Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Bullpup Rifle Concept

VoidPunch

So a few weeks ago a made a tenno rifle concept for fun and one of the com mods said I should try a bullpup style gun since we don't really have one in warframe. I had a lot of fun doing this! (I left the magazine generic tho, DE always has weird and unique clips but this was just for fun.) Anyways Let me what you guys think, feedback is always welcome :)

2ivmvpy.jpg

That's brilliant.

Got a stat spread for it yet? 

Nope. It was just a drawing, I couldn't come up with a unique enough idea to make it stand out from what we are have in the game. The community can make up their own stats for it. I'm actually curious to hear what you all think :) 

Bullpup means the clip is at the back...

Essentially without getting too technical, you can have the same length barrel in an overall shorter gun, because the clip and some of the actual firing mechanism is behind the trigger (where in "normal" guns you just have a stock).

Nope. It was just a drawing, I couldn't come up with a unique enough idea to make it stand out from what we are have in the game. The community can make up their own stats for it. I'm actually curious to hear what you all think :) 

If I wasn't about to go to dinner I'd  make up one right now. 

I'll get back to you tonight though for my idea on it. 

Although I kind of feel it should be like, half way between the karak and the Grakata, average damage, high RoF, but with a faster reload. 

18 damage, 

13 RoF, 

1.8 reload. 

Just for a starter idea to get people going. 

Good job! I like that the silhouette and function is very easy to read. I've noticed that with some of DE's weapons there is no clear trigger area, so I'm left unsure about where someone would actually put their hands or be able to fire the weapon, regardless of how it looks in-game.

looks pretty nice, fits grineer style. 

the muzzle brake could be.... 'edgier' though, since Grineer seem to really like their guns being a knife hazard. :p

as for 'stats', a lowerish rate of fire, higher accuracy, slightly higher damage general sort of model seems like a good fit. if we argue that being Bullpup means it has a longer barrel than most of the other weapons while being more compact, then you'd have higher accuracy and possibly a little bit more damage. rate of fire is only my personal preference though. but having a high rate of fire could make it too similar to the Grakata.

Good job! I like that the silhouette and function is very easy to read. I've noticed that with some of DE's weapons there is no clear trigger area, so I'm left unsure about where someone would actually put their hands or be able to fire the weapon, regardless of how it looks in-game.

Thanks, I have to agree with you on this. Although I like quite a few of their guns a majority of them seem odd functionality wise, from the location of the clip (and size) to the handle and even trigger mechanisms, a lot of their guns just look too odd to work. I'm all for creativity but function is need for me too.

looks pretty nice, fits grineer style. 

the muzzle brake could be.... 'edgier' though, since Grineer seem to really like their guns being a knife hazard. :p

as for 'stats', a lowerish rate of fire, higher accuracy, slightly higher damage general sort of model seems like a good fit. if we argue that being Bullpup means it has a longer barrel than most of the other weapons while being more compact, then you'd have higher accuracy and possibly a little bit more damage. rate of fire is only my personal preference though. but having a high rate of fire could make it too similar to the Grakata.

I would like to see a rifle like this in game. A slightly more powerful rifle with reduced fire rate and recoil, very dependable. Not so much and LMG style but a nice powerful and accurate rifle.

Probably something along the lines of:

Damage: 30

Fire rate: 8.5

Clip: 60

Reload: 3.0

Acc: 35

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

^ Tenno G3A3 sounds amazing. 

And as an aspiring digital artist, I must ask: How do you start off, and is it possible for you to make a step-by-step tutorial on how to make guns like these?

I am actually a digital student at the moment. Starting off is always the hard part, some days the inspiration comes fast (like with this piece) other days it takes a while, I'll have to sketch out several iterations until I find something I like.

I could post up a tutorial, maybe show my step by step on future uploads since I like to save my progress on separate layers as I work.

I work tho is a ton of references! I look at many images and paste them to the side of what I'm working on if I am trying to achieve a certain look

Anyways, next gun I post will have progress shots :) May be soon since I have some more concepts I'd like to do

Pretty cool.

I've always thought of the Braton as a bullpup design, mainly since it resembles the FAMAS.

also the braton,reload suggests that it is indeed a bullpup weapon, along with the burston, grakata, ignis, and their prime variants

so there are actually quite a few bullpups, the just dont use your standard magazines, then again, what weapons in warframe actually do