Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon So Stronk

Genoscythe

What a big surprise! After Nekros and Valkyr, our newest Warframe, Oberon, is also quite underpowered and has not much use in a group. For all that he can do there is a better Warframe already.

1. Smite: A power that feels quite cool, damage one enemy and the others around with some projectiles. The only problem with this skill is really that the projectiles do not seem to aim for enemies, just randomly spawn.

2. Hallowed ground: Damage is way too low, 125 is not even enough to put some level 5 grineer down fast. Also the dmaage type is really weak, if we have such a damage type with big drawbacks, I would say let it at least be strong.

3. Dat lame regeneration skill: The projectiles are not fast enough and the healing is a bit weak for the energy cost.

4.  A faster version of crush, with worse damage types and less range. Either damage should be increased drastically, due to the bad damage types that have drawbacks against most enemies or range should be higher to make it a good CC like rhino stomp.

In general Oberon feels too weak in damage and healing power, I think one of both should at least be superior, as he is very fragile and not the fastest.

On a side note: The new ember feels awesome, and I find it cool that she has certain damage skills and one to weaken enemies, if this would be the case for more damage types on different frames, this would increase their endgame viability.

The damage lack of warframe abilities in endgame is a great problem for all damage-dealer warframes in the game, I think every ability needs a damage value modifier that scales with enemy level, letting the damage fall off less against higher level enemies.

Bro. Inorder to get Oberon to work for you, you definetly have to mod him very well. And if you do he can be hella powerful. My personal favorite warframe is Nekros and we all know he is hella frail. Alot more so then Oberon infact there are no warframes that arent frail. You cant run into a room and expect to just gun everything down. Your a Ninja not a tank, unless your Rhino. Anyways as Nekros I can last alone to 1 hour and a half on survival. Without using anything but desecrate when it came to powers. So please stop whining about how you cant use him hes totally viable in every fight.

The skills certainly need some buffing to them, that's for sure.

As for Oberon's fragility, I think it is fine. He has an average Armor value (Like Excalibur). Average Shield value (Also like Excalibur), Above Average Health Value (Between Ash and Excalibur for example) and a normal sprint speed  (Also like Excalibur).

And I definitely agree with you on damage scaling for enemy levels for damage skills.

1 - When was the last time any #1 was worth a darn? First thing I did when I got blind rage was rush it to, I think, 82%?... and go try out a bunch of #1 powers in T3 void. They all blow. A few have CC implications like Mind Control, but as far as attacks he's just par for the course.

2 - A DoT field is actually a big step forward. Rather than needed 'more damage' it requires better placement and planning to apply more damage. I like it a lot. If you feel it needs a buff, okay, but as a power I don't think we should write it off as 'must be strong'. It has it's place especially when you think about using it with other warframe powers in the mix from teammates.

3 - I didn't find the healign to be weak, and it's affected by power strength right? Definitely DEFINITELY needs faster projectiles IMO.

4 - Are you high? Easily one of the best and yet most balanced 4's in the game. Seriously. It does three worthwhile things, and yet casts fast as lightning. It also creates a whole build around it, since it drops HP globes and requires you to be rather close. Equilibrium + HP/Armor + 4 = run in, take damage, slam stuff dead, pick up HP globes and get your HP and Power back. 

Pure gravy for someone who likes running one button frames and stacking lots of passive mods.

The skills certainly need some buffing to them, that's for sure.

As for Oberon's fragility, I think it is fine. He has an average Armor value (Like Excalibur). Average Shield value (Also like Excalibur), Above Average Health Value (Between Ash and Excalibur for example) and a normal sprint speed  (Also like Excalibur).

And I definitely agree with you on damage scaling for enemy levels for damage skills.

I think it is Ok to have a fragile frame, as long as he can counter that fragility with other values.

1 - When was the last time any #1 was worth a darn? First thing I did when I got blind rage was rush it to, I think, 82%?... and go try out a bunch of #1 powers in T3 void. They all blow. A few have CC implications like Mind Control, but as far as attacks he's just par for the course.

2 - A DoT field is actually a big step forward. Rather than needed 'more damage' it requires better placement and planning to apply more damage. I like it a lot. If you feel it needs a buff, okay, but as a power I don't think we should write it off as 'must be strong'. It has it's place especially when you think about using it with other warframe powers in the mix from teammates.

3 - I didn't find the healign to be weak, and it's affected by power strength right? Definitely DEFINITELY needs faster projectiles IMO.

4 - Are you high? Easily one of the best and yet most balanced 4's in the game. Seriously. It does three worthwhile things, and yet casts fast as lightning. It also creates a whole build around it, since it drops HP globes and requires you to be rather close. Equilibrium + HP/Armor + 4 = run in, take damage, slam stuff dead, pick up HP globes and get your HP and Power back. 

Pure gravy for someone who likes running one button frames and stacking lots of passive mods.

1. I think a 1st skill should be as useful as a 4, just in another way. But 25 energy for 1 kill while I can score potentially 20 for 100, thats the problem. The skill is probably meant to be spammed, like pretty much all 1st skills. If the projectile would aim on enemies (just at launch, not entirely homing) this would probably be the best 1.

2. Might be a step forward, but since when could I deal serious damage with 125/sec? Thats nothing considered to his ultimate (1250 impact/radiation), vene if an enemy stands on it for a long time, but then again I could just shoot it. maybe a decrease between the damage ticks instead of an overall damage increase would do it?

3. The healing would be okay if it would be applied much faster, beacuse you could actually rescue someone whos in a tight spot then.

4. that build sounds good in theory but would probably not make that much of a difference in practical use. Lets face it: at the point where your shields are empty and youre under heavy fire youre dead in most situations, or theres a napalm field everywhere. The only thing I really like is the stun, that has great escape value. but then again 15 meters is nothing, you have to get very close with a rather fragile frame and risk your butt. A range increase would surely do well I think.

Edited by Genoscythe

U ever thrown a strength build and spam multiple hallowed ground in one spot? Its scary. Speed up the death by popping some bullets in them.

Smite is awesome narrow areas.

Reckoning? Forget it

LIFT THEM UP AND PUT THEM DOWN!

You need to put the right mods on him and he's awesome

I got to wave 25 on Xini today with a random group and it was all thanks to one Oberon guy who kept healing everyone. Rest of the team was two Valkyrs and one Banshee. You are saying he is underpowered and I'm not going to say you're wrong, as I have yet to play Oberon myself. But the Oberon that was on my team on that defense mission certainly did not look underpowered. Also, I believe the healing power is currently bugged and can be used to instantly revive downed people (I'm calling it a "bug" because I don't think it is supposed to do this).

On a side note: The new ember feels awesome, and I find it cool that she has certain damage skills and one to weaken enemies, if this would be the case for more damage types on different frames, this would increase their endgame viability.

The new Ember is a horrid. Prior to the change from Overheat to Accelarant, she's already a fragile frame. Now, I only bring her to simple missions.

But I digress.

I have and Oberon with a maxed renewal I can simply stand in the middle of large amounts of enemies in Pluto outer terminus or right in front of raptor for the whole fight, he doesn't feel fragile and even if he is it is quickly eliminated by his renewal power and the other abilities are just as viable especially reckoning.

What a big surprise! After Nekros and Valkyr, our newest Warframe, Oberon, is also quite underpowered and has not much use in a group. For all that he can do there is a better Warframe already.

1. Smite: A power that feels quite cool, damage one enemy and the others around with some projectiles. The only problem with this skill is really that the projectiles do not seem to aim for enemies, just randomly spawn.

2. Hallowed ground: Damage is way too low, 125 is not even enough to put some level 5 grineer down fast. Also the dmaage type is really weak, if we have such a damage type with big drawbacks, I would say let it at least be strong.

3. Dat lame regeneration skill: The projectiles are not fast enough and the healing is a bit weak for the energy cost.

4.  A faster version of crush, with worse damage types and less range. Either damage should be increased drastically, due to the bad damage types that have drawbacks against most enemies or range should be higher to make it a good CC like rhino stomp.

In general Oberon feels too weak in damage and healing power, I think one of both should at least be superior, as he is very fragile and not the fastest.

The damage lack of warframe abilities in endgame is a great problem for all damage-dealer warframes in the game, I think every ability needs a damage value modifier that scales with enemy level, letting the damage fall off less against higher level enemies.

Bro, your opinion on Oberon is totes wrong, you obviously need to l2warframe and mod him properly so he can become uber good on kappa. I mean the guy below gets it...

Stop whining, he is almost as powerful as Nekros!

Bro. Inorder to get Oberon to work for you, you definetly have to mod him very well. And if you do he can be hella powerful. My personal favorite warframe is Nekros and we all know he is hella frail. Alot more so then Oberon infact there are no warframes that arent frail. You cant run into a room and expect to just gun everything down. Your a Ninja not a tank, unless your Rhino. Anyways as Nekros I can last alone to 1 hour and a half on survival. Without using anything but desecrate when it came to powers. So please stop whining about how you cant use him hes totally viable in every fight.

On a serious note, I agree. His 3 and 4 are the only skills worth equipping.

Crush Reckoning is a nuke, so what, it needs to drop orbs regardless of whether it kills an enemy.

Renewal needs faster orbs, needs to be faster than sprinting.

Hallowed ground needs utility, give it a slow or something.

Smite is plain meh in my opinion. I don't know why everyone raved over Soul Punch because it gave them this idea. Worse than soul punch. Due to the random nature of the projectiles, it is best used on groups. But why would I ever use this over Crush Reckoning? Give me a reason to.

I am happy with oberon i must say, because he reminds me of Rhino and excalibur.

This is my build for him, 2pre69g.jpg

like his 4 very mutch and 3 is also very good for myself, but little slow for teammates.

Normal shield value and little more hp.

His 4 also has utility because you always have time too react in crowd, that is another thing that reminds me of rhino, also orbs can be usefull.

His 1 is spamable but hard too multi hit.

His 3rd not so sure.

I think he will do good in survival, in mobile def is already proved.

He is not ubber tank like my Rhino, or Defense oriented Frost, but i simply like him.

A way too survive, usefull ulti that can kill, or provide few sec,  or skill that can immobilize regardless of level (Excalibur) and not bad shields all i want from my frames.

Edited by SALE94

I am happy with oberon i must say, because he reminds me of Rhino and excalibur.

This is my build for him, 2pre69g.jpg

like his 4 very mutch and 3 is also very good for myself, but little slow for teammates.

Normal shield value and little more hp.

His 4 also has utility because you always have time too react in crowd, that is another thing that reminds me of rhino, also orbs can be usefull.

His 1 is spamable but hard too multi hit.

His 3rd not so sure.

I think he will do good in survival, in mobile def is already proved.

He is not ubber tank like my Rhino, or Defense oriented Frost, but i simply like him.

A way too survive, usefull ulti that can kill, or provide few sec,  or skill that can immobilize regardless of level (Excalibur) and not bad shields all i want from my frames.

Put a rage and vitality on. With renewal there isn't much that can stop you unless you are trying to face tank level 50s.

Main mods I hit up are focus, stretch, streamline, blind rage, fleeting expertise, vitality, rage, stretch. Just spam 4 and 3 for days. Takes forma though.

For renewal aim for as much strength as possible and as low duration as possible, healing is always same but its applied through duration so less duration means same healing in less time.

Smite is pretty good even if it doesnt aim at enemies(though de said they should so fix would be in order)

Hallowed ground is great it isnt meant to kill enemies on their own but to weaken them on approach

Reckoning is awesome though orb drop chance is bit low if you ask me.

So far, the only problems I have with him are the following :

His 1 skill works well on the original target but the bouncy tendency of the projectiles is more or less viable. They should have a slight homing whenever they come within 1-2 meters of an enemy and slam into them instead of just going around randomly bouncing off walls.

His 3 skill's projectile needs more speed; as it stands, it can't even keep up with a walking player. That and the delay on the moment you cast it and someone gets affected is so very large that unless you're crumpled together, you might as well not bother as those who'll need to be healed will probably fall before it gets to them, especially considering that someone's that low on Health is usually losing Health at the very moment you notice it.

Edited by Wiegraf

I was just hopping on the forums to make a post about Oberon as well.  Specifically referring to his first ability, I don't feel the projectiles are up to Warframe quality standards... the projectiles look and feel out of place.  In addition, they seem more like rubber balls bouncing everywhere than a deadly force.

My suggestion:

Get rid of the bouncing balls.  Instead upon using the ability, the enemy explodes and leaves some of that holy fire from his second ability along with the current radial effect in place (I think the 2nd ability doesn't do very much but I haven't tried that one yet so who knows).  Also, the effect should look like light coming from the ceiling in a thin beam and then showing the enemy explode (all as quickly as the current version) IMO.

Hallowed Ground should be reworked, I don't think it is practical in the current form it takes.  Rather than fire (which should be added to his first ability as noted above), the ground should force the enemy to either stun or knockdown with increased damage for a short time during and afterward. 

Using these power suggestions rather than how they currently work would allow more synergy between Oberon's powers (think new hallowed ground + smite afterward) and also other warframes.

I've been thinking a lot about Oberon, and here's what I think:

1- Smite needs some minor homing on enemies and slightly more speed.

2- Hallowed Ground could use faster damage dealing or maybe slowing enemies.

3- Renewal's projectiles should be faster.

4- Reckoning needs a voiceover saying "SLAM DUNK".