Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tower 4 Assault

-TOWER 4 ASSAULT-

Tower key acquired in Orokin Derelict Assassination, Laphantis drops rarely. 

The map is a extermination with a Final Boss at the end. Tenno are drop shipped on the Tower planet and must battle their way to the entrance to the tower. There are 4 phases of the mission.

1) Crossing the elongated highway leading to the tower battling mobs of corrupted. 

2) Accessing the entrance to the Tower.(puzzle/hack/team co-op strategy)

3) Fight your way up the tower battling corrupted and navigating obstacles and traps.

4) Final battle at the top of the tower, Bosses consisting of a team of random Tenno Stalkers. For example, Rhino Stalker, Volt Stalker, Saryn Stalker, Loki Stalker, Excalibur Stalker, etc.

The Boss drops Tenno Unique (New sets) of gear specifically tailored for the frame that its dropped by, for example; Rhino Stalker drops a unique type of Rhino skin that buffs the skills of rhino. Unique weapon blueprints and mods only obtainable from Tower 4 Assault.

Each phase you must kill all the enemies to move to the next phase. Requiring huge amount of team work and co-op strategy. 

2hzssif.jpg

-This post was brought to you by ShadowWolves Clan.

um... not to punch a hole in the works, but this wouldn't work.... why? Because the Towers are not on planets. They are ships in the void, an inhospitable area of space that is supposed to be hidden.
There would be no way to survive on a planet based object in the void, as the void is different from normal space in the way it behaves. Think of it almost like a black hole perhaps.

And then people complain about grinding to grind to grind. (Grind for Derelict -> Grind for Derelict Assassination -> Grind T4)

Also this ain't an MMO. And no mixing cosmetics with stats ffs.

Edited by Kyte

And then people complain about grinding to grind to grind. (Grind for Derelict -> Grind for Derelict Assassination -> Grind T4)

Also this ain't an MMO. And no mixing cosmetics with stats ffs.

Ok listen first of all this post is not an MMO idea. The Unique weapon and item will be worth it for the "grind part" as you can say. Playing on 2.5 mode is kind of boring (Althix) , and everyone loves new content. Not only that, it will also help players Co-op in the game. How often do you see people use team work right now? They mostly run around. We're Ninjas "obstacle and hacking" "killing and getting into the tower is what this game is about" Instead of putting negative thoughts into this idea why not put out positive idea. This will help the game improve. Negative thought is not what this game needs, More ideas means more player, more content, more teamwork, AND BETTER GAME.

Edited by -SW-GodlyBoba

Digital Extremes could do with looking into the community's idea for new game modes, because this is a good one. We don't have enough game modes, and most of the ones we do have we do because we kind of have to.

I see DE content methodology is still focused on fine tuning this game, and keeping the environment healthy for new players, but DE should not forget those of us whom have reached the mountain top, we want more co-op and challenging experiences that satisfy the treasure hunting ninja in all of us. 

We are here to find greatness! Give us a map that requires greatness!

so Nyx could solo it.

A co-op map, a co-op map, a co-op map... traps requiring team co-op strategy, no one War Frame or Team of one type of War Frame would be able to solo it. There is tons of room here for criticism and more ideas. This is a concept, we feel strongly should be explored by DE. 

I like the part of multi objectives and phases, most missions get repetitive, and you always end up grinding 1 or 2 over and over just for loot or etc.

Making a more complex mission, would be fun, something you get in and get focus on completing.

A co-op map, a co-op map, a co-op map... traps requiring team co-op strategy, no one War Frame or Team of one type of War Frame would be able to solo it. There is tons of room here for criticism and more ideas. This is a concept, we feel strongly should be explored by DE. 

yes but. coop in this game is forced/ doublelock doors, special items for events etc.

i also made a suggestion couple of months ago about a game mode with actual coop gameplay. i have no idea how hard to make it but you know... tenno reinforcements.

I think a Assault mode is a good idea. They mention the Void taking over Enemies turning them into corrupted why cant this happen to tenno and have Corrupted Tenno or a evil Tenno like boss. They could use the stalker A.I. And by the looks of the game the warframes are just suits so their are multiple Excaliber warframe armor Why couldn't one of them be evil like the stalker. So I agree a Assault Mission is a good idea maybe as a alert of you have to Build the key or something interesting you need to work for. Honestly Dropping of Unique Mods that will add a ability for that frame. DE made the Mod system the way it is just incase they wanted to add more powers for a tenno. So Make these new bosses Drop Mod that's a new Power for that Warframe.(example corrupted Excaliber or Evil Excaliber or infested Excaliber and when you beat him he drops a Unique helment that adds stats(only Positive) and a Mod and a skin(Corrupted skin or infested Skin would be cool).

Just a couple Suggestions this would help add to the stalker Story line if you basically said he was one of those evil  or Corrupted or infested tenno but he instead of staying at his stronghold or whatever he goes after other tenno.

Edited by BadRedskin

Any new content would be good... but what you're proposing is an incredibly massive project.

New tileset <----- massive development... I'm sure they are working on these all the time, and everyone has an idea of what it should be

New stalkers <----- massive development... Most complicated AI behaviour in game. The existing stalker is hugely problematic.

also,

um... not to punch a hole in the works, but this wouldn't work.... why? Because the Towers are not on planets. They are ships in the void, an inhospitable area of space that is supposed to be hidden.
There would be no way to survive on a planet based object in the void, as the void is different from normal space in the way it behaves. Think of it almost like a black hole perhaps.

this poster is right, the void is a structure in pockets of space in other dimensions... string theory stuff.

Also, this goes against DE's approach of path creation through procedurally generated levels.

DE isn't even doing stat changing helmets anymore, let alone skins that give buffs that aren't a trade-off.

I'm pretty sure the game is coded and optimized for low-draw distance environments.  A big open highway would be cool, but, unfortunately that is not how this game works.

Making a puzzle that requires team work part of level progression, as opposed to a side thing for loot would alienate casual players who don't use voice coms/own a headset.  Also trolls would mess with it.

Telling DE how to do something with their game and acting like your clan is giving them the da vinci code is fairly presumptuous.  They know they need to add end-game content, but it needs to be in line with cannon.  This much investment of time and money is incredibly complicated and ideas are picked to fit with the game's core design, the base code, the engine, etc.

I think a Assault mode is a good idea. They mention the Void taking over Enemies turning them into corrupted why cant this happen to tenno and have Corrupted Tenno or a evil Tenno like boss. They could use the stalker A.I. And by the looks of the game the warframes are just suits so their are multiple Excaliber warframe armor Why couldn't one of them be evil like the stalker. So I agree a Assault Mission is a good idea maybe as a alert of you have to Build the key or something interesting you need to work for. Honestly Dropping of Unique Mods that will add a ability for that frame. DE made the Mod system the way it is just incase they wanted to add more powers for a tenno. So Make these new bosses Drop Mod that's a new Power for that Warframe.(example corrupted Excaliber or Evil Excaliber or infested Excaliber and when you beat him he drops a Unique helment that adds stats(only Positive) and a Mod and a skin(Corrupted skin or infested Skin would be cool).

Just a couple Suggestions this would help add to the stalker Story line if you basically said he was one of those evil  or Corrupted or infested tenno but he instead of staying at his stronghold or whatever he goes after other tenno.

That's a great idea! WE need more of this. CORRUPTED TENNO! NICE! :D. Dude posting this was worth it just to find that diamond in the ruff. (we are using corrupted mods at the moment ex. Blind Rage, Heavy Caliber.) Corrupted Tenno skill mods....MOTHER OF GOD...:D

Dude post that idea under feedback/skills! DE needs to hear that!

Any new content would be good... but what you're proposing is an incredibly massive project.

New tileset <----- massive development... I'm sure they are working on these all the time, and everyone has an idea of what it should be

New stalkers <----- massive development... Most complicated AI behaviour in game. The existing stalker is hugely problematic.

also,

this poster is right, the void is a structure in pockets of space in other dimensions... string theory stuff.

Also, this goes against DE's approach of path creation through procedurally generated levels.

DE isn't even doing stat changing helmets anymore, let alone skins that give buffs that aren't a trade-off.

I'm pretty sure the game is coded and optimized for low-draw distance environments.  A big open highway would be cool, but, unfortunately that is not how this game works.

Making a puzzle that requires team work part of level progression, as opposed to a side thing for loot would alienate casual players who don't use voice coms/own a headset.  Also trolls would mess with it.

Telling DE how to do something with their game and acting like your clan is giving them the da vinci code is fairly presumptuous.  They know they need to add end-game content, but it needs to be in line with cannon.  This much investment of time and money is incredibly complicated and ideas are picked to fit with the game's core design, the base code, the engine, etc.

As a clan, we came together, all 50 or so of us, and chopped up what we would like to see in game, or explored by DE. Now to say that we are "Telling DE how to do something with their own game" is complete rhetorical vomit. We as a clan have simply done the work as customers of DE's product, giving positive feedback. DE can do whatever they so please with this game, however as consumers of their product and active players, WE are free to utilize this forum as a platform to communicate with peers and DE of our ideas.

As for the tower in la void issue. Correct me if I am wrong, was it not DE's PS4 "The Call" video showing the Tower Entrance on a planet? hmmm? and the entrance opened by a devise? hmmm? Well our idea may not be 100% in line with in game geography, but the idea's are golden (example above @BadRedskin). Openly, with good intentions, we want to share ideas with our fellow tenno to get as many people involved in this exploration process as possible. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, then don't have it on a planet. Instead, try making a tower with a landing pad connected to it via bridge.

I know I've posted here once already but I couldn't help but notice this...

Who says DE needs another Stalker? I've been hearing of the towers packing a unique form of AI capable of mass mind control as a form of defense. This Device is called 'The Neural Sentry,' I happen to wonder what it would look like. More Importantly, how to fight it directly. Based off Lephantis (I think that's how you spell it), The NS is a stationary target. Think 'Brain in a Jar', complete with mounted guns, access to reinforcements(Its the Neural Sentry, remember), traps, and, of course, its own set of Telepathically Transmitted Taunts. I can just now think of it saying "I will not allow you to leave with the Orokin's Secrets.", or "Trust me when I tell you: You don't want to do this." or, for a laugh, maybe "Oh, get out of here and leave me be!" or, "Go on, Clear off!" or perhaps "I'm only doing my job here." What do you guys think?

• 5 weeks later...