphyxation power would be tricky at best- If it sucked the air out of one room, what would happen if the door was opened? And what about the colony tilesets? You can't exactly dissipate all the oxygen in an entire atmosphere. All in all it would be a very situational power, and not very practical at all. Like you said, robots don't need to breathe.

An Asphyxation power would be tricky at best- If it sucked the air out of one room, what would happen if the door was opened? And what about the colony tilesets? You can't exactly dissipate all the oxygen in an entire atmosphere. All in all it would be a very situational power, and not very practical at all. Like you said, robots don't need to breathe.

well, could still use an ability like this, it's kind of like running around the room and giving everyone a severe kidney punch

Ability 4 (Vacuum)  - Anemos sucks the air out of nearby enemies (ineffective against MOA, Rollers or anything that doesn't use air.)

- Deals 120 / 160 / 230 / 300 Damage per second for 4 seconds. This is increased by both Power Strength and Power Duration

- Range of 15 / 18 / 22 / 25 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Range

- Targets that are not killed by the initial damage are stunned for 4 seconds and suffer a 35% debuff to accuracy (this is not affected by power duration or power strength)

** ability bypasses shields

this is an ability from my Wind Frame but I still love this one.

Goddang this is so ridiculously polished for a fan concept. The physical design (to me) meshes nicely with the existing aesthetic while bringing a definite unique flair. Power/ability-wise, pretty much echoing everything Mosychuk already said. If this made it into the game I'd be very interested in seeing what sort of edge it brought into combat, particularly alongside the other 'traditional' elements.

a+ would grind for blueprints and tenderly potato

Congratulation! i love this Character is perfect on all the aspects! i wish Warframe would use this as a new Tenno! design very original and design good, prospect bird type fits for a air element, skill great!  , love the work done!

this link is about my Character creation :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/129576-sensei-the-legendary-tenno/