Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ever Wonder What Happens If You Lose To Harvester?

DarknightK

After playing a recent Setebos invasion for the Grineer, I got the Alad V "Marked" message.

I switch to Solo, and sure enough, the Harvester meets me during my next invasion mission.

Now normally, I would've curbstomped him, but due to Hysteria apparently not working on Harvester (DINKLEBEEEEERG),

I was wholly disorganized when it appeared. Leading to my loss. When I first went down, I was in the "Downed" phase, but then Harvester stood above me, and I was instantly downed, with no chance of revival, thinking that the mission was about the be failed. The screen then blacked out, and when it came back, this was what I saw.

2d6oz9j.jpg

At first, I thought my precious Valkyr was about to get slicey-dicey in a few seconds, but then the laser locks disengaged, and Lotus gave me the task of escaping the facility.

You start without your Weapons or Powers. I was able to use my Melee because I had the Obex equipped (I have no idea what happens if you use any other weapon besides the brawler types), and quite frankly, it looked pretty badass.

You can use "Unarmed melee" which is simply just the Obex/Kogake animations.

You run around the Gas City, trying to recover your weapons, powers, and trying to escape the facility, while Salad V taunts you throughout the way.

xpmygy.jpg

2e5791u.jpg

I'll let you guys figure out the rest for yourselves, but all in all, this is pretty good in terms of lore, Great job DE.

Can't wait to see what the Grineer have up their sleeves.

SPOILER: Video from ThaMega detailing the Side-Mission in full.

Edited by DarknightK

The only catch is you have to play Solo.

I have no idea what will happen if you play Online.

EDIT: Apparently, this also happens if you fail to revive a teammates or swat the Harvester away before he "Captures" his target. Hasn't been tested yet, but stand by for results.

Edited by DarknightK

That's really cool. Kind of a shame that you have to lose to the Harvester for it to happen.

If DE ever did a sort of "Story"/Tutorial mission for each Warframe (Learning their abilities and peppering unique and interesting Lore setups), I could imagine Valkyrs would be this. Escaping captivity, securing weapons and fighting her way out.

I think that would be really awesome.

Edited by Haldos

Oh. Em. Gee.

Great, just great.

So if you play Solo, the new Harvester is impossible? He insta-humps your face and your chance to get the Detron is gone.

Lovely... just lovely.

This isn't true. At all. From the OP, Hysteria wouldn't work, and it sounds like he wasn't using adequate/battle-ready gear or something. Having Hysteria dispelled unexpectedly probably threw him off somewhat, too.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Oh. Em. Gee.

This isn't true. At all. From the OP, Hysteria wouldn't work, and it sounds like he wasn't using adequate/battle-ready gear or something. Having Hysteria dispelled unexpectedly probably threw him off somewhat, too.

Yep. I was playing with the Ignis, Tysis, and Obex pre-Level 30 and no Formas.

I honestly didn't think Harvester would be too tasking, but I did have 118/620 Health left when he appeared.

I thought Hysteria could give me some lub-dub points back, but I was quickly cross countered by Dispel :C

Coincidentally, a friend of mine was telling me about how he wanted the Harvester encounter to be EXACTLY this! Every key aspect of this that he spoke of in hopes of happening is actually in the game now.

DE = psychics in disguise?

All-in-all, I'm pretty stoked knowing about this. Even though I have my focus set on getting the Detron first, I'll be sure to "submit" myself to Zanuka to experience this afterwards.

Oh good, somebody finally got caught. Fun fact: This has existed since the Harvester was first implemented on the first Cicero Crisis update. It's just that nobody ever lost.

The only catch is you have to play Solo.

I have no idea what will happen if you play Online.

It will force a quit whether solo or online. Hope you aren't hosting.

Edited by Kyte