Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Needs Nerfing.

Tesseract_The_Pariah

Molecular prime is simply too powerful.  It saps all of the challenge out of the game and devalues other warframes such as Saryn(when was the last time you used or saw one when a Nova was available?), Ember, Volt, Banshee and all that will follow. 

Her ability is literally Press 4 to Win Fight - Nova has taken over all of the roles where other crowd control Warframes are involved.  Why use a Nyx when you have a Nova, save for t3 defenses?  Her ultimate makes Nekros's ult unusable.  She gets all of the kills, not like those matter but nonetheless. 

Something needs to be done.

Really? she was op before the big update dropped. She's a joke now imo. I don't know, the explosive range just seems so much smaller and too many enemies are surviving the initial explosion. Nyx has been steadily better than nova for T3 defense. She stops killing stuff at about wave 10, where as Nyx is a constant. My nova is forma'd and I'm able to fit a blind rage and focus and still get these results.

Nekros can still use Desecrate on Mprimed targets. You disintegrate invisible corpses, but it works.

Mag is Press 2 to Win on any map with shields. Same thing, pretty much. Except you don't have to shoot a target to start the chain, and it makes your allies nigh-invincible when spammed.

stop whining - it's her role, Damage dealer

trinity - healer

rhino -  tank

maybe we should nerf rhino to 100 shields? great idea? 

This is exactly the problem.

Its so monotonous.  We need more variety in the frames being played.  Not just 3 of TEH 1337 FR4MZ.  It makes it boring and as I said, monotonous and repetitive.  Where are the creative teams? 

Also Rhino doesnt need shields when he has iron skin and high armor...  So that nerf really wouldnt do anything.

Edited by Gaminus

I honestly dont play my nova for dps use it more for utilty the 2x damage for mprimed targets for myself and allies is almost a must have once you go past 50 min in surv or wave 40 in surv.

They could remove the damage from mprime completly and would be fine with it just as long as they dont tuch the slow or 2x damage.

But sadly to many ppl spend to much time testing frames in the first three planets or first 10-15 min of survival and think they know about every othere part of the game and how it should be played and what should do what.

Oh, this frame does damage.

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Now many times do people have to make these threads?

This is exactly the problem.

Its so monotonous.  We need more variety in the frames being played.  Not just 3 of TEH 1337 FR4MZ.  It makes it boring and as I said, monotonous and repetitive.  Where are the creative teams? 

who prevents you to create your own team? dont need nova - bring anything you want

Oh, this frame does damage.

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Now many times do people have to make these threads?

She does too much damage...  to the point that other "damage" frames are rendered obsolete.

Really? she was op before the big update dropped. She's a joke now imo. I don't know, the explosive range just seems so much smaller and too many enemies are surviving the initial explosion. Nyx has been steadily better than nova for T3 defense. She stops killing stuff at about wave 10, where as Nyx is a constant. My nova is forma'd and I'm able to fit a blind rage and focus and still get these results.

I use Nova and I can say I am pretty good at it. I will have to disagree with you. Instead of trying to shoot one guy, I personally use Antimatter drop. Less than half a clip is more than enough to take out T3 defense enemies (what like.. level 50 dudes?)

So she is still good at what she does. Even if you arent killing them, better them slow down then having 30 some enemies rush you.

Also Nova, though strong, is not always the best. Nekros can make oxygen in survival. You can kill all you want but more oxygen is always better.

Nyx is utility, utility abilities like chaos dont go stale. Where Nova may fail in killing, chaos will stop you from being killed. You cant replace that.

Its not all about T3 defenses either. There are alot of hard missions you can do.

Mag's shield polarize is a percentage based and can still do damage to Corpus far into the game

I will say that Ember (accelerate synergy), Sayrn (venom's damage), Banshee (silence) , and some others though they have been changed, still need some proper alterations to be viable players. I do expect that all warframes being viable in higher leveled content, though each of them being different. Even if that means that some frames are to be nerfed and others to be buffed in the process

Edited by Anatolius

Nekros can still use Desecrate on Mprimed targets. You disintegrate invisible corpses, but it works.

Mag is Press 2 to Win on any map with shields. Same thing, pretty much. Except you don't have to shoot a target to start the chain, and it makes your allies nigh-invincible when spammed.

Desecrate isn't the ulti :P SotD is, you need kills for that. Nova calls dibbs on all units affected by M-prime.

She does too much damage...  to the point that other "damage" frames are rendered obsolete.

OH, so NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF anything that does damage so that ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL do crappy damage.

Don't BUFF anything. NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRF it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

Your argument has been posted about 50 times. Try using the search function. Please?