Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Smg's (Sub Machine Guns). Warframe Only Has One!

Cyberspace100

The point of this post is simple:

MORE SMG'S (SUB MACHINE GUNS). WARFRAME ONLY HAS ONE!

Sub-Machine Guns are awesome, low damage but high rates of fire, awesome crit, large magazines and crit damage.

Warframe only has one and it is not that good without some serious love and forma, and a catalyst, and some very rare mods, and a few more forma. ( you get the picture).

My idea is for a new SMG that has a decent damage, a high rat of fire and crit chance/damage. But is silenced and dual wielded. This would be awesome, mowing down swarms of corpus with my dual SMG's in complete silence. None of the rifles/SMG are silent.

WE ARE NINJA's.

Space Ninja's.

We need to have this weapon:

Summary: we need another SMG

High-fire rate

DECENT DAMAGE

COMPLETELY SILENT 

Dual WIELDED

NICE CRIT CHANCE AND DAMAGE 

AVERAGE ACCURACY

NOT IN THE TENNO DOJO ( this would limit the weapon to high level players and make it another soma)

NOTE: Maybe give it two cross-hairs to fire in separate directions.

Note: 

-Viper

-Twin Vipers

-waith Twin Vipers

-Furis

-AFuris

-Dex Furis

-Twin Gremlins

-Ak Stiletto

-Cestra

-Dual Cestra

ARE ALL MACHINE PISTOLS. MACHINE GUNS REFERS TO RIFLE TYPE WEAPONS

ALL FEED-BACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

SMGSMG.png

Edited by Cyberspace100

Alternatively go down the path of the (dragon) Ninkana. Release two variants - one that players of lower mastery can use and enjoy and a superior, upgraded version for higher mastery players looking for the next big weapon.

But yeah, a new SMG is long overdue.

THIS WOULD BE SERIOUSLY AWESOME!!!!!!. Creep in to a corpus ship in the dead of night. Keeping put of sight. You @#&$ your DUAL WIELDED SMG'S!!!! And erupt of the darkness. Mowing Down unsuspecting corpus, left and right. No one hear's a thing. 

WE ARE NINJA's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alternatively go down the path of the (dragon) Ninkana. Release two variants - one that players of lower mastery can use and enjoy and a superior, upgraded version for higher mastery players looking for the next big weapon.

But yeah, a new SMG is long overdue.

HELL YEAH!!!!!

I'd rather have another single Smg, not another akimbo automatic pistol/mini-smg weapon.

even shorter:

weapons like the P-90 and the KRISS Vector

not dual uzi's or dual tac-9's

But then it would just be a re-skinned grataka. 

Dual Wielded and silent. That's what we need

I'm all for another SMG. No more akimbo-bullS#&$ though. Grakata has to be one of my favourite weapons, I would use it more if not for it's artstyle (Grineer) not fitting most of the frames I run.

We need more SMG's. The grataka's good but DE should put their heads together and come up with an original, unique and awesome SMG.

A dual wield stealth SMG sounds like a nice idea. 

Though it wouldn't be 100% Silent, but more  'low-alert'. Basically like the Ballistica.Not fully silent but has a high noise reducion. Even if those are silent you'll still hear the 'ping ping ping' the silencer makes. Even the Latron Prime that seriously sounds like a silenced weapon isn't a stealth weapon at all. ( i think ).

Dual wield... why not? Would be fun, but aren't the Afuris already almost like that? I mean, those got almost 100 shot (70 shot to be presice) in 1 clip.

I really don't know if a akimbo SMG would still have a place, as there are already some Akimbo auto-pistols (Afuris, Dual Cestras,Twin Gremlins and Vipers,..). 

I still like the idea though!. But 100% silent would be a over-kill for full-automatics.

(Might have some typos in there, i apologize.)

Edited by EgXear

A dual wield stealth SMG sounds like a nice idea. 

Though it wouldn't be 100% Silent, but more  'low-alert'. Basically like the Ballistica.Not fully silent but has a high noise reducion. Even if those are silent you'll still hear the 'ping ping ping' the silencer makes. Even the Latron Prime that seriously sounds like a silenced weapon isn't a stealth weapon at all. ( i think ).

Dual wield... why not? Would be fun, but aren't the Afuris already almost like that? I mean, those got almost 100 shot (70 shot to be presice) in 1 clip.

I really don't know if a akimbo SMG would still have a place, as there are already some Akimbo auto-pistols (Afuris, Dual Cestras,Twin Gremlins and Vipers,..). 

I still like the idea though!. But 100% silent would be a over-kill for full-automatics.

(Might have some typos in there, i apologize.)

Thats the only issue with my idea. We are ready have that sort of weapon. It's really up to DE to come up with an original weapon.

maybe give it two cross-hairs to fire in separate directions.

Now that's an idea. 

Realistically it would make no sense, but who cares? Space ninjas. Sounds really fun too.

Now.. if only DE would actually consider this...

Edited by kaboomonme

Thats the only issue with my idea. We are ready have that sort of weapon. It's really up to DE to come up with an original weapon.

I'm just saying my opinion , i like that idea. I still don't know really if a SMG would fit.

I always considered Grakata as rifle because of it's huge accuracy. SMGs are usually equipped with medium-low accuracy and medium-low range.

Adding a SMG as primary would make Akimbo Auto-pistols loose the meaning as CQC. .... Adding a SMG as secondary would just be another akimbo auto-pistol.

It seriously would need to be a mix out of a Rifle and a Pistol. A 'mid-stage' between both of those.

Edited by EgXear

I'm just saying my opinion , i like that idea. I still don't know really if a SMG would fit.

I always considered Grakata as rifle because of it's huge accuracy. SMGs are usually equipped with medium-low accuracy and medium-low range.

Adding a SMG as primary would make Akimbo Auto-pistols loose the meaning as CQC. .... Adding a SMG as secondary would just be another akimbo auto-pistol.

It seriously would need to be a mix out of a Rifle and a Pistol. A 'mid-stage' between both of those.

A pistol/rifle hybrid weapon. I like it. I'll se what i can dream up and put it in a concept. I'll then let you know

wait

Space Ninja's.

We need to have this weapon:

Summary: we need another SMG

High-fire rate

DECENT DAMAGE

COMPLETELY SILENT 

Dual WIELDED

NICE CRIT CHANCE AND DAMAGE 

AVERAGE ACCURACY

NOT IN THE TENNO DOJO ( this would limit the weapon to high level players and make it another soma)

NOTE: Maybe give it two cross-hairs to fire in separate directions.

Decent dmg and crit is a little to much if iths dualwield then you have a clone of the soma in the size of tiwn vipers.

AND WE DONT have only one smg we have:

-Viper

-Twin Vipers

-waith Twin Vipers

-Furis

-AFuris

-Dex Furis

-Twin Gremlins

-Ak Stiletto

-Cestra

-Dual Cestra

Note:

Then we Have 10 Smgs

Sicarus with Gunlinger is a Smg too

But what is this : Sub-Machine Guns are awesome, low damage but high rates of fire, awesome crit, large magazines and crit damage.

This is no smg its a very decent and awsome smg.

I play the game since Update 7.3 I think and the "old" guns arend used by anyone anymore

Who uses a furis ? Nobody we have Akstilettos,Vipers and Gremlins :D

Who uses the Gorgon ? Nobody we have a soma with 100 % crit and a decent dmg *J*

The smg which is in your mind will be overpowerd until you use it in defense to wave 75 !

There are only a few broken weapons like this SOMA,Synapse(but its ok because synapse isnt cheap)

Who needs a smg to be a ninja ?

I have a Bow, Kunai and a dragon nikana --> im silent but deadly without shooting 10000000 bullets with 300 damage each !

I wonder if DE will ever scrap the "Ninja" tag line.

We are not ninjas we have not been for a very long time.

Many of the machine gun pistols fit everything you have described.

With all the current themes of some of the warframes.... I wouldn't say that we're "ninjas" but more like assassins or hitmans....

Reasons:

- Ninjas are supposedly stealthy (then again same can be said for assassins and hitmans).... Well that is what we usually assume anyway, but now I understand that a "ninja" is basically a spy with lots a killing techniques that can be subtle or "public".

- Some of them don't fit that "ninja" look.... by that I mean the slim look... (I know, I know.... "you framist/modelist!")

- For the reason above this one, when you think of a ninja, you picture some person in a ninja suit... they're usually not bulky like Rhino.... but instead slim'd down like Excalibur or other slim warframes.

Some of the warframes (their prime counterparts as well) do not fit the typical "ninja" theme that you would normally think of... I'll list a few:

- Rhino (your typical tank)

- Hydroid (pirate?)

- Vauban (feels like it's themed on a mechanic/engineer with an old man feel to it)

- Oberon (really? a paladin? wouldn't have even guessed it, if DE didn't tell us it was paladin themed)

- Nekros (a necromancer basically)

Here are some of the warframes that really fit the "ninja" theme... are at least, very close to it:

- Ash

- Loki

And finally there warframes (their prime counterparts as well) are neutral or in the middle for the "ninja" theme, since they fit along the lines of the ninjas you would see in anime or other games/movies/series that have ninjas that cast the special/elemental moves:

- Ember

- Volt (with the tailcoat, more reminded of a hitman)

- Excalibur (while he is the face of warframe, he fits more of a swordsman/samurai if anything)

- Frost (again with his model, but instead of hitman, more like a mage)

- Rhino (way too bulky to fit the "ninja" theme)

- Nova

- Saryn (fits the assassin role if anything with her poisons)

- Banshee

- Nyx

- Valkyr

- Zephyr

- Mag

- Trinity (although she barely meets the requirements to be on this list)

I think that about covers all the frames, but yeah.... you get the idea. Even in MMOs/MMORPGs, the ninja/assassin classes are usually through class specialization and job advances through the thief or anything that is speed and dex based. I know this isn't a typical MMO/MMORPG, but you get where I'm coming from.

At this point Warframe isn't about "ninjas" in space but more like warriors, as the Lotus has said in the intro. Warriors/Weapons with very acrobatic feats and have special powers/abilities to help them complete missions for the Lotus.

Edited by VoidWraith

I'm all for another SMG. No more akimbo-bullS#&$ though. Grakata has to be one of my favourite weapons, I would use it more if not for it's artstyle (Grineer) not fitting most of the frames I run.

GRAK4LYF

Yeah, dual-wielding machines pistols is pretty much the most common sidearm already. Honestly? There's not a whole lot of benefit to SMGs as primary armaments. The one thing we could focus on is the stopping power argument for pistol rounds, and Grineer weapons already have high Impact damage, while the Grakata covers status chance.

I wouldn't class the likes of Afuris, Twin Gremlins, Vipers and so on as SMGs. Those would more accurately fall into the catagory of machine pistol - that being defined as a single-handed automatic weapon firing pistol-caliber ammunition. That being said, an SMG is a two-handed automatic weapon that fires pistol-caliber ammunition as well. They're generally noted as having somewhat better accuracy and control at medium range, while machine pistols are only really good at close range.

Given the size of the Grakata though, the question that could be asked is would one consider it an SMG? I'd say yes as despite its size, it fires fairly compact rounds - probably the same as the Viper's.

Of course the other question is...do we really NEED another SMG as an alternative to the Grakata? We have a plethora of decent automatic weapons as is: A number of assault rifles, one or two squad automatic weapons, and two "machine guns".

HiroProtagonest: That's a good point. Pistol rounds are noted for their impact damage and "stopping" power, while assault rifle rounds tend to focus more on the ability to penetrate and puncture.

Edited by MirageKnight

Furis, Stiletto, Vipers and all their variants are considered SMGs / machine pistols no ?

Since they fire pistol grade ammo anyway.

Only the Grakata breaks the mold as it is more of a saw off carbine.

But then again there is only the Grakata, we can do another one anyway.

And the Grakata still has a sweeet ammo pool.