Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warning! Codex Scanner Permanently Lowers Player Accuracy Rating!

JujuHex

Although personally I would prefer the accuracy stat records being removed from the game, since this is a game where DPS matters more than accuracy or ammo efficiency, some troll clearly has nothing positive to say this day.

I also looked at your post history, most of your posts are indirect attacks to the OP or some other poster telling them why they are wrong (to have a different opinion from yours) in a fairly condescending manner.

I also wonder which troll up-voted you.

lucky I noticed something wrong, midway (cause I always look at my accuracy at the end of every battle) and stop doing any scan run after i got the points I wanted. 

Part of this game is all about damage, survival, etc, so having high accuracy doesn't mean you dealing low damage, you actually dealing higher damage here. You don't ran out of ammo easily, and you hit the target exactly as how you intend it to be. I don't see how it can make you deal lower damage. 

Ye I know some case where people afraid to hit the target because it might drop their accuracy and they end up dealing pitiful dps, but that is exactly why accuracy with high damage required practice. When you get use to it, you'll hit the target with no hesitation and no ammo wasting= dealing higher dps than just randomly shooting bullets. 

Hello random with 8 posts who doesn't know any of the people I'm responding to in those posts or any of the context or history behind those posts.  A quick glance at my content feed shows me providing info and agreeing with the OP and other posters quite often.  But hey, nice attempt at slandering my character with vague generalizations.

Now then, with that out of the way, please feel free to explain to me why stats (aside from leaderboards) should matter to anyone in a pve game.  Especially accuracy since it's been bugged by multishot for quite a while.  If anything, the effect of the scanner has probably brought it closer to reality.  Which makes people being concerned about a meaningless number all the more hilarious.

You say 'hey, nice attempt at slandering my character with vague generalizations.

I wasn't vague. I was very direct in stating that you have nothing better to do here than to derail with negative comments a simple thread about a bug which, after searching around, I found that no one had reported yet. It is a simple bug report, you either 1) state you got the problem or 2) help fix it. Otherwise you are just here to waste people's time. You even start your second post with "Hello random with 8 posts who doesn't know any of the people..."

...another personal attack.  Proving you have nothing to do here. I'd rather have 4 meaningful posts than 500 of personal nonsensical attacks against others.

You say I slander? I dare anyone to look at your post history. Just do it.

You don't like accuracy stat? Go make a post about it in the suggestions area, you will have more luck in your quest to remove it from the game than to troll people who are actually trying to help make it better. You might feel compelled to respond because I fell for your trollbait, so I suggest a moderator closes this thread, since the devs have already been made aware of the issue, and it has served it's purpose.

I have it listed as my most used weapon. Personally I think the scanner should be removed entirely, the whole stopping to take a picture thing is not fun. I'd much rather have a system like in other games with an in-game info book of sorts where as you kill them, you gather info, so you play, you get info on the stuff you killed, used, picked up, crafted, and so on.

removing it isn't necessary, it's far from a bad feature. 

but... the fact that it clearly fires hitscan bullets at an extreme rate to check if you're aiming at the object, is a bad way to do it. 

not only does that mean things like Ospreys (whos' hitbox is about 15% of their total mesh size) are almost impossible to Scan most of the time(as well as a plethora of other objects whos' hitboxes are not the same as their meshes), but it also is having issues like accuracy degradement.

honestly, a camera would work too, and could either scan everything in lens, or just the thing you're directly aiming at (probably the latter for balance) - and it would be more reliable. even if it took a few seconds to take the picture, you wouldn't need to be a wizard and be able to predict effectively random AI movement :p

(i mean seriously, i've seen enemy soldiers run in circles, as well as warp sliding between cover for long durations).

Edited by taiiat

You say 'hey, nice attempt at slandering my character with vague generalizations.

I wasn't vague. I was very direct in stating that you have nothing better to do here than to derail with negative comments a simple thread about a bug which, after searching around, I found that no one had reported yet. It is a simple bug report, you either 1) state you got the problem or 2) help fix it. Otherwise you are just here to waste people's time. You even start your second post with "Hello random with 8 posts who doesn't know any of the people..."

...another personal attack.  Proving you have nothing to do here. I'd rather have 4 meaningful posts than 500 of personal nonsensical attacks against others.

You say I slander? I dare anyone to look at your post history. Just do it.

You don't like accuracy stat? Go make a post about it in the suggestions area, you will have more luck in your quest to remove it from the game than to troll people who are actually trying to help make it better. You might feel compelled to respond because I fell for your trollbait, so I suggest a moderator closes this thread, since the devs have already been made aware of the issue, and it has served it's purpose.

Nice off topic post.  You're right though.  Technically it's not slander.  It's libel.  I'm sorry I mispoke.

Btw attitude that the OP presented actually is something worth addressing and relevant to the topic at hand.  It certainly may have been worthwhile to report the bug, but the fact that people place value in an accuracy stat in a PvE game is troubling, especially if the behavior that encourages affects other peoples' gameplay experience.  Conclave ratings were taken out of the mission lobby for similar reasons.

I was wondering why my accuracy dropped when playing on that node. Mine made a dramatic drop. At least DE will be/has been notified. :)

P.S.: Having an accuracy rate(whether it be "high" or "low" is a personal choice - I choose to want to have a decent accuracy. If people want to judge you on accuracy - that is their choice, but you need not be friends with them or play games with them. In other words - you can control your own actions and behaviour - but, if you try control others.....well there most probably will be resistance and fighting etc.

I was wondering why my accuracy dropped when playing on that node. Mine made a dramatic drop. At least DE will be/has been notified. :)

P.S.: Having an accuracy rate(whether it be "high" or "low" is a personal choice - I choose to want to have a decent accuracy. If people want to judge you on accuracy - that is their choice, but you need not be friends with them or play games with them. In other words - you can control your own actions and behaviour - but, if you try control others.....well there most probably will be resistance and fighting etc.

The thing is, there's no good reason to actually give people something to act like that over. The accuracy stat doesn't really perform any kind of needed service. If people are not taking shots to avoid hurting their accuracy (and maybe losing missions or getting team mates killed) or are not playing with people over their accuracy stat, then it should just be removed. Edited by Aggh

The thing is, there's no good reason to actually give people something to act like that over. The accuracy stat doesn't really perform any kind of needed service. If people are not taking shots to avoid hurting their accuracy (and maybe losing missions or getting team mates killed) or are not playing with people over their accuracy stat, then it should just be removed.

that's their personal choice, also if they taking shot and the shot miss, it still useless. If you don't care about accuracy stats then sure, but that doesn't mean you got the right to take it away from other people. 

Which is why I said accuracy and high damage required practice. Still better than those who take random shots to hit the target and waste lot of bullets in the end/ 

that's their personal choice, also if they taking shot and the shot miss, it still useless. If you don't care about accuracy stats then sure, but that doesn't mean you got the right to take it away from other people. 

Which is why I said accuracy and high damage required practice. Still better than those who take random shots to hit the target and waste lot of bullets in the end/ 

Overall gameplay experience should always be valued over e peen stroking.  I'm sure the devs would rather not give players a reason to ruin other peoples' gameplay experience.

And lets not kid ourselves.  Most of the enemies in this game regularly take time to stand still and make themselves an easy target.  Having a high accuracy stat isn't really anything to be proud of in this game.

Edited by Aggh

Oh. So this is why I've been getting 10% accuracy when doing Cicero with my Vectis.

Also, if things like statistics and accuracy rating aren't important, why is it important to care about others finding it important.

Find a lot more people stroking E-peens over "Rank and mastery" than silly things like accuracy, anyway. Too many times have I seen some guy acting like he knows more cause he has the highest mastery rank.

0 times have I seen anyone bragging about their accuracy in-game.

Edit: Also, my accuracy went from 85% all the way to 49% since I started using the codex / scanner. And I've been using the vectis almost exclusively with the codex. Ouch.

Edited by Sokina

The thing is, there's no good reason to actually give people something to act like that over. The accuracy stat doesn't really perform any kind of needed service. If people are not taking shots to avoid hurting their accuracy (and maybe losing missions or getting team mates killed) or are not playing with people over their accuracy stat, then it should just be removed.

So you must hate all the people who are good at something that you don't ? Think about it. Exp: You and your friends played many sports. You suck at tennis but good at other sports, your friend is good at tennis, do you hate that person and want tennis to be remove? No. 

Also just because you doesn't pay attention to certain aspect of the game (like accuracy) doesn't mean other players doesn't. Elitists who laugh at you because your acc suck? They had a different mindset, you just gotta ignore those people (you choose to take away acc instead of choose to ignore the elitist?) I wonder who's selfish here. 

Overall gameplay experience should always be valued over e peen stroking.  I'm sure the devs would rather not give players a reason to ruin other peoples' gameplay experience.

And lets not kid ourselves.  Most of the enemies in this game regularly take time to stand still and make themselves an easy target.  Having a high accuracy stat isn't really anything to be proud of in this game.

lol giving player a reason to ruin other peoples gameplay? So instead of blaming those elitist who are making fun of your gameplay style, you choose to blame it on the accuracy stat. wow..... 

Ok they regularly take time to stand still, but let be real...you still miss the target once in awhile even if they standing still sometimes....People got the choice to choose what they should be proud of, I doubt this is anything you should butt your business in, you are not them, you proud of different things. You wouldn't like it if you proud of something and people look down on it. So respect. 

So you must hate all the people who are good at something that you don't ? Think about it. Exp: You and your friends played many sports. You suck at tennis but good at other sports, your friend is good at tennis, do you hate that person and want tennis to be remove? No. 

Also just because you doesn't pay attention to certain aspect of the game (like accuracy) doesn't mean other players doesn't. Elitists who laugh at you because your acc suck? They had a different mindset, you just gotta ignore those people (you choose to take away acc instead of choose to ignore the elitist?) I wonder who's selfish here. 

Your analogy illustrates the problem with the way some people think about stats like these.  Removing a single stat is not the same as removing the game itself.  It's a single number in your profile.  And a meaningless one at that since it's so buggy. 

I'd rather have team mates killing stuff rather than worrying about a stupid number in their profile.  Failing a mission or having someone leave a mission because someone was worried about a meaningless number in a low skill PvE game translates into a wasting peoples' time.  That's a far greater sin than not caring about the value people see in a meaningless number in your profile.

@Aggh  Ignore players that you feel don't have a similiar mindset to you. If someone brags about their accuracy - then ignore them/don't play games with them, but they still have the choice to have pride in it. You don't like the accuracy system, fair enough, you don't have to like it. No one can force you to like it or even look at it.

As Sokina mentioned a few posts above, I've seen more people brag about Mastery Rank - and hardly ever about accuracy.

I feel SEIZE is right with respect to gaining accuracy via practice - I want to be a better shot and practice with clanmates.

Again, it is about choice.

Anyways, I'm curious how this bug will be worked out. :) Time will tell.