Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bleed Proc Is Op!

Lucredis

No, no. I'm just telling you guys that it's kinda insanely powerful.

Here's the story:

I wanted to see how good Amprex can be so I played Gaia, intended to go as far as I can.

It stopped being useful at wave 6. It used every bullet it had just to kill one bombard.

So I continued with my trusty tysis, dual zoren and a useless block of corpus junk on my back.

A good amount of waves later, my tysis start to chip only a tiny bit of enemy health at a time.

But my zoren still kill stuffs with ease so I kept on going with just zoren alone.

Then some waves later, I realised that I just ohk'ed a lvl 387 bombard with ground finisher. That made me curious about how much damage my zoren can do.

NksYlvY.jpg

As you see, it's doing a WHOOPING 237 damage with stealth+crit bonus!

DX0NYa7.jpg

Followed by a HOLYCOW 42 damage with just stealth bonus. Wow!

With that amount of damage, it's just gonna take forever and a bit more to kill that guy, right?

But then when I knocked him down and ground-finish him:

ENGwtYG.jpg

And

xnqZ7ec.jpg

The damage just went over the roof! He died with second tick of bleeding damage!

lRVm9ga.jpg

50560. And that's just the first tick of bleed proc!

I know those numbers aren't that "high" for some. But they come from a weapon that do just a shy 42 damage on normal attacks! And they destroy those guys in seconds so they're good enough for me.

Did I mention that the bleed proc killed a lvl 387 bombard in one hit? That's downright op!

OF3t9wf.jpg

Edited by Lucredis

Maybe it's got a little to do with your stance? See if it does that much without your stance equipped and we'll see if that's giving you a boost or not.

Seems to have no difference. Just tested it in terminus, same damage with or without stance.

What's your melee build?

This

gEv1aPh.jpg

I think there might be a little photoshop used here. Either that or the screenshots aren't matching up in the same game.

EDIT: The final screenshot has the UI disrupted by in-game lighting? I think not. Photoshop.

The orange light in the middle comes from slam and ground finish attack.

The white light in the lower corner comes when the damage modifier increases.

The whole pic was taken directly from the game, no editing.

So. I went to do some tests, and this has opened my eyes to two things:

The first. Finisher attacks seem to have a largely increased proc chance, majority of the time it was slash, with some puncture and impact here and there, with few non procs. Very nice.

The Second. I quickly replicated the same thing on a smaller scale with a quick T3 Ext in the void. Un-modded Dragon Nikana Finishers made enemies bleed to death, heavies and all, despite them being 32~35 ish and the weapon being un-modded. I don't think that I want to say that bleed is OP. It's just that finishers seem to do what they're meant to do now. Finish people off, haha.

It really does make me want to make a weapon fully focused on slash now. This is quite an interesting find indeed.

Oh and slash damage tics scale with stealth. Yay for my Ash ~

Edit: The tests I did were all in stealth with Ash, and seems to have an extremely large damage boost while in stealth for bleed. Deffinatly might need a looking into, considering I bleed for 1.9k with an unmodded weapon. I can't imagine how much I could make them bleed with a 100k finisher.

Edited by Shuuro

What intrigue me is, do you only use slash procs to go that far. Or your normal melee and Tysis are actually also able to deal with lv 300+ enemies?

I stop using tysis around 240 and only use zoren after that.

Edited by Lucredis

Also to note is that the bleed damage dealt by melee weapons counts as melee damage. So if you're invisible as Ash or Loki and deal the hit, the bleed basically double dips into the 4x multiplier, as it's based on the 4x base damage and then is multiplied by 4 itself, at least in my experience. To test, cause an enemy to bleed with melee, then go invisible and watch the damage increase.

• 1 month later...