Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What The Devs Doing With The Fact That There Is No Room For Any New Mods(Especially The New Melee Mods And Old/new Utility Mods)?

XDeathCoreX

Do people here have an issue with giving Utility/Raw Damage and new melee(Animation and move specific damage) mods(And other mods for other gear/frames that focus on that them) their own section and their own points for all warframes and gear where only those mods can be placed and where no other mod can go? Or even fusing two mods to create new dual mods(YOU CANNOT FUSE EVERY CARD OR EQUIP CARDS WITH SAME EFFECTS ALTHOUGH THEY CAN BE A FEW EXCEPTIONS).

Or how does only fusing damage with utility and fusing elements sound? They already pushed people to have two elements in a build wasting space, why not fuse them?

Or are you all content with being all the same damage build with millions of useless(in some players eyes...maybe, but they have some use and can be fun) mods that no one ever uses.

They keep releasing new mods that no one shall ever use. And now they plan on releasing a large batch of new melee mods. But where is everyone going to put them? No room? Hell, there is barely enough room for the new glaive exclusives mods from months ago and that wasn't a lot of mods either. if that's the case, why bother?

Are 8 slots really enough? So much utility mods, no room for them.

So what is it that the dev team is going to do about the issue?

is there a reason to use any of the new mods over the current damage mods?

Do they pt a lot of energy and thought into new mods?

Do they think people shall ever substitute damage for utility?

Even warframes are stuck with the usual power related mods leaving no room for defense or more shields which is why people die a lot. many has said they did not bother with defense and went full on offense into their graves.

So what are the devs going to do about issue?

Are they ever going to give tenno more freedom on what to build outside all the min maxing nonsense? Or are they content with everyone having general the same min maxing all damage build with no new mods(non damage increasing) in sight.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

I am pretty sure that in one of the livestreams prior to Damage 2.0 one of the devs (I don't remember who) said that "Adding slots is a possibility but not before Damage 2.0." or something really similar. Sure is that I've never heard a word about it after that. Or maybe I was just dreaming.

to be fair, stuff like redirection/vitality are still widely used, and you must decide if you want to sacrifice power in your build for some survivability. but mods like maglev and reflex guard should be moved to a utility slot. it would be cool to have a couple extra slots for utility mods that aren't really used, but are interesting and can be useful. the stamina-related mods should go here, and possibly even the damage-specific resistance mods (anti-toxin, flame repellent, insulation, etc.), unless those get a buff to be arguably usable in a normal build. but in the state they are now, they aren't being used, and I feel they might be (some people will want some extra fire resistance for grineer survivals) if they didn't take away slots from ability-related mods and other useful mods (again, redirection/vitality, and even things like quick thinking and sure footed. those can useful enough to put in a normal build)

Do people here have an issue with giving Utility mods their own section and their own points for all warframes and gear? Or even fusing two mods to create new dual mods(YOU CANNOT FUSE EVERY CARD OR EQUIP CARDS WITH SAME EFFECTS ALTHOUGH THEY CAN BE A FEW EXCEPTIONS).

Or are you all content with being all the same damage build with millions of useless(in some players eyes...maybe, but they have some use and can be fun) mods that no one ever uses.

They keep releasing new mods that no one shall ever use. And now they plan on releasing as large batch of new melee mods. But where is everyone going to put them? No room? if that's the case, why bother?

Are 8 slots really enough? So much utility mods, no room for them.

So what is it that the dev team is going to do about the issue?

is there a reason to use any of the new mods over the current damage mods?

Do they pt a lot of energy and thought into new mods?

Do they think people shall ever substitute damage for utility?

Even warframes are stuck with the usual power related mods leaving no room for defense or more shields which is why people die a lot. many has said they did not bother with defense and went full on offense into their graves.

So what are the devs going to do about issue?

Are they ever going to give tenno more freedom on what to build outside all the min maxing nonsense? Or are they content with everyone having general the same min maxing all damage build with no new mods(non damage increasing) in sight.

I'm inclined to agree with you...

Ideally, mods like Flow and Focus and Continuity really shouldn't exist or slots should be opened up allowing them to be added but not affect your frame's mod capacity.

Those 3 mods combined make up almost half of a frame's mod capacity without formas.

My personal thinking was DE would benefit by capping the benefits in those areas and building hybrid mods similar to Equilibrium that cost less space but offered similar benefits while simultaneously dissuading players from adding Flow, Focus, & etc because of diminishing returns. 

I prefer a more open, simpler approach to adjusting the system.

We have eight slots we can polarize.

Then we have an infinite number of non-polarized slots outside of that we can place mods into.  In the end, we still only have 30 or 60 mod points to spend.  Coincidentally, this means mod cards NOT of maximum rank could become desirable simply for demanding fewer points, and opens up the number of possible mod combinations near infinitely.  Well, that's hyperbole, but it's an absurd number regardless.

For now, I'll enjoy running invasions and lower end $#!% with a purposely gimped mod build for the sake of having interesting game play over simple minded brute-f***ing-force.

Edited by Littleman88

I prefer a more open, simpler approach to adjusting the system.

We have eight slots we can polarize.

Then we have an infinite number of non-polarized slots outside of that we can place mods into.  In the end, we still only have 30 or 60 mod points to spend.  Coincidentally, this means mod cards NOT of maximum rank could become desirable simply for demanding fewer points, and opens up the number of possible mod combinations near infinitely.  Well, that's hyperbole, but it's an absurd number regardless.

For now, I'll enjoy running invasions and lower end $#!% with a purposely gimped mod build for the sake of having interesting game play over simple minded brute-f***ing-force.

Brute force is all everyone knows.

Sounds like we will have to decide to go for

Frame Power build (as usual)

or

Melee build (equip those melee mod for our frame)

and we will have to wait til March to see the real changes...

Can see it now

Style > Power

Death > Survival

People - Left for dead...

I'd like to see more varied and useful, I'd like to emphasise useful, mods for frames aswell as the removal of stock mods such as stretch, flow, focus and continuity in the hope that they get transferred into the focus system.

I'm fine with mods that require pay offs or dual mods being left, but the essentials need to go to allow varied builds.

And by new varied and useful mods I mean ones that don't rely on chance (looking at you retribution and sure footed) and that actually are useful (looking at you acrobat).

An example of what I would like to see would be frame specific mods. As with focus, we should be able to tailor our frame to a certain role, so it would be nice to have mods that emphasise that. For example a mod that makes volts shock send out two rather than one shock, or a mod that increases valkyrs melee damage the lower her hp, or a mod that increases embers speed for a duration the more powers she spams. That sort of thing would please me.

But basically, I hope utility and "core" mods get phased into the focus system. And in a perfect world, the same would apply to weapons.

We will have to wait and see how these mods play out. Sounds like there will be some duds in the pack eg extra wall attack damage. However maybe some will be useful. We will have to see what we get. DE have taken additional time to work on melee 2.0 let's hope that gets us some nice and interesting mods.

We will have to wait and see how these mods play out. Sounds like there will be some duds in the pack eg extra wall attack damage. However maybe some will be useful. We will have to see what we get. DE have taken additional time to work on melee 2.0 let's hope that gets us some nice and interesting mods.

In the end, people shall choose damage with no style with really high level enemies.

Having, say, two more slots would make a warframe massively more powerful. However, in the long run I think I prefer having to make a trade off and really consider which mods are more important to my play style.

Also, the content, as it is right now, isn't exactly challenging. I don't think I could keep playing if it got any easier. I might feel differently if there were high level content, or endgame material.

I think a form of rehaul is necessary, but build upon what we have already.

In short: We need more slots, the ones we have now for general damage (in weapons) or general survivability/powers (in Warframes and Sentinels), while we get new ones dedicated for utility and situational damage/surviability/powers (but these utilitymods should still be able to be equipped in the regular damage/survivability/power slots if you want)

Better explained: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/158729-changing-the-modding-experience-mod-rebalance-and-more/

Adding more slots is not going to solve anything because the people that only min/max will just have more space to min/max and  will add only mods that help the min/max so there will STILL be mods that "no one uses."

The system is there to be played with and if you dont want to play it that is all on you.

You have 3 possible setups, there is no excuse to experiment and screw around with two of those setup spaces.

You dont need to have rank 10 everything at every occasion.