Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 12.4.4

[DE]darryl1

Grineer's Light Zap Traps and Instant Drain doors are Joy Killers I NO longer PLAY Grineer Missions because off them.

(P.S. insanely OP!)

DE please remove from game!

Edited by Alex-4

I pulled a spanking new Loki out of the foundry and ran around the starmap. I used lowlevel weapons and didn't use a single mod in the Frame that increases survivability, except the ones I found along my way, which was Vitality, and I kept that on rank 1.

I've completed the entirety of Mercury without encountering a single broken light. Venus and Earth fall flat because no broken lights so I didn't even go there. Next stop is Saturn. I ran a few missions there... not a single broken light.

So everyone claiming that the broken lights are bad for beginner players, either have no idea what they are talking about, or broken lights have been moved with this hotfix exclusively to non-standard solar maps (Invasions, Alerts, nightmare modes, etc).

I've jumped into the active Uranus invasion, and yes, lots of broken lights hitting with 300 damage, instakilling that poor Loki with still a blinding flash.

However, I also haven't come across any of the door-force fields as of yet. Might have just been lucky?

Thanks guys :)

I have to +1 the toning down of broken lights... they've got to do less damage and/or not spawn so close to each other, preferably both. I've dropped into rooms in which every single candidate light was a lightning trap.

Of course, we're all assuming that the damage isn't calculated based on level/skill... but even in that case they shouldn't spawn next to each other.

EDIT: after reading Khunvyel's post i did some missions in mercury and saturn just out of interest. Didn't see a single broken light or security door in mercury, but did see them (got killed by broken lights once) in saturn. Also couldn't get through a security door due to the sensor being obscured & no AOE weapons.

Edited by childeGideon

- Fixed clients getting stuck when activating Life Support Capsules in Survival missions.

It's funny because until you guys said you "Fixed" this bug (last time) i never had this problem. It's happened to me 6 or 7 times in the past few days and i had to resort to shooting my weapon in the direction i want to go, then proceed to rolling my way to extraction. 

Edited by superbot34

- Fixed Grineer Galleon door & light traps ignoring radial damage from explosive weapons.

Just remove the damn lights until you can fix:

- Lights in starting room killing people before they've loaded in

- Lights in nightmare mode - see above particularly

- Lights impossible to see/target due to being under decorative objects

- Lights spawning in areas where they're impossible to see before they target the user (behind doorways etc)

- Lights doing far too much damage

- Lights spawning excessively in many rooms

In fact, just remove the lights altogether. They're cheap, infuriating and add absolutely nothing worthwhile. Seriously, an explosive damage band-aid is the least of our issues.